dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview July 2019

1,447 posts in this topic

My DS-260 was filled by my petioner’s Lawyer, I have been refused a visa before but the Lawyer didn’t know so she ticked ‘no’. I later saw it and informed him and he says I shouldn’t worry but tell the CO about it at the interview because the DS-260 is locked and can’t be edited .

anyone had a similar situation? Or an idea to offer me ?

thank you

8 minutes ago, kelvinla589 said:

My DS-260 was filled by my petioner’s Lawyer, I have been refused a visa before but the Lawyer didn’t know so she ticked ‘no’. I later saw it and informed him and he says I shouldn’t worry but tell the CO about it at the interview because the DS-260 is locked and can’t be edited .

thank you

I’m not too sure because usually even when a third party fills out an application it helps that the applicant would be present in order to ensure that the information submitted is current and factual. But let’s hope for the best and take his advice, he may have encountered this situation before. There’s no sense in panicking or worrying too much, just be clear and honest at the interview. 

Good luck! 👍🏽 

10 minutes ago, kelvinla589 said:

thank you

I would call NVC and notify them first...cuz it could result in an denial...minor mistake like name spell wrong or city not right won’t Make big issue but lying on visa application about past visa refusal will have serious consequences...so don’t go on lawyers words and get it to bottom of it...

1 minute ago, GodsPlan said:

I’m not too sure because usually even when a third party fills out an application it helps that the applicant would be present in order to ensure that the information submitted is current and factual. But let’s hope for the best and take his advice, he may have encountered this situation before. There’s no sense in panicking or worrying too much, just be clear and honest at the interview. 

Good luck! 👍🏽 

Thank you very much . I couldn’t be present because the lawyer is in the USA

3 minutes ago, The Rock ll said:

I would call NVC and notify them first...cuz it could result in an denial...minor mistake like name spell wrong or city not right won’t Make big issue but lying on visa application about past visa refusal will have serious consequences...so don’t go on lawyers words and get it to bottom of it...

Thank you , NVC can’t do anything about it , once you submit the form you can’t edit or submit another but the lawyer also made mention of the consul re opening the form for us but also added that I do not worry and just be honest at the interview and tell them the lawyer didn’t know about it before filling the DS 260

i would never lie on my form ,this is a clear mistake but I think I would email the embassy for further information 

3 minutes ago, kelvinla589 said:

Thank you , NVC can’t do anything about it , once you submit the form you can’t edit or submit another but the lawyer also made mention of the consul re opening the form for us but also added that I do not worry and just be honest at the interview and tell them the lawyer didn’t know about it before filling the DS 260

i would never lie on my form ,this is a clear mistake but I think I would email the embassy for further information 

NVC can leave an note in application for CO to see that it was notified of that mistake...you can tell CO of this mistake on the day of your interview but sometimes CO reviews your files a day or two earlier and makes decisions based on your file...you just have to cover your bases and be on the front foot with immigration ..good luck..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everyone, anyone who had their interview in Islamabad, Pakistan this month or in may how did it go ? if you were approved how long it took you to get your passport back and how did they contact you to pick up your passport.

thanks

6 minutes ago, The Rock ll said:

NVC can leave an note in application for CO to see that it was notified of that mistake...you can tell CO of this mistake on the day of your interview but sometimes CO reviews your files a day or two earlier and makes decisions based on your file...you just have to cover your bases and be on the front foot with immigration ..good luck..

Thank you very much for this information, I will email the embassy as well , I tried calling nvc but I’m not being able to reach them , I will send them and E-mail too , I think that would help .thank you once again

2 minutes ago, kelvinla589 said:

Thank you very much for this information, I will email the embassy as well , I tried calling nvc but I’m not being able to reach them , I will send them and E-mail too , I think that would help .thank you once again

If u wannaget hold of NVC...call rite at 9 am when they open...wait time is less ..email takes few weeks to even get an response..

Okay so my husband and I got what you might describe as an "Arranged Marriage".  Which these days, is more like an "Arranged introduction with a recommendation from family members". 

We met once with our families and agreed to get married. My parents were actually against it and kinda wanted me to say No.  Thus, as you can see, we both had the Final Say, even though our families were present and made recommendations.

This is common amongst people in my country, and i'm sure its common in other countries and for some of you reading this as well.

But i'm just wondering what my husband should say if his interviewers ask him: 

"When did you first start to love your husband?"

or perhaps he might even get a more rude interviewer who asks "How could you possibly marry someone after meeting them just once?". 

Any advice for how he should answer such questions?

Edited by tablepencil

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
23 minutes ago, DDP&JDP said:

Still nothing from MUM embassy. We just passed a 6 week waiting period for IL. Next week is 4th of July so I doubt we will hear anything then either. So it looks like at this time average wait time is 8 weeks. 

Same with Montreal Canada. Late April CC and May CCs got nothing this month. So I’m guessing mine will be September or October now coz my CC is June 3. Idk what’s wrong with majority of embassies? No IL  for our category this month. There is also one person with January CC CR1/IR1 and no IL till now. 😐

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.