SJordanS

Asking for a Relatives - Withdrew Application at Airport

75 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
22 hours ago, Boiler said:

The chances of getting another B with a recent bounce is so low as to be nigh on impossible, wonder what sort of job he does that requires him to visit the US for so long and for so often. An easy refusal.

I say chances as we never know the fully story, just glimpses, and he is certainly free to apply.

Lie, well that just adds a waiver to the equation, more money and another year or so processing.

Sounds like the ost practical solution would be her to be the one that moves.

He did not tell the border patrol at the airport he was married when asked why the visit back to USA but said he plans on telling the counselor when he goes for his interview again. Obviously he has to note this on his Ds-160.   I came here because I was curious as to why they both keep insisting it’s OK to be married on this type of business and pleasure B Visa and that he should’ve been let back in had it nor been for a jerk officer according to them.  At least my curiosity is now satiafied. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

10685284_10203853223303551_1747007237_n.jpg

Timeline
22 hours ago, Daisy.Chain said:

I was in a similar situation with cousin. I faxed their details (with their plans) to USCIS, reported her on the USCIS tipline, then faxed details to their airport of entry to all of the people I could find listed online. Admittedly, I didn't have any real proof outside of a few chat messages, but I thought they might ask her more questions. It didn't make any difference; she waltzed on in with the intention of marrying and staying on a B2. (Even more frustrating, the USC husband-to-be's lawyer recommended the course of action (!!!!).

Unfortunately, it is the officer at entry who will decide your cousin's husband's intention. There is nothing more that you can do now that you've informed her.

It's unfair for people to cut the line and makes it rougher on the rest of us doing it legally. 

Thats Exactly what she said her lawyer told her to do as well. So they’re not the first or the last. And yes its cutting and curtailing. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Timeline
22 hours ago, usmsbow said:

I think the reality show profiling CBP's work should be required viewing for anyone entering the US (it's currently available on Netflix). I'm amazed how many people enter this country under false pretenses. A lot of them are Canadian too! With much less to gain than someone from a developing country. Boggles my mind...

I just mention this to another person in this thread. Everyone needs to see that series on Netflix. We can learn a lot from it as well. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Timeline
21 hours ago, gregcrs2 said:

What's the name of the show?

“Border Security:Americas Front Line”. Its a MUST SEE. You’ll binge on it now doubt  but with even more amazing is not stopping people at the port of entry. Its also the amazing job of a scanning and detecting all, and even dangerous, packages that enter our airport from other countries. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Timeline
20 hours ago, Amadia said:

You should tell your relative that what her spouse is planning to do is visa fraud.

Sorry that was a typo. He DOES plan on telling the embassy he got married 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Timeline

So just now I text her told her she should watch Borrder security on Netflix and told  her which specific episode to watch.  Because people need a visual. Hopefully that will shine some light

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 minutes ago, SJordanS said:

“Border Security:Americas Front Line”. Its a MUST SEE. You’ll binge on it now doubt  but with even more amazing is not stopping people at the port of entry. Its also the amazing job of a scanning and detecting all, and even dangerous, packages that enter our airport from other countries. 

One episode that stuck out to me was an elderly woman openly telling the CBP that she was coming in to take care of her grandkids so her son can go back to work. CBP just waved her through.

August 2000: We start e-mailing. I'm in Bosnia, she's in Florida

October 29th 2000: She sends me e-mail asking if I would marry her

October 29th 2000(5 seconds later): I say yes

November 2000: She sends me tickets to Orlando for when I get back

December 6th 2000: Return from Bos

December 11th 2000: Fly to Orlando, she meets me at airport

December 22nd 2000: I fly back to UK

January 3rd 2001: She flies to UK (Good times)

Mid February 2001: Pregnancy test Positive

Mid February 2001: She flies back to US

March 2001: Miscarriage, I fly to US on first flight I can get

May 2001: I leave US before my 90 days are up

June 2001: I fly back to US, stopped at airport for questioning as I had only just left

September 2001: Pregnancy test Positive again

September 2001: She falls sick, I make decision to stay to look after her as I am afraid I may have problems getting back in.

April 16th 2002: Our son is born, we start getting stuff together for his passport

March 6th 2003: We leave US for UK as family

Early April 2003: Family troubles make her return to US, I ask Embassy in London about possibilities of returning to US

April 16th 2003: London Embassy informs me that I will be banned from the Visa Waiver Program for 10 years, my little boys first birthday

June 13th 2006: I-129f sent

August 11th 2006: NOA1 Recieved

After our relationship breaks down she admits to me that she had never bothered to start the application process

26 minutes ago, SJordanS said:

Have you watched “border security: america’s front line” on Netflix? If not youve got to see it. You are spot on after seeing the whole series I have so much more respect for our men and women at our front of the lines.   

Just watched the first episode (in my office, at work, I might add)! Fantastic. I'm gonna binge on this... 

Watch the Australian version. They are on steroids vs the US one.... it’s an island so they really crack down on food etc. watched them pick a guy out because he was sweating, and with reason...

Edited by SusieQQQ

1 hour ago, SJordanS said:

He did not tell the border patrol at the airport he was married when asked why the visit back to USA but said he plans on telling the counselor when he goes for his interview again. Obviously he has to note this on his Ds-160.   I came here because I was curious as to why they both keep insisting it’s OK to be married on this type of business and pleasure B Visa and that he should’ve been let back in had it nor been for a jerk officer according to them.  At least my curiosity is now satiafied. 

Sure it’s ok to be married on a B visa. It’s  not ok to use it to enter with intent to immigrate.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

Watch the Australian version. They are on steroids vs the US one.... it’s an island so they really crack down on food etc. watched them pick a guy out because he was sweating, and with reason...

I love the Australian version, they're so laid back about everything, even the serious stuff.

The U.S. version shows the officers being very stern and by the book.

The U.K. version is more about bureaucracy.

The Australian version? "Two kilos of cocaine in your bag? Not smart mate. No worries, we'll just arrest you, wait for the Feds to get here and you'll go to prison for years. Do you want a drink while we wait?"

August 2000: We start e-mailing. I'm in Bosnia, she's in Florida

October 29th 2000: She sends me e-mail asking if I would marry her

October 29th 2000(5 seconds later): I say yes

November 2000: She sends me tickets to Orlando for when I get back

December 6th 2000: Return from Bos

December 11th 2000: Fly to Orlando, she meets me at airport

December 22nd 2000: I fly back to UK

January 3rd 2001: She flies to UK (Good times)

Mid February 2001: Pregnancy test Positive

Mid February 2001: She flies back to US

March 2001: Miscarriage, I fly to US on first flight I can get

May 2001: I leave US before my 90 days are up

June 2001: I fly back to US, stopped at airport for questioning as I had only just left

September 2001: Pregnancy test Positive again

September 2001: She falls sick, I make decision to stay to look after her as I am afraid I may have problems getting back in.

April 16th 2002: Our son is born, we start getting stuff together for his passport

March 6th 2003: We leave US for UK as family

Early April 2003: Family troubles make her return to US, I ask Embassy in London about possibilities of returning to US

April 16th 2003: London Embassy informs me that I will be banned from the Visa Waiver Program for 10 years, my little boys first birthday

June 13th 2006: I-129f sent

August 11th 2006: NOA1 Recieved

After our relationship breaks down she admits to me that she had never bothered to start the application process

2 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

The NZ one is good, too.

Apparently @MacUK watched a different Australian version than I did.  Nothing laid back about the many episodes I saw, whether it was drugs, people intending to look for work illegally,  or sweet Chinese grannies who didn't realize that they couldn't bring in all this food for their kids.  My take-away from that was never ever neglect to read and follow the rules about what you are and aren't allowed to bring in to Australia. 

1 minute ago, SusieQQQ said:

Apparently @MacUK watched a different Australian version than I did.  Nothing laid back about the many episodes I saw, whether it was drugs, people intending to look for work illegally,  or sweet Chinese grannies who didn't realize that they couldn't bring in all this food for their kids.  My take-away from that was never ever neglect to read and follow the rules about what you are and aren't allowed to bring in to Australia. 

Could it have been the NZ version you watched?  NZ is extremely strict on foods and plants, etc brought in.  

14 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Could it have been the NZ version you watched?  NZ is extremely strict on foods and plants, etc brought in.  

Nope, back in the day in my "old country" Australia was the only one we actually had.  I've never seen any NZ ones. I watched one or two of the US ones but they weren't as good.

I am NOT one of those people who can't tell the difference between Aus and NZ ;) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.