Sammy0207

K1 a little help

12 posts in this topic

Hello, how's everyone? 

So, I have one question for now. 

I'm madly in love, stressed and so is my future wife. We've been together for 5 years, saw each other couple of times. How time was passing by we made a choice to get married. We want to start our process to get K1 visa. There is only one thing I have to ask people on this forum. 

I'm a foreigner who has an uncle in the USA. Is he going to be able to sponsor our visa?

Thank you for reading and hopefully giving an answer.   

As long as he is green card holder or US citizen he can be joint sponsor.  He won't "sponsor" your Visa. Your US fiancee is the main sponsor no matter what. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

7 minutes ago, Roel said:

As long as he is green card holder or US citizen he can be joint sponsor.  He won't "sponsor" your Visa. Your US fiancee is the main sponsor no matter what. 

He is an US citizen. I'm asking because my girlfriend is not working for any company. She is going in to the college and working as a singer for couple of churches and doesn't get paid much. We asked her dad and he said he will only do it if everything else fails.  My uncle would love to help me and has the means to do it. 

Edited by Sammy0207

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

During the interview phase of this process, the US petitioner (primary sponsor) must complete/submit necessary paperwork the I-134 to meet the financial requirements of the K1 visa  The US petitioner is always the primary sponsor and must complete a I-134. If a co-sponsor (secondary sponsor) is necessary, they will also need to complete and submit a I-134 with accompanying documentation. Refer to the I-134 for details: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-134instr.pdf

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

9 minutes ago, Pitaya (火龙果) said:

During the interview phase of this process, the US petitioner (primary sponsor) must complete/submit necessary paperwork the I-134 to meet the financial requirements of the K1 visa  The US petitioner is always the primary sponsor and must complete a I-134. If a co-sponsor (secondary sponsor) is necessary, they will also need to complete and submit a I-134 with accompanying documentation. Refer to the I-134 for details: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-134instr.pdf

Good luck on your immigration journey.

I'm sorry for asking but let's juay say it like this. She makes like 16k a year, lives with her parents right now and goes to college. If my uncle sponsors too and give us a house to stay in. Should we be worried about that or should we be fine? That is the only doubt we have and don't understand.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Take look at the form I-134: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-134.pdf , review the VJ tips on USCIS Affidavits of Support: https://www.visajourney.com/content/support , review the USCIS Poverty Guidelines: https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p.

Take a copy of the I-134 and plug in your numbers, that should easily tell you where you are with regards to support level.   At first glance with her income level alone, you won't qualify. Maybe other members can respond with different opinions. I would suggest that you pursue getting a co-sponsor.

YMMV

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
11 hours ago, Sammy0207 said:

Hello, how's everyone? 

So, I have one question for now. 

I'm madly in love, stressed and so is my future wife. We've been together for 5 years, saw each other couple of times. How time was passing by we made a choice to get married. We want to start our process to get K1 visa. There is only one thing I have to ask people on this forum. 

I'm a foreigner who has an uncle in the USA. Is he going to be able to sponsor our visa?

Thank you for reading and hopefully giving an answer.   

Any US Citizen or LPR can be a cosponsor. But first your fiancee who must be US Citizen needs to kick off the process by filing I-129F. You do not need a cosponsor for that step, that won't come into picture until months later after her I-129F petition is hopefully approved. Then her, and co-sponsor will need to file form I-134 and you will take form and supporting evidence with you to the interview at US Embassy. 

6 hours ago, Shiran said:

Any US Citizen or LPR can be a cosponsor. But first your fiancee who must be US Citizen needs to kick off the process by filing I-129F. You do not need a cosponsor for that step, that won't come into picture until months later after her I-129F petition is hopefully approved. Then her, and co-sponsor will need to file form I-134 and you will take form and supporting evidence with you to the interview at US Embassy. 

So you're telling us if our relationship is true and I-129F passes we don't have a single reason to be worried ?  We just needed someone to confirm us that. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sammy0207 said:

So you're telling us if our relationship is true and I-129F passes we don't have a single reason to be worried ?  We just needed someone to confirm us that. 

No, I am saying you do not need a cosponsor to file I-129F and for it to get approved. Which is about 3-4 months process at the current USCIS processing speed - no promises it will stay as speedy. You will need I-134 once you have to attend the interview, assuming your local embassy requires is (Most do)

4 minutes ago, Shiran said:

No, I am saying you do not need a cosponsor to file I-129F and for it to get approved. Which is about 3-4 months process at the current USCIS processing speed - no promises it will stay as speedy. You will need I-134 once you have to attend the interview, assuming your local embassy requires is (Most do)

Oh, ok thank you very much. We will read more and try to figure things out we hope. 

2 hours ago, Sammy0207 said:

Oh, ok thank you very much. We will read more and try to figure things out we hope. 

Now we understand thank you very much. I hope my uncle sponsoring me and joining with my fiancee is going to end in our favour. Thanks everyone and God bless y'all. If we have more questions this is a good place to come and ask. Thanks again!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.