Y & J

Singapore PR (Malaysian) K1 Process (COC, Vaccinations, Packet 3)

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi All, since there isn't a lot of threads i can find here for Singapore Applicants, let me share my experiences here. I will try to recap and list down whatever i could remember:

Below is my timeline and experiences:

07/14/2018: NOA1 mailed

07/16/2018: NOA1 Receive Date

07/19/2018: NOA1 Notice Date

12/11/2018: NOA2 Notice Date

Received NOA2 by postal mail. Both new and old USCIS website have no updates even until today. I have deleted the apps, website bookmark since they are not updated and do the tracking at all 

01/04/2019: First Call to NVC

First call to NVC after 24 days from NOA2 and they said to wait 30 days before contacting NVC

01/11/2019: Case Number assigned after second call to NVC

Another tried after 7 days from first call. Case number has been assigned and Invoice ID (never used this for any purpose) has been provided.

Case Number is a series of number started with 3 alphabets followed by 10 digits. For my case it starts with "SGP" stands for Singapore. If not mistaken, the last 3 digits was the sequence of case assigned on that day

01/18/2019: Vaccinations

I have went through the forum and couldn't really get the best answer for the vaccinations list.

From what i have read on https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/hcp/imz/adult.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fvaccines%2Fschedules%2Feasy-to-read%2Fadult-easyread.html, i can confirm some of the vaccines i needed before i get the list from Consulate. So i have decided to get vaccines at Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH) which they charged cheaper compared with Fullerton Healthcare. I didn't make any appointment, walked in to TTSH on 9am. The department for vaccination is "Travellers' Health & Vaccination Clinic" at Level 4. After register using the machine (with the help of staff), one of the nurse will ask you to enter the room for consultation. I didn't show any letter since i don't have one. But i briefly told her i need the vaccines for US Immigrant Visa. I don't have any vaccinations history at all with me, so after the consultation i had vaccines for (1) Tdap (Boostrix) (only last for 10 years so even i had that when i was 1-2 years old i need 1 dose every 10 years), (2) Influenza, (3) MMR (I wasn't sure if i had that before. Nurse was planning to do blood test for MMR but it costs more for blood test than vaccines itself. The nurse suggested to directly take the vaccine since overdose brings no harm), (4) Blood test for Varicella. The whole process was pleasant, smooth and fast. It took 20-30 minutes only. Charges: Nurse assessment SG$15, MMR SG$29, Boostrix SG$40, Influenza SG$26.05, Blood test for Varicella SG$40.55. Total SG$150.60

The result for (4) Varicella was sent to my email 1 week after the blood test which i have immunity and no need vaccination. 

*Please take note that some of the vaccinations cannot combine with others and second dose needs 1 month interval. So it is advisable to plan vaccinations ahead 

01/22/2019: Case left NVC

From what i have read here, cases leave NVC on every alternate Tuesday-Wednesday (with exceptional case for China applicants...not too sure about the rest)

So if you are not able to track using below DHL link, it would be most likely they haven't send your case and you have to wait for another 2 weeks

01/28/2019: Case received by Consulate, SG

Tracking website: http://www.dhl.com/en/express/tracking/shippers_reference.html

Under Tracking > Track by Shipper's Reference > Key in "EXP dd mmm yyyyA" > Choose date range From and To > Choose Shipment Destination

image.png.23d25b3a505a31a336453c4e4cf59994.png

02/08/2019: Email to Consulate, SG

First email to Singapore Consulate to ask about my case status whether they receive. The Email Address = SINGAPORECON@state.gov

02/12/2019: Reply from Consulate, SG

Replied: We will be forwarding the applicant packet to you by postal mail shortly. We are sorry for the delay.

02/18/2019: Received Packet 3

(1) Cover Letter 1 page Cover Letter_20190218_Upload.pdf

(2) Visa Instructions 2 pages Visa Instructions for Fiance Visa_20190218.pdf

(3) Letter to be replied 1 page Acknowledgment Letter to Reply_20190218.pdf

(4) Letter to apply COC 1 page Letter for COC_20190218.pdf

(5) Letter for medical examination 2 pages Letter for Medical Exam and Vaccinations_20190218.pdf

(6) Form I-134 Instructions 6 pages (this is the same as online form, not enclosed here)

(7) Form I-134 8 pages (this is the same as online form, not enclosed here)

(8) Brochure for Domestic Violence 3 pages Brochure for Domestic Violence_20190218.pdf

(9) Form I-129F 13 pages (this is the form which i have submitted on 7/14/2018. They have assigned A-Number, Chopped with "Approved" stamp and photocopy back to me, not enclosed here)

For details of checklists, vaccinations list, and I-134 supporting documents, please refer to pdf file. i will continue to share more in future

Current status as of 2/19/2019: Preparing documents

----------------------- To be continued --------------------------------

Edited by JunYun

I'd like to add one item to your list and that is be sure to have receipt/records to produce during your medical exam so they can transpose the vaccination results to a form referred to as the DS-3025 which you will need for filing your AOS once you arrive in USA. I've attached a link to an example of the DS-3025 here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ES7bi8e9wBXztlyDZvcik8HM_IM5B0H9/view?usp=sharing

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 2/19/2019 at 10:10 PM, Greenbaum said:

I'd like to add one item to your list and that is be sure to have receipt/records to produce during your medical exam so they can transpose the vaccination results to a form referred to as the DS-3025 which you will need for filing your AOS once you arrive in USA. I've attached a link to an example of the DS-3025 here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ES7bi8e9wBXztlyDZvcik8HM_IM5B0H9/view?usp=sharing

i have just done my medical screening. i asked for ds3025 and the staff told me i have to email them to request. do i have to attach empty form or directly email will do?

Timeline

-------------------- Continue about Medical Examination -----------------------

03/01/2019: Medical Examination at Fullerton on 3/1 10:00am

Let me share more about medical screening:

Before Medical Examination: I called to Fullerton to make appt in Jan and got the earliest slot on 2/8. But then my packet 3 wasn't arrive in time so i have to reschedule. Called to Fullerton again on 2/7 to reschedule and the next available slot is already after 1 month which is 3/7. I have tried my luck to call Fullerton to ask for any cancellation from others or earlier slots and they put me to 3/1. 

Advice: Once you confirmed your case is in between <at NVC> -- <In Transit>, you can start to call Fullerton as the next available slot could be after 3-4 weeks

03/01/2019: 09:15am

arrived at Fullerton (it is located at Ngee Ann Tower B. The elevator is near to "Sincere" watch shop), wrote my name on the list and waited with no next information. Lucky i have read through the forum before and understand the procedure.

Advice: Arrive as early as possible even before your appointment time. They based on first come first serve.

03/01/2019: 09:50am

Finally my name was called after 30-40mins. Front counter took away my passport, 4 copies of passport-size photos which we need to sign on the white background of all 4 photos (upper left or right corner on top of head), Fullerton registration form, and embassy letter with case number. 

*the staff was not able to find my appt details and asked if i have make appt and reply the email. i told them i did and i wasn't sure if they find it anyway they proceed. 

Advice: Remember to bcc your own email when you reply to the clinic for proof, and prepare photocopies for documents to reduce the time

03/01/2019: 10:00am

Returned my passport, gave me a queue no, and asked me to collect urine

Advice: Drink more water in the morning before you go

03/01/2019: 10:10am

Asked to enter room 06, the male nurse asked about my vaccination record. I bring along my yellow book and document from TTSH and even prepared photocopies for all my documents. The process was fast and they just collect blood since no vaccines needed. In short, applicants at my age (30-40yo) only need MMR 1 dose, Tdap, Influenza, and Varicella. Details regarding vaccinations please refer to my 1st post.

Advice: Get vaccines way earlier before screening date (i think one can start to get it after NOA2). And again prepare photocopies for documents is always good

03/01/2019: 10:35am

Entered another room, measured heaight and weight, took eyesight and eye-blindness test, and waited outside x-ray room

03/01/2019: 10:45am

Entered x-ray room, updated the staff about last menstrual cycle, signed on the paper to confirm not pregnant, changed my clothes and done x-ray

Advice: Try to wear top + pant, not one-piece dress. The x-ray clothes prepared by Fullerton is a short top only

03/01/2019: 10:50am

Informed front counter x-ray was done and asked to enter room 02 for regular health check. Doctor went through questions about health conditions, measured body temperature, blood pressure, and some regular body check up

03/01/2019: 10:55am

Informed front counter all done and waited for payment

03/01/2019: 11:10am

Payment done. I have to pay a total of SG$342.40 (Investigation SG$135, Medical Examination SG$150, X-ray SG$35, GST 7%). I was asked to wait for a while to get my x-ray CD on the spot too. The staff told me the delivery to US Embassy takes 10 working days. but based on my reading on forum, i will call to Fullerton again to make sure they have send out before my interview

*Questions related to DS3025: I have checked with the staff and they told me i have to email them to request for DS-3025. 

Overall experience was smooth (part of it cause i was well prepared and went through forum before). It took me 2 hours.

-------------------- To be Continued -----------------------

Edited by Y & J

10 hours ago, Y & J said:

i have just done my medical screening. i asked for ds3025 and the staff told me i have to email them to request. do i have to attach empty form or directly email will do?

Normally, the DS-3025 is a document that is included in your medical records which you will receive in your do not open envelope with your passport/visa. There is no way of verifying that you will be getting one, one would hope so, but I would ask at your interview as the CO will have had access to your medical exam. If you wanted the medical facility to complete one then you can send them a blank DS-3025.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

• 4 months later...
Timeline

Hi everyone! I have a few questions and I am very sorry if this has been asked many times before but I cant seem to find the best answer for this. I am waiting for my case to be transferred to the US embassy in Singapore and I am preparing all the documents for the interview. For the I-134 form, I understand that I need to gather my US citizen fiance's information but I saw from other sources that we need to prepare supporting documents (my fiance's documents) as per below
1. Bank statement (latest 3 months)
2. Tax returns (latest 3 years)

3. W2 form

4. Employment verification

My question is: are these correct? do I need to gather my own set of documents too or just from my fiance? anything else that I need to prepare for the evidence of support. Thank you so much in advance for anyone who could help.

1 minute ago, Hayley Ng said:

Sorry @Greenbaum, can you please lead me to document I could read or any where I can find this information? Thank you so much for helping 

Im not entirely sure what you are looking for but my guess is the instructions for the interview. 

Here is a list of things to do that will help you along the way. When you get your P3 letter the combine that with this information. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EEVpQlEvMr5vGoV_pqKBVM1dENnWnNEr/view?usp=sharing

Acknowledgement Letter
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iNEw8W0RnzT5w1cLvOC0RtakpdZID1BO/view?usp=sharing

Letter for COC
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15C7Cyq9jJ8PP1Kz2tfUPgB7XrntbwENa/view?usp=sharing

Letter for Medical Exam
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nY62EEl6y9w_VjunPeM8oavwxHwT2vvs/view?usp=sharing

Singapore P3 Letter
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BYp_IYUT3616IZSUTLCYOzarSsUWLusc/view?usp=sharing

Visa Instructions for K1 Singapore
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YpZUQHtUZZttVK_45a14mXWizl4rIlDz/view?usp=sharing

A thread created for the process for Singapore
https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/698561-singapore-pr-malaysian-k1-process-coc-vaccinations-packet-3/

Here is another post you would be interested in.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/698561-singapore-pr-malaysian-k1-process-coc-vaccinations-packet-3/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
21 hours ago, Hayley Ng said:

Hi everyone! I have a few questions and I am very sorry if this has been asked many times before but I cant seem to find the best answer for this. I am waiting for my case to be transferred to the US embassy in Singapore and I am preparing all the documents for the interview. For the I-134 form, I understand that I need to gather my US citizen fiance's information but I saw from other sources that we need to prepare supporting documents (my fiance's documents) as per below

3. W2 form

My question is: are these correct? do I need to gather my own set of documents too or just from my fiance? anything else that I need to prepare for the evidence of support. Thank you so much in advance for anyone who could help.

Hi, sorry that I was busy and stopped updating...basically below are the document lists to support I-134:

(1) Employment Letter

(2) Pay Stub (I only prepared 1 month)

(3) W-2 (I prepared 2 years)

(4) Tax Transcript (I only prepared 1 year)

(5) Mortgage Statement (Optional)

(6) Bank Statement

Timeline
21 hours ago, Hayley Ng said:

3. W2 form

Sorry @Greenbaum as I should tagged you in this. But I see that Y & J has replied. Thank you so much

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Y & J said:

Hi, sorry that I was busy and stopped updating...basically below are the document lists to support I-134:

(1) Employment Letter

(2) Pay Stub (I only prepared 1 month)

(3) W-2 (I prepared 2 years)

(4) Tax Transcript (I only prepared 1 year)

(5) Mortgage Statement (Optional)

(6) Bank Statement

@Y & J thank you for your reply. And do I need to get these documents for both petitioner and beneficiary? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Hayley Ng said:

@Y & J thank you for your reply. And do I need to get these documents for both petitioner and beneficiary? 

i only prepared for petitioner, not beneficiary. but for my side i prepared a long list of documents too. let me find out the list and share with you

Timeline
DS-160 x
PAYMENT INVOICE x
CHECKLIST SIGNED x
BIRTH CERT
BIRTH CERT TRANSLATION
COC (SIN & MAL)
I-134
EMPLOYMENT LETTER
PAY STUB (FEB) x
PAY STUB (FEB) x
W-2 (2018 & 2017)
TAX TRANSCRIPT (2017)
MORTGAGE STATEMENT (2019)
BANK STATEMENT (SAVINGS) x
BANK STATEMENT (CHECKING) x
LETTER OF INTENT - BENEFICIARY
LETTER OF INTENT - PETITIONER
P3 RECEIVE LETTER W CASE #
BROCHURE:DOMESTIC VIOLENCE x
I-797C (NOA1)
I-797 (NOA2)
I-129F (RECEIVED FROM P3) x
I-129F (FIRST APPLICATION)    
K1-FTP

Timeline
On 7/9/2019 at 10:06 AM, Y & J said:
DS-160 x
PAYMENT INVOICE x
CHECKLIST SIGNED x
BIRTH CERT
BIRTH CERT TRANSLATION
COC (SIN & MAL)
I-134
EMPLOYMENT LETTER
PAY STUB (FEB) x
PAY STUB (FEB) x
W-2 (2018 & 2017)
TAX TRANSCRIPT (2017)
MORTGAGE STATEMENT (2019)
BANK STATEMENT (SAVINGS) x
BANK STATEMENT (CHECKING) x
LETTER OF INTENT - BENEFICIARY
LETTER OF INTENT - PETITIONER
P3 RECEIVE LETTER W CASE #
BROCHURE:DOMESTIC VIOLENCE x
I-797C (NOA1)
I-797 (NOA2)
I-129F (RECEIVED FROM P3) x
I-129F (FIRST APPLICATION)    
K1-FTP

Hi @Y & J, sorry but I have a question. I have just finished my DS160 form and based on information from the https://travel.state.gov/ website, fees are charged for the following services: 

1. Filing an Alien Fiancé(e) Petition, Form I-129F

2. Nonimmigrant visa application processing fee, Form DS-160 (required for each K visa applicant)

3. Medical examination (required for each K visa applicant; costs vary from post to post)

4. Other costs may include translation and photocopying charges, fees for getting the documents required for the visa application (such as passport, police certificates, birth certificates, etc.), and travel expenses to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate for an interview. Costs vary from country to country and case to case.

5. Filing Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Can I ask for number 2, where do I need to go and pay this fee? After I finished the form I dont see any part that asks me to pay the fee so I am confused here. Thank you so much in advance

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Hayley Ng said:

Hi @Y & J, sorry but I have a question. I have just finished my DS160 form and based on information from the https://travel.state.gov/ website, fees are charged for the following services: 

1. Filing an Alien Fiancé(e) Petition, Form I-129F

2. Nonimmigrant visa application processing fee, Form DS-160 (required for each K visa applicant)

3. Medical examination (required for each K visa applicant; costs vary from post to post)

4. Other costs may include translation and photocopying charges, fees for getting the documents required for the visa application (such as passport, police certificates, birth certificates, etc.), and travel expenses to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate for an interview. Costs vary from country to country and case to case.

5. Filing Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Can I ask for number 2, where do I need to go and pay this fee? After I finished the form I dont see any part that asks me to pay the fee so I am confused here. Thank you so much in advance

for DS160 i paid using Online Sam Machine last time. Then printed out the receipt from there

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.