SJordanS

Transfer Embassy due to NO APPOINTMENTS available

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi Everyone, Im wondering if its possible to transfer Embassy's from Amman to Beirut due to the fact that there are NO AVAILABLE K1 fiance interview time slots anywhere in the next few months ahead and Amman Embassy only has 8 slots open per month for K1 which is why we are having this problem. Way too many K1's this year.  I can easily travel with my fiance to Beirut of course if they accept the transfer.  Anyone try this and any luck? 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

10685284_10203853223303551_1747007237_n.jpg

33 minutes ago, SJordanS said:

Hi Everyone, Im wondering if its possible to transfer Embassy's from Amman to Beirut due to the fact that there are NO AVAILABLE K1 fiance interview time slots anywhere in the next few months ahead and Amman Embassy only has 8 slots open per month for K1 which is why we are having this problem. Way too many K1's this year.  I can easily travel with my fiance to Beirut of course if they accept the transfer.  Anyone try this and any luck? 

I don't think they will transfer cases unless the consulate in the beneficiary's home country either closes or discontinues processing applications, or if the beneficiary becomes a legal permanent resident of another country.  Backlog alone would not be a reason.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Think key thing is the beneficiary needs to have a legal status (not just tourism) in the country you are intending to transfer to, can't just transfer to any embassy or a lot of people would be doing it. Also, it could take a month or two just for the transfer. Transfers are generally kind of slow.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

I don't think they will transfer cases unless the consulate in the beneficiary's home country either closes or discontinues processing applications, or if the beneficiary becomes a legal permanent resident of another country.  Backlog alone would not be a reason.

I see. Thank you for that. I did email the other Embassy so most likely they may reply with the same.  :sleepy:

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

10685284_10203853223303551_1747007237_n.jpg

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

based on my experience, you'll need legal resident status in that other country such as work or student visa and it'll take a minimum of 3-4 weeks for the process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.