sweethrtt

Canada Medical Appointment Review

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi All!

I wanted to write a review of the medical mostly for others who are going through the process to give you a heads up of what to expect. My particular Doctor was Dr. Ian Zatzman in Maple, Ontario. My appointment was at 11:15am. The location is incredibly easy to find although the plaza is pretty busy so finding parking may be a bit daunting.

Upon arriving to the doctors office it was SUPER busy.. but I believe that this was mainly due to a computer issue they were having and I presume that it is not like this everyday of the week. The receptionists were nice and asked for the following documents: 1) 4 passport photos 2) Interview Letter 3) Passport 4) Vaccination Records. I sat back down and waited for my name to be called. 

At around 12:45-1:00pm Dr. Zatzman called my name and I was ushered into a small room were he discussed the process for the medical. This part was absolutely painless. He is incredibly nice and well spoken, a very personable man who makes you feel extremely comfortable as I was definitely nervous. He asked routine questions on the form that is required and then advised me that I have to go get blood drawn/urine sample (GC, VDRL, NAAT) and X-Rays (Chest Only) downstairs and that I was free to go home after. For those of you who are worried about the dreaded "DRUG" question. He didn't ask me anything about it but because of my I-275 (THC) I wanted to make him aware (Embassy/USCIS are aware so no point in not telling the doctor). He was very kind about the whole situation. After all the formalities we chit chatted for a little about various things. He took my blood pressure and listened to me breathe, he then took my weight and height. After that it was a "Have a Good Day, and soon you'll be in the states getting married". That part made me laugh and honestly wish he was the CO at the embassy lol.

Here comes the painful part (for me, as I really really really hate needles). I went down to take my blood, the nurse was nice and gave me the butterfly needle because I started crying (seriously hate needles lol...also I'm a giant baby). That went by super quick as they only had to fill one vial. Next stop was the X-Ray that went super quickly just hand to change into a gown went into the room with the Machine stood up against it and they took two photos while I took two deep breaths.

Cost of Medical:

Dr. Ian Zatzman Visit $260.00

Blood Work $30.00

X-Ray $70.00

Total $360.00

All in all it was a great experience. I feel like I was totally nervous for no reason. It took in total about 4 hours for everything, and other then the needle it was painless and not scary. I hope this review can help put anybody else going through this process at ease and less nervous! If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

Canadian forum?

Shoot! My Bad is there a way to fix that?

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Timeline

Yours was more thorough than mine.  I went to the one on St. Claire in Toronto.  I waited about 10 minutes in the waiting room, then the doctor spoke with me for about 2 minutes.  No bp, no height, no weight, and didn’t even want to see the medical records I brought (he verbally confirmed I had all shots).  XRay took another 10 minutes, and then I walked across the street for bloodwork.  The wait there was about 25 minutes.  Agree that is the worst bc I also hate needles, which the tech taking my blood was like “but you have tattoos?” which I rolled my eyes at bc that’s totally different.

You’re getting closer!!!  Yay! 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Cryssiekins said:

Yours was more thorough than mine.  I went to the one on St. Claire in Toronto.  I waited about 10 minutes in the waiting room, then the doctor spoke with me for about 2 minutes.  No bp, no height, no weight, and didn’t even want to see the medical records I brought (he verbally confirmed I had all shots).  XRay took another 10 minutes, and then I walked across the street for bloodwork.  The wait there was about 25 minutes.  Agree that is the worst bc I also hate needles, which the tech taking my blood was like “but you have tattoos?” which I rolled my eyes at bc that’s totally different.

Lol omg I have tattoos too and she was like but how/why are you scared and I didn’t have an answer I just don’t like those types of needles! 

He was pretty thorough ... but he also didn’t ask for any of my medical (which I brought) ... and verbally asked me if I had chickenpox even thought I had proof that I’m immune lol I was literally in the room with him for under 5 minutes and most of it was shooting the lol 

So close and getting more nervous by the hour lol

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

Timeline
28 minutes ago, sweethrtt said:

Lol omg I have tattoos too and she was like but how/why are you scared and I didn’t have an answer I just don’t like those types of needles! 

He was pretty thorough ... but he also didn’t ask for any of my medical (which I brought) ... and verbally asked me if I had chickenpox even thought I had proof that I’m immune lol I was literally in the room with him for under 5 minutes and most of it was shooting the lol 

So close and getting more nervous by the hour lol

I remember after getting the approval being so beyond happy and excited... and then when I had to start packing and getting things in order is where the nerves set in... but, once you get here, it’s so awesome.  Even 2.5 years later sometimes  we’ll just be laying around and say out loud how much we don’t miss the exorbitant amount of time we’ve spent sitting on the Peace bridge (or Rainbow or Lewiston).  I have been incredibly lucky that we lived close enough that we did have weekly or bi-weekly visits, when some folks on here are separated by oceans. 

The only thing that still bugs me is the complete lack of street lighting over here (worse in the winter).  Like, American’s must have supervision bc even with 20/20 vision, I struggle hard when it’s dark.  

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Cryssiekins said:

The only thing that still bugs me is the complete lack of street lighting over here (worse in the winter).  Like, American’s must have supervision bc even with 20/20 vision, I struggle hard when it’s dark.  

Agree about the lack of street lighting.  I also am a bit mystified at the lack of street grates/sewers for rain water, etc. in NY compared to Toronto.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Timeline

~~Moved to the Canada forum, from K1 P&P -  As the medical review is better fitted here.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

2 hours ago, Cryssiekins said:

OMG I though it was just here that was like that. Drives me crazy. What else drives me crazy is sooo many people here drive with no lights at night, when its foggy they do not put their lights on or when its blizzarding. I am like REALLY omg people. I swear that that where I live is the worse for driving. Honestly it puts Montreal drivers to shame and we were always told Montreal had the worst drivers in Canada.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/6/2019 at 9:28 PM, Cryssiekins said:

Dr Lynden? Me too. Did he even have you change into a gown? Or listen to you breathe? Not with me

Timeline
1 hour ago, KristineGB said:

Dr Lynden? Me too. Did he even have you change into a gown? Or listen to you breathe? Not with me

Nope.  We just had a very very quick conversation.  He asked the questions and I answered.  I had documents to prove the vaccines and such, but he didn’t even really want to see them.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Cryssiekins said:

Nope.  We just had a very very quick conversation.  He asked the questions and I answered.  I had documents to prove the vaccines and such, but he didn’t even really want to see them.  

Me too! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.