24 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, myVisaJourney said:

No just 221g for a missing document

Oky but consulate sent me questionnaire as well I hope it will be resolved within 2 months. When is yours interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 hours ago, myVisaJourney said:

Wow that’s nice. I hope I get approved too. How long it took to get the visa? And you think we can book flights the same week? To the US I mean

No  Don't book the flight till you have the passport and visa stamp

For out medical if the medical is good,  they give you the packet to take to embassy

if not ,  they send it to the embassy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, myVisaJourney said:

They will give me a sealed medical results envelop. I just asked them if they would let me know if my results are okay. 

LorenY was pretty clear. Not sure what part you don’t understand. Medical results are confidential, and no way can they give you any information over the phone. As the patient, you may request a copy of the medical. 

c9 AOS Concurrently filed I-130 & I-130A, I-485, I-131, I-765

2019-02-21 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx

2019-03-09 Notice received via USPS

2019-03-15 Biometrics Appointment Notice received

2019-03-26 Attended Biometrics Appointment

2019-04-01 Case is ready to to be scheduled for an interview

2019-04-22 Interview Notice received via USPS

2019-05-20 Interview: Approved after 82 days.

2019-05-21 Card in production

2019-05-22 Card was mailed to you (no tracking)

2019-05-29 Green Card in hand.

I-751 Removal of Conditions

2021-03-23 Package Sent via FedEx

2021-04-01 Package Received Texas Service Center

2021-04-21 I-797C Notice Date

2021-04-26 Notice Received via USPS

2021-05-04 Biometrics were reused

2021-11-16 New card is being produced

2 hours ago, kris&me said:

For out medical if the medical is good,  they give you the packet to take to embassy

That’s what I asked. When I get approved and get the visa, can I book the flights the same week? Is this possible? 

And I got my medical, so I guess everything is okay

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
8 hours ago, kris&me said:

For my country, they send the medical packet directly to the consulate but if anything is wrong the doctor said she would call me. I would assume that you can't just call and ask as you could be anybody seeking information, whereas if they call you its more likely that they'll actually be talking to you and not a random person fishing for your information. 

And yeah - definitely don't book the flight until you have the passport with stamp inside! You may be approved at your interview but the post could always get delayed, or the consulate/embassy might not even send it to you until a few weeks later, or could be wrong information on the visa. Its best to wait.

*** Thread closed as per OP's request.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.