Boiler

Students walk out of Colorado school shooting vigil, saying their trauma was being politicized

39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/05/09/colorado-school-shooting-vigil-students-walk-out-protest/1150282001/

HIGHLANDS RANCH, Colo. – Students who survived Tuesday's suburban Denver school shooting walked out of a gun-control rally Wednesday night in anger and tears over concerns the event inappropriately politicized their grief.

While primarily billed as a vigil to honor high school shooting victim Kendrick Castillo, most of the speakers at the 2,000-person rally were politicians and gun-control advocates pushing Congress to change the nation's gun laws.

After about 30 minutes, hundreds of students from the STEM School stormed out yelling "this is not for us!", "political stunt" and "we are people, not a statement."

Outside, the traumatized shooting survivors thrust lighted cell phones into the air and chanted "mental health, mental health," as their hands and voices shook in the cold rain. Angry students pushed and screamed at journalists, demanding to see photos they had been taken.

Many students appeared unaware the event was organized by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. Sen. Michael Bennet and Rep. Jason Crow, both Democrats, both spoke at length about the need for federal action. The Brady Campaign invited reporters to cover the event.

Some may be also be wondering why the MSM have gone quiet on this when usually they would have been all over it.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

What an awful feeling to realize that one is being used as a pawn in someone else's agenda.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

At least they caught on they were being used,.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

That Swedish girl is another example, more worryingly with her she is mentally ill.

Filed: Timeline

Sadly (probably my own fault because I don't watch news and lately have been avoiding FB), this is the first I heard of the shooting.

The kid who rushed the shooter, Castillo, surely saved lives that day.  The very definition of a hero.  So sad he didn't live thru it.

Timeline

During a Wednesday court appearance, lawyers for McKinney – who is a biological female legally named Maya – asked that their client’s preferred pronouns be respected and that McKinney be referred to as “he.”

Disability justice advocate Lydia X.Z. Brown echoed the McKinney legal team’s sentiments on Twitter Thursday, urging journalists not to “deadname” the suspect.

“Dear every reporter writing about the #STEMShooting #ColoradoShooting: There is zero reason to publish a trans person’s deadname. Especially a minor’s deadname,” Brown said. “This dude is a murderous #######. Neither being trans nor having psych disabilities made him an #######.”

A bit of a conclusion.

Timeline

EXCLUSIVE: The Mexican father of alleged Colorado school shooter Alec McKinney, 16, was jailed for domestic violence and deported TWICE, with his son posting how he missed him just days before the atrocity

Jose Evis Quintana, 33, was jailed for 15 months for domestic violence against McKinney's mother Morgan Lynn McKinney and 'menacing with a weapon'

Despite terrorizing  Morgan, 32, he convinced her to marry him in 2009 in Castle Rock, Colorado

He was deported back to Mexico in 2010 and Morgan, who has three children including Alec with Quintana, divorced him in 2015

Quintana illegally came back into the country and was deported again in 2017 

Alec posted on twitter how he missed his father - just 11 days before the May 7 shooting at STEM School Highlands Ranch near Denver, Colorado

Alec and friend Devon Erickson, 18, allegedly shot nine students, killing one, and will appear in court on Wednesday May 15

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Truly messed-up.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 5/10/2019 at 1:42 PM, Boiler said:

During a Wednesday court appearance, lawyers for McKinney – who is a biological female legally named Maya – asked that their client’s preferred pronouns be respected and that McKinney be referred to as “he.”

Disability justice advocate Lydia X.Z. Brown echoed the McKinney legal team’s sentiments on Twitter Thursday, urging journalists not to “deadname” the suspect.

“Dear every reporter writing about the #STEMShooting #ColoradoShooting: There is zero reason to publish a trans person’s deadname. Especially a minor’s deadname,” Brown said. “This dude is a murderous #######. Neither being trans nor having psych disabilities made him an #######.”

A bit of a conclusion.

Deadname?  Haven’t heard that one yet.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline

When you transition and leave your old gender inappropriate name behind. Hope the schools are keeping up with this.

Swedish girl withe pigtails on climate strike, she looked a bot odd and I came across an article detailing her issues. Parents seem to be using her.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Boiler said:

When you transition and leave your old gender inappropriate name behind. Hope the schools are keeping up with this.

Swedish girl withe pigtails on climate strike, she looked a bot odd and I came across an article detailing her issues. Parents seem to be using her.

Her name is Greta Thunberg and she is not mentally ill, she has Aspergers. Her parents are not using her. 

Timeline

https://climatechangedispatch.com/whats-behind-climate-change-activist-greta-thunbergs-remarkable-rise-to-fame/

The rise to fame of Greta Thunberg, the teenage climate activist, has been nothing short of extraordinary. Less than a year ago, she was an unknown schoolgirl from Sweden, albeit an unusual one: she is the daughter of a famous opera singer and an actor.

Thunberg also has Asperger’s syndrome, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and selective mutism. The latter, she says, ‘basically means I only speak when I think it’s necessary’. ‘Now is one of those moments,’ she said in a Ted talk watched hundreds of thousands of times on the topic that first brought her into the public eye: her decision to stage a ‘school strike’ last August to draw attention to climate change.