Jump to content
ariesyah

Should I request for US Embassy to expedite my K1 Visa processing?

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi all

 

My K1 application is at the stage where the ceac status says "READY" and I have checked with the US Embassy in Singapore and apparently they have received the case but I have not received my Packet 3 yet (it's been 10 days since they have received the case from NVC). However, I have already completed the DS-160 online and paid the MRV fee. I am hoping to get the interview done within the next few weeks and get my passport as well because I will be starting grad school in the US on the 1st of July! (It is 1 June today). My question is: will there be any repercussions if I were to drop the US embassy in Singapore an email asking if they could expedite my visa processing because I am really hoping to be able to start school this year? Missing the start of the first week of school would mean that I have to postpone my studies to July 2020!!! :(

 

Also, I read that I should not have done my DS 160 and paid the fees before I receive Packet 3 but I've done both of that- what does this mean? 

 

Thank you for any help/advice!

 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no harm in asking for an expedite.

The reason stated doesn't jump out as something likely for approval (they work based on their priorities, not yours), but you won't know the answer unless you try.

 

I'll defer to others on the DS-160 timing...that varies by consulate.


Timelines:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago

9/27/17: received by USCIS

10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received

10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received

10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update)

1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed

1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received

1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice

10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice

10/25/18: Formal approval

10/31/18: Green card received

 

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/17: sent

12/14/17: NOA1 hard copy received

3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification)

3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved!

3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

 

NVC

4/6/2017: Received

4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy

4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy

4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

 

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a reason for expedite. School was your choice and USCIS doesn't really care when you start it, planning it without Visa in hand is poor planning on your choice. 


K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ariesyah said:

Hi all

 

My K1 application is at the stage where the ceac status says "READY" and I have checked with the US Embassy in Singapore and apparently they have received the case but I have not received my Packet 3 yet (it's been 10 days since they have received the case from NVC). However, I have already completed the DS-160 online and paid the MRV fee. I am hoping to get the interview done within the next few weeks and get my passport as well because I will be starting grad school in the US on the 1st of July! (It is 1 June today). My question is: will there be any repercussions if I were to drop the US embassy in Singapore an email asking if they could expedite my visa processing because I am really hoping to be able to start school this year? Missing the start of the first week of school would mean that I have to postpone my studies to July 2020!!! :(

 

Also, I read that I should not have done my DS 160 and paid the fees before I receive Packet 3 but I've done both of that- what does this mean? 

 

Thank you for any help/advice!

 

Cheers

It doesn't cost you anything to apply to have your case expedited so go ahead and ask. 

 

Your embassy's P3 states to complete the DS-160,  pay the mrv fee, gather all the documents and contact the embassy when ready and they will schedule your interview date.

 

Visa Instructions for K1 Singapore
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YpZUQHtUZZttVK_45a14mXWizl4rIlDz/view?usp=sharing

 

A thread created for the process for Singapore
https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/698561-singapore-pr-malaysian-k1-process-coc-vaccinations-packet-3/
 


Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Roel said:

Not a reason for expedite. School was your choice and USCIS doesn't really care when you start it, planning it without Visa in hand is poor planning on your choice. 

Why do you blame the uscis?  She is talking about the consulate interview 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Why do you blame the uscis?  She is talking about the consulate interview 

Ok..

*consulate doesn't care 


K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...