DGF

Immunization Record

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm starting to think about gathering my immunization record (it's coming from multiple sources) and I have a few questions. 

Thankfully I have records for the majority of my immunizations but I don't have proof of having chicken pox, or my most recent tetanus booster (which I got in 2016). I went to my doctor today to see if they had a record of my tetanus shot (I got it at my previous doctor who sent my medical record over to my current doctor) but they couldn't find anything. She gave me a requisition for a titer test, but I'm not sure yet if I'm going to do it because I don't know how much it is going to cost and I don't particularly like the lab near me. 

I'll most likely be going to Dr. Cheema, does anyone know if giving verbal confirmation that I had chicken pox will be enough or will I need to provide proof? If I need to provide proof I'm just going to get the titer test, but if I don't, is it better to get the titer test to show that I had my tetanus booster, or should I just get another booster at the medical?

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline
13 minutes ago, DGF said:

I'm starting to think about gathering my immunization record (it's coming from multiple sources) and I have a few questions. 

Thankfully I have records for the majority of my immunizations but I don't have proof of having chicken pox, or my most recent tetanus booster (which I got in 2016). I went to my doctor today to see if they had a record of my tetanus shot (I got it at my previous doctor who sent my medical record over to my current doctor) but they couldn't find anything. She gave me a requisition for a titer test, but I'm not sure yet if I'm going to do it because I don't know how much it is going to cost and I don't particularly like the lab near me. 

I'll most likely be going to Dr. Cheema, does anyone know if giving verbal confirmation that I had chicken pox will be enough or will I need to provide proof? If I need to provide proof I'm just going to get the titer test, but if I don't, is it better to get the titer test to show that I had my tetanus booster, or should I just get another booster at the medical?

I am not sure about the chicken pox. I had it too, do not have in the record, so will let you know if they need it :D I thought though that the mandatory is varicella shot (in Czech you get vaccinate for it when we are kids) - in Czech it is actually called the same as chicken pox, but they are two different diseases as chicken pox won't kill you, varicella definitely can.

You might have to get the test for Tetanus though if you do not want to get another shot. If I know correctly, the Tetanus shot is mandatory (at least for K1). I would rather be tested and not have to get the shot again. It won't kill you but it is unnecassary vaccination to your body.

There are probably smarter people on this forum to be able to help you :)

I had my medical in Montreal and did not have proof of chicken pox either or the vaccine. They just asked me if I had it and when and took it at face value. Not sure though if that has changed since October 2018 lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
1 hour ago, DGF said:

for chicken pox, they will just ask you if you had it and if you are not sure, you prolly can choose if you want to just take the shot (i know someone who was recommended to just take the shot) or they will have to test your blood for immunity, so obviously testing and finding out that you are not immune means cost more because then you have to take the shot.

(L)Our Timeline(L)

2015 Nov 03 - met online app (Skout)

2016 Jan 18 - became couple officially

2017 Sep 15 - met for the first time in person (Singapore to USA - 2 weeks)

2018 Feb 03 - met for the 2nd time (USA to Singapore - 2 weeks)

2018 Feb 08 - got engaged 

2018 Sep 01 - met for the 3rd time (Singapore to USA - 2 weeks)

2019 May 31 - 4th meeting :goofy:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K1 Visa Timeline:

2018 Aug 22 - I129f sent (DIY)

2018 Aug 29 - NOA1

worries before approval:

1) submitted 1 statement/letter of intent both signed by the pet/ben

2) petitioner's accidentally/stupidly committed DWI after i129f submission

2019 Jan 16 - NOA2 (140 days from Noa1 - No RFE)

2019 Feb 06 - case received by NVC (21 days from Noa2)

2019 Feb 08 - case number received

2019 Feb 19 - left NVC

2019 Feb 25 - case received by SG consulate

2019 Feb 28 - Packet 3 received

2019 Mar 04 - Packet 3 sent back to SG consulate

2019 Mar 07 - Packet 4 received (interview schedule)

2019 Mar 12 - Medical (additional vaccine on 19 Mar)

2019 Mar 27 - Interview (221g, medical results pending)

2019 Mar 27 - Administrative Processing

2019 Mar 27 - Clinic sent medical results to Embassy

2019 Mar 28 - Administrative Processing

2019 Mar 29 - Application Received

2019 Apr 01 - Issued

2019 Apr 04 - VOH

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Dr. Cheema accepts verbal confirmation of chicken pox/varicella vaccine; they will write down what year you got it. If you can find a receipt or any document from your previous doctor showing you received the tetanus booster, that should work.

Are you up to date on the diphtheria and pertussis vaccines? If not, it may be worth getting the Tdap booster (Adacel or Boosterix) instead of the titer test because then you'll be vaccinated against all three, which are required for the medical exam.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Vans said:

Dr. Cheema accepts verbal confirmation of chicken pox/varicella vaccine; they will write down what year you got it. If you can find a receipt or any document from your previous doctor showing you received the tetanus booster, that should work.

Are you up to date on the diphtheria and pertussis vaccines? If not, it may be worth getting the Tdap booster (Adacel or Boosterix) instead of the titer test because then you'll be vaccinated against all three, which are required for the medical exam.

Thank you! It was a Tdap booster that I got. My titer test requisition is just for tetanus (plus chicken pox) so that might not actually be enough to prove that I have all the correct vaccinations, I'll have to look at my records and the requirements again. 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline
4 hours ago, DGF said:

Thank you! It was a Tdap booster that I got. My titer test requisition is just for tetanus (plus chicken pox) so that might not actually be enough to prove that I have all the correct vaccinations, I'll have to look at my records and the requirements again. 

If absolutely no records show up, I'd recommend getting the Tdap again instead of the titer, especially if it costs less. I believe Dr. Cheema provides Tdap for $50 (?). I got mine at London Drugs for $67. Remember to keep the receipts moving forward.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Contact Public Health in your province with respect to your tdap.  I had to contact the specific town that I got it in, but they were able to fax me a record (honestly this was how I found out I had gotten a tetanus booster but not the tdap, but with that information I was eligible for that for free from public health).  

Verbal confirmation was fine for chicken pox; Dr. Cheema wasn't especially concerned about getting the exact timeline for when I had them ("senior kindergarten years old").  

Depending on age you may be eligible for an MMR booster; I elected to get this as well both because I'm not interested in getting or habouring any of those three and just in case the US cared somewhere down the line.  

My titre tests were free. 

If you cant prove immunity or a vx in the last 10 years the vx should also be free at the health clinic. 

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

I'm also collecting information on this. As I was born outside Canada, I have no records whatsoever. Is it possible to get the TDAP and MMR at Dr. Cheema's office while you have the exam? I thought that might be the easiest for someone like me. I guess I can confirm with the Dr's office while I schedule my exam.

Edited by don_mar

Timeline
5 minutes ago, don_mar said:

I'm also collecting information on this. As I was born outside Canada, I have no records whatsoever. Is it possible to get the TDAP and MMR at Dr. Cheema's office while you have the exam? I thought that might be the easiest for someone like me. I guess I can confirm with the Dr's office while I schedule my exam.

You can yes, but if you have a health care card from whatever province you reside you should get your immunizations done for free. It could save you 500$+

Timeline
3 minutes ago, purem4g1c said:

You can yes, but if you have a health care card from whatever province you reside you should get your immunizations done for free. It could save you 500$+

Thanks! So I should just go to a doctor and ask for the 2 shots I need (TDAP and MMR) and get a record.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, don_mar said:

Thanks! So I should just go to a doctor and ask for the 2 shots I need (TDAP and MMR) and get a record.

if thats the only two shots you need yep, thats what I did and I went to my medical yesterday and they said I was covered on all immunizations I would need.

• 5 months later...
Timeline
On 5/6/2019 at 9:27 PM, DGF said:

Don't forget flu shot 2019 :)

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline

i got my titers results and my immunity were below the acceptable level for MMR so my doctor administered the vaccines. since i have to get two doses of MMR, i went to a clinic for the vaccines again to comply with the number of doses required before my medical. 

i can't speak about dr cheema's clinic if they administer vaccines in there but dr mascarenhas' clinic does not. you have to go to a GP or family doctor to get it done.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.