2,900 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, sandranj said:

I am glad you stopped the circle of abuse. Do not look back. He fell short of God's command,  and I am sure the eternal fire prepared for the devil will make him truly repent, but it's too late,lol. Speak against domestic violence!!!!

Awesome!!! Couldn't possibly add to this! HBD to us August folks @sandranj🌟💫💫🌟💥🌟

6 minutes ago, sandranj said:

Go to the hearing that you will have regarding the restraining order.The Court grants the restraining order and then you have the hearing. She has to prove  why the restraining order should be extended.  YOU MUST attend the hearing ok,  otherwise this can have serious implications in your VAWA case. USCIS does not take into consideration letters from the abuser,  but they  take into consideration a restraining order against you, if extended.

Actually I live in Illinois,  and she filed in Florida,  and the hearing was only 3 business days after the emergency,  it wasn't enough time for me to find a lawyer or gather any evidence. 

However I can file a motion to set aside the default judgment 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, FavouredOne said:

I agreed with your opinion. 

@FeDaniela I was ask to bring my divorce decree to my interview on 8/14 including his birth certificate.

So I agreed with you too!

Edited by FridayGirl@69

Filed: Other Country: Kenya
Timeline
23 hours ago, NeverGiveUp Nov17 said:

Hi Guys!!!

Is there anyone here from CA? who would share their timeline??? :) 

Hi there, I am a Cali filer. 

VAWA filed Oct2017

CAse Approved April 2019

Watin for courtesy letter/and interview date

Filed: Timeline
9 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Go online USCIS infopass website..follow the prompts..when you done..you can print out the appoint schedule...the best time is usually off peak hours..maybe past midnite...

They are phasing out the online infopass scheduling system. Some locations will not let you make infopass appts online anymore! So if you are unable to make an appt online you have to call the 800 number and speak to a rep and let them know you want an infopass appt and they will schedule it for you. 

1 minute ago, Villanelle said:

They are phasing out the online infopass scheduling system. Some locations will not let you make infopass appts online anymore! So if you are unable to make an appt online you have to call the 800 number and speak to a rep and let them know you want an infopass appt and they will schedule it for you. 

Sure I saw that as well but it also says it will take full effect by the end of this fiscal year 2019..perhaps it can be done still at this time...

2 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

Give me the 800 full number pls?

13 hours ago, staypositive said:

That’s strength and perseverance. God bless you. That is a long time and you’re out here thriving and growing. 

Thank you so much!! I give God Almighty ALL the glory. By the time it became horribly bad, it was hard for me to leave as our children were very young and I was pregnant with the youngest, but eventually, I had to leave or lose my life, and I chose to leave. I could write so many books on my life with him, I break down for days every time I think back, and that's why I try not to think or throw pity parties for myself as it will do nothing but bring me down, and I need a good focus of mind and spirit to focus on what's important: our children together, at least everything I went through was not in vain, I have these amazing children who give me so much pride and joy, I thank God for them, and for my family, my friends, wonderful people like yourself and everyone on this forum, I am so appreciative and humbled.

Thank you, God bless you 🙂

8 minutes ago, Sunnyman said:

Give me the 800 full number pls?

Try whichever is best for you..here's the online resource!

How can InfoPass make your life easier?

• It’s free! Scheduling your own appointment costs you nothing.
  • It’s convenient. Go to https://my.uscis.gov/appointment to schedule your appointment online from your home computer, mobile device or the computer at your local public library.

22 hours ago, Ilo said:

Hello guys, it’s been a while, I forgot my password and decided to keep mute😁😁. Congratulations to all the approvals and interview coming up, my call in date is set for 2nd week August 2019 (surprised letter in mail box) no online update. I will go with grace and bring back testimony! April 2017 filler, approved November 2018.

Yessss! Please come back with that GC and a new song of praise for God Almighty and a brand new spring in your step. It IS done in Jesus name. Congratulations in advance 🎉🙌

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline

hello dear ones,thanx fro sharing,i have read alot and found am out of time line.

I applied for VAWA  in Feb 2017 at the time had an interview with my abuser but appeared with my attorney and everything was put on hold till my VAWA approval,I received the primas  ceveral times and 2EADs without anyproblem,in Feb they asked for a document and i sent it immediately,,March i got anotherEAD that i had applied for in  january of which am using till now.

last week while in hospital and still on bed as i write this,i received a call from my attorney that my card has arrived and was like i havent applied for a new card and she said EAD,i dint say much but all this doesnt sound normal to me though have been getting everythin on time,i feel have waited for so long,

anyone with same story,view or advise,

Thanx all,

Edited by carieme
had not finished writing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.