2,900 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Sorry I slept off! So yeah...USCIS wants record for the past 3yrs..prior to filing the petition...they didn't say past 14yrs..so it might not count against you..but then the good part is you have documents showing you've been long pardoned and all...just incase anything comes up! These are my logical thoughts you'll have to ask @sandranj the attorney of repute here! She's a blessing and knows her stuff! Truly one of kind!💕💕💕💕💕💕 I sincerely wish you all the best! Also do not dwell on negativity, what doesn't work for someone else might work for you...don't let anything hold you down or back..reach for the stars!!! 🌟😊👍

I really appreciate that! I am so glad that I found this online community. Friends and family and outsiders who do not understand can be so negative and unsupportive especially when you need the most support during a very difficult time such as this. Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. I needed that. God bless you!

2 minutes ago, Sharig said:

I really appreciate that! I am so glad that I found this online community. Friends and family and outsiders who do not understand can be so negative and unsupportive especially when you need the most support during a very difficult time such as this. Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. I needed that. God bless you!

You're welcome dear! This is an amazing community! Stick around, it's worth it!👍😊

Filed: Other Country: Kenya
Timeline
4 hours ago, NICOLA2017 said:

Gm every one ...is anyone here from NYC that have I360 approved and awaiting I485 date ? My case was approved dec 2018 ...i get emails 2 or 3 times weekly about no updates....

we are kinda on Same boat... i get those updates every two weeks about we last took action on your case so so date but no updates too about my case transferred. Mine was approved in April 2019 tho

Filed: Other Country: Kenya
Timeline
4 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

You see why it's different with each person? I was not asked for all my address that far back! Just standard 3yrs prior...which is typical of USCIS!

LOL at officers and recap. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
2 hours ago, Optimistic1986 said:

Hi, from NYC too but I filed on Sept. 2018. When did you file? 

Hi! I'm from NYC to and file in November 2018. Still long for us right? 

15 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Nothing renews automatically my dear, but from what you said..it's a combo card so I believe it will come with both EAD and AP! They're not gonna seperate it now..only renewing the card which happens to be a combo! Thats what I think but of course I'm no attorney..hear from Sandra and other folks who have had the experience!😊👍

Thanks a lot @Stillwinning

4 hours ago, Goyo said:

Hey, I was approved in August got medical letter  in october and no updates so far. @sandranj said it could take up to 2 years. It’s a long wait for NYC. 

Maybe 2 years from reciept date ? Could never be from Approval ...😔

15 hours ago, Sharig said:

Congratulations!!!! Thank you so much for sharing. I have a concern for my own case. I am from Canada and I have a record there but I have received a pardon in which my record is sealed. US does not recognize the pardon so I am concerned they will also ask a RFE for good moral character. I am thinking to include as much info regarding my charges that were 14 years ago. Did you have a record in Jamaica? is that why they asked for RFE and also what did you include to show "good moral character"? Thank you so much. Your post really helped me a lot. Also I see you did not receive your EAD until April of this year! But you send everything to uscis in jan of 2018. Did it take that long because they wanted more information first?

Hey! Sorry to hear that. I did not have a record in Jamaica. Therefore all I used to prove good moral character was a police clearance from Jamaica showing that my record there is clean. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
13 hours ago, Sharig said:

Ok Thank you! That is what I am thinking too. Do you think if I add everything in the initial application it will suffice? I want to send them as much info so I do not get RFE. Court docs from Canada, arrest report, letter from pardons, police clearance, affidavit from people who know me. It was a few thefts 14 yrs ago. I ave grown so much since then

I would send it. Put in ur personal affidavit how u have changed since then, etc.   

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
50 minutes ago, NICOLA2017 said:

Maybe 2 years from reciept date ? Could never be from Approval ...😔

Sandraj told us that your AOS clock does not start until your VAWA has been approved and AOS transferred to NBC who will process it and sent it to the local office. So most likely it can take that long. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.