Step29

EXPEDITE REQUEST AT UCSIS-CR1 Filers

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Roel said:

Pretty sure god isnt working for USCIS.

So are you planning to be his spouse or caregiver? I mean sounds like he might need help 24/7 but I'm sure you'll need a job also. After all no one can survive on 900$ a month. Hope you have a joint sponsor too. 

I know that but nothing is impossible if you will pray for him. That if u beliv there is God..

I am already his spouse since we are married already and i can be his caregiver at the same time.. That is my role as a spouse. when this will be approved, we will be needing a joint sponsor too.

But for now, i am trying the possibilities to get our case expedited.

2 minutes ago, Step29 said:

I know that but nothing is impossible if you will pray for him. That if u beliv there is God..

I am already his spouse since we are married already and i can be his caregiver at the same time.. That is my role as a spouse. when this will be approved, we will be needing a joint sponsor too.

Good luck to you.  I hope that works out but the questions here are the same questions USCIS will have.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Mieka91 said:

I would definitely try to expedite it. The thing is, it cannot hurt your case. A lot of people treat expediting like you are cutting in line-I wouldn’t listen to that so much. The worst they can say is no

Thats right..at least we try our best and its upto the officer who will review the case if he/she will approved it or not. but at least we tried.. theres no harm in trying..

i respect others opinion here. I just posted so I hear some others who have tried to expedite their case.. it is really hard to be far away from your loved ones.

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

Good luck to you.  I hope that works out but the questions here are the same questions USCIS will have.  

Thank you.. I am not losing any hope at all..

Just now, Step29 said:

Thank you.. I am not losing any hope at all..

ALWAYS keep the faith.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 hour ago, Step29 said:

Thats why I am confused of how we can get things done as soonest as possible. He is in the hospital now so he is taken cared off by the nurses but when he is discharged he will be alone again in his home.

I really stuck on what to do to help him... I prayed that hopefully there can be a miracle and requesting to get it expedite is the only way if approved. theres no harm in trying.

Hospitals have discharge planning teams, which includes social workers.  They don't typically discharge people to home unless it is felt that they are safe and capable of self-care.

In the US, if someone requires caregiving at home, there are agencies they can use to hire a nursing assistant.  

13 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

They don't typically discharge people to home unless it is felt that they are safe and capable of self-care.

That is the stated process, although I've been reading some recent studies where patients were regularly being discharged literally right as their Medicare copays kicked in. The implication is patients being discharged early for financial reasons and/or patients being held on to longer than necessary.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

7 minutes ago, geowrian said:

That is the stated process, although I've been reading some recent studies where patients were regularly being discharged literally right as their Medicare copays kicked in. The implication is patients being discharged early for financial reasons and/or patients being held on to longer than necessary.

I'm sure that happens too.  The docs I work with have to jump through all types of hoops to justify admissions (even for oncology patients) in terms of coding, peer audits etc.  Medicare reform has corrected some of the billing abuses, but there is still much room for improvement.

I really hate that insurance/financial reasons can impact clinical decisions!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I expedited a case for medical reasons. I called and explained the situation and reason I was requesting expedition. I then rec’d an email that requested additional info. I submitted my discharge papers from the hospital proving my hospitalization/ condition. I also had to get a letter from my doctor saying it was an acute condition and not chronic or a change in previous condition. My doctor had to write describe what was wrong with me and that it wasn’t safe for me to fly back and forth and I need assistance with aftercare. It took about a week and a half(I think they tell you 2 weeks) and I called to check the status. They said request for expedition approved on___and I’d get the Letter in the mail.

Edited by Yani08

2 hours ago, Roel said:

Pretty sure god isnt working for USCIS.

So are you planning to be his spouse or caregiver? I mean sounds like he might need help 24/7 but I'm sure you'll need a job also. After all no one can survive on 900$ a month. Hope you have a joint sponsor too. 

Being a spouse also means to take care of the person you love.  And if praying to God would make him feel better with what he's going through, nothing wrong with that. :) 

2 hours ago, Step29 said:

I can imagine what you’re going through. Good luck, i hope you get approved. ☺️🙏🏼

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

No real downside in seeking an expedite, go for it.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.