49 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Vagner said:

Is the I-130 included as part of the process? I will also need to turn that form in, right?

Thank you for your help, guys! @payxibka and @Tanish

I130 is the beginning of the process 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Vagner said:

Yes, we've been here for over a year now. What is a DCF? I couldn't open the link.

9 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Be careful,  DCF only for exceptional circumstances, and then only if approved in advance 

Please see the following link and look at the criteria.

https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/consular-processing

Timeline Info below:

Spoiler

04/21/16 -- Marriage

----- CR1 Process -----

USCIS Stage [222 days from NOA1]

06/08/16 -- Sent I-130

01/31/17 -- I-130 petition sent to NVC [Received Email notification and MyUscis status update]

NVC Stage [105 days from NOA2]

Embassy/Consulate (Interview) Stage [43 days from Case Complete to Visa in Hand]

05/18/17 -- Consulate Received. CEAC Case status changed to "Ready"

06/01/17 -- Medical Examination [Complete. It took around 2 hours. Total Cost INR 11650 for Surat City Apollo Clinic]

06/12/17 -- Biometric (OFC) Appointment

06/13/17 -- Interview [7:30 AM at Mumbai, India]. Visa Approved

06/15/17 -- Visa in hand

06/21/17 -- POE at DFW (Dallas, Texas)

----- Removal of Condition -----

Removal of Condition (I-751) [Approved]

06/18/2019 -- Sent the package (3 Days before GC expires, cutting it close). Sent to Lewisville, TX via FedEx Ground

06/19/2019 -- Package received at around 9:30 AM (Hoping I don't get rejected for missing deadline)

06/24/2019 -- Card was charged with $680 fees. Text Message received confirming Receipt. Case routed to NBC (Case Number starts with 'MSC')

06/28/2019 -- NOA Hard Copy & 18 Months Extension Letter Received in Mail with NOA Date as 06/19/2019

07/12/2019 -- Biomentrics Appointment Letter received. The Letter is Dated 7/5/2019. Appointment is on 7/22/2019

07/22/2019 -- Biometrics Appointment Complete

02/01/2022 -- Interview Scheduled for 3/3/2022 (combo interview)

03/03/2022 -- Interview Complete. No new Green Card will be produced as my Naturalization was also approved.

03/04/2022 -- USCIS status changed to approved.

----- Naturalization -----

Naturalization (N-400) [Approved]

03/26/2022 -- N-400 online application complete. NOA Date.

01/15/2021 -- Biometric Complete.

02/28/2022 -- Interview scheduled for 3/3/2022 (combo interview)

03/03/2022 -- Interview Passed. Status changed to 'we recommended that your application be approved...' and then to 'Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled'.

03/09/2022 -- Oath Ceremony was scheduled for 3/25/2022.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Tanish said:

Please see the following link and look at the criteria.

https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/consular-processing

A read of the Brazil embassy site says ALL petitions must start stateside.   The are even silent to exceptional circumstances 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

52 minutes ago, Tanish said:

There may also be different rule for DCF from Brazil, so you may want to research more on that.

U.S. citizens residing in this field office’s jurisdiction but outside of Peru may file with the Department of State only if the USCIS Lima field office director determines that there are exceptional circumstances.

USCIS Lima is in the Latin America, Canada and the Caribbean District and has jurisdiction over U.S. immigration matters in Peru, Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands, French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Uruguay, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, Suriname, and Venezuela.

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/international-offices/peru-uscis-lima-field-office

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

It will take about a year to get a spousal visa CR-1/IR-1.  My husband is Brazilian and just got his visa a week ago, it took 11 months from filing a petition to receiving the visa, some take longer.  Step one is for your wife to file an I-130 petition on your behalf with supporting documents.  She should read and study the guides here on Visa Journey and follow all of the instructions for the I-130 on the USCIS website.  Your wife will also need to establish US domicile and show evidence of sufficient US-based income to sponsor you financially, so she may need to move to the US before you do in order to satisfy these two requirements.  You may also need a co-sponsor if her income in the US is not sufficient to sponsor you on her own.  The process is long, complicated, expensive, and requires a lot of patience and waiting.  You will most likely have to live apart for a few months at least.  DCF is only available from Brazil, via Lima Peru, for very unusual circumstances.  Good luck with your visa journey!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks, @carmel34

Do you know where this USCIS office is located?

i guess the by her income it would be easier to show that she can support me when I get there. Do you know if I could use her parent’s address as our own?

Since you’re American and your husband is Brazilian, would you mind send me a message so we can talk? Maybe you can help my wife with the steps we might have to take. 

Here’s my number:(removed)

Thank you for your help!

Edited by Ontarkie
Removed personal information.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Vagner said:

Thanks, @carmel34

Do you know where this USCIS office is located?

i guess the by her income it would be easier to show that she can support me when I get there. Do you know if I could use her parent’s address as our own?

Since you’re American and your husband is Brazilian, would you mind send me a message so we can talk? Maybe you can help my wife with the steps we might have to take. 

Here’s my number: (removed)

Thank you for your help!

USCIS has offices all over.  Go to the USCIS website, https://www.uscis.gov/ for all the information you need, including the I-130 form and instructions and where to file the completed petition and other documents.  Also, read and study the guide here on Visa Journey.  I will send you a message, but you shouldn't post your number here, this is a public forum, so I will ask the mods to delete the number.  Yes, you can use her parents' address as the intended place to live in the US, but you live in Brazil now so your address there would be the one to put on the forms as your current place of residence.  She will need to show US-based income at the NVC stage of the process, about 8 months after filing the I-130 petition, so she may have to move to the US soon in order to do that, leaving you behind in Brazil while waiting for the petition and eventually visa approval.  Or get a qualified co-sponsor in the US.  From your questions, you have a lot of research to do, and your wife should be doing this research because she files the petition, not you.  Also she is the one who will have to sponsor you financially so she needs to know what is required before you go down this road.  Living in Brazil is way way cheaper than living in the US.  Since you're already living together, have you considered just staying in Brazil?

Edited by Ontarkie
edited quoted part to remove personal info

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~One post edited to remove personal information and one quoted edited. Please do not post personal information as anyone can read these forum and some with not so good intentions.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Your american wife needs to come as soon as possible to establish residency in the US

she will be required to show past 3 years of tax retuns and income to satisfy the 125% poverty level guidelines (at the 2nd stage of the process)

4 hours ago, Vagner said:

@carmel34

We are missionaries and we decided that it would be great if I could get these things done as soon as possible.

It won’t be fast. As stated numerous times already, it takes about a year from filing the petition to receiving the visa.

have your wife read the guides here and USCIS website.

the sooner you guys get educated on the process, the sooner you will be able to move 

just please don’t try using your visitor visa to circumvent the immigration process - MANY Brazilians do it and that’s why it’s difficult for people with genuine intention to visit have their visas denied

good luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
9 hours ago, Vagner said:

or if it would be better to start the process in Brazil, before going to the USA. 

Yes! File your (thoroughly checked and complete) I-130 as soon as you can! Check the guides on this website and triple check the official instructions.

I applied in June 2018 thinking I could move in August 2019, but my I-130 hasn't moved an inch. It takes a long time.

Good luck, OP!

Moving in April is very unlikely, given that you have yet to start the process.  Please research and read as much as possible on the process of the USC establishing domicile, which will need to be done ahead of time.

Religious visas are non-immigrant.

6 hours ago, Vagner said:

@carmel34

We are missionaries and we decided that it would be great if I could get these things done as soon as possible.

Nothing with US immigration is fast, or cheap.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Does my wife need to go first? Can’t we just move together once I receive the green card? I don’t know if her parents could be our financial reference, and they live in a different state than the one we are planning to move to. If we referenced her parents and then moved to another state as we get there, that could cause us some problems, even though being married for five years, right?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.