Jcmurph

Anybody help on how to ensure flights together or about interview without medical yet

26 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, so a few questions if anyone knows.  My fiance got her interview date in Vietnam but it was rather quick, only 8 days from notice date of the interview and the interview,  so if course with only 8 days notice she could not get a medical exam before the interview, closest was about 8 days after the interview date.... So my question is will they still interview? And if so will they tell her if she passed the interview portion right after they complete the interview and just have her come back with the medical result once she has them and begin processing her visa? 

I really hope so.... 

Next is has anyone got a suggestion for cheap flights round trip for me and a one way for her and still allow us on the same flight on the return? 

Greatly appreciate any help or advise

James

Edited by Jcmurph
Add info

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Jcmurph said:

Hello everyone, so a few questions if anyone knows.  My fiance got her interview date in Vietnam but it was rather quick, only 8 days from notice date of the interview and the interview,  so if course with only 8 days notice she could not get a medical exam before the interview, closest was about 8 days after the interview date.... So my question is will they still interview? And if so will they tell her if she passed the interview portion right after they complete the interview and just have her come back with the medical result once she has them and begin processing her visa? 

I really hope so.... 

Next is has anyone got a suggestion for cheap flights round trip for me and a one way for her and still allow us on the same flight on the return? 

James

If it was Manila,  the answer would be,  no medical,  no interview.   Not sure what hcmc does.

If she is interviewed,  They will not tell her she is approved because she won't be. you will get a sense of the results based on the requests made on the 221g she will receive 

YMMV

Different consulate, but my  husband had his interview after the medical exam, but before the results were received by the consulate. He got a verbal 'conditional approval pending medical results,' but of course that was not an actual approval.

Btw, I would caution against buying any plane tickets until the visa is in her passport and passport is in her possession.  

Thank you,  I know that normally they give a few weeks notice so that the medical exam can be done but they did not give but about 10 days.  I am waiting for confirmation that she has passed the interview and has the visa before going but just need to know the best way to go about the tickets to ensure we are on the same flight and sitting next to each other without spending a fortune... Any others assistance greatly appreciated on all topics

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jcmurph said:

Thank you,  I know that normally they give a few weeks notice so that the medical exam can be done but they did not give but about 10 days.  I am waiting for confirmation that she has passed the interview and has the visa before going but just need to know the best way to go about the tickets to ensure we are on the same flight and sitting next to each other without spending a fortune... Any others assistance greatly appreciated on all topics

A Travel agent can do that for you.  Just talk  to a live person at any of the booking sites

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Jcmurph said:

I really hope so.... 

James

I wouldn't book any plane tickets until she has the visa in her passport. You never know if it'll be approved or how long it will take to get. But when booking your flight tickets I believe you can call the airline to book the tickets.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jcmurph said:

We all understand the excitement and the anxiety but purchasing a ticket prior to receiving the results/answer is not a wise choice. Reason being you never know how the interview will go, on top of that just because you submit the medical doesn't mean you can predict when they will officially approve the application. I'm currently in a similar situation, my finance had to submit a new medical because our case was in AP for a very long time. I can't predict when they are going to stamp his passport but I know for a fact it won't before two weeks from the date it was sent, even if I'm going off of the current trend I still cant predict it because things change. Even after I get the notification that his visa is issued I still won't purchase a ticket until its in his hands, I seen a couple wait 1 month to receive the passport back after the visa was issued. 

Alway play safe. It's not worth losing money over. Trust me!

NEW Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

OLD  Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

USCIS - 800-375-5283.  NVC - (603)-334-0700

Contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283.

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY - https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to the Regional forum, from K1 P&P - As the medical and interview vary from country to country.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Yet a couple additional reasons to never book a flight before the visa is in hand:

• The passport could be lost or damaged during return.
  • The visa could have an error (misspelled name, wrong DOB, etc.).
Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

I am not going to book it just yet.  I am going to wait until she has the visa but just worried she will not be interviewed without the medical. They say you can not schedule a medical without the appointment confirmation letter or email and with short notice like we had they did not have any open appointments until a week after the interview date... Will they let her bring the results from the medical back after the interview?  Or will she have to make an appointment to bring the medical results back... Not sure how that all works.  I know depending on the country the results from the medical are either sent by the person or doctor doing the medical or some give the results right after the medical and the beneficiary takes them 

3 hours ago, Jcmurph said:

I know depending on the country the results from the medical are either sent by the person or doctor doing the medical or some give the results right after the medical and the beneficiary takes them 

As far as I know, all embassies/consulates only accept the results from the panel physician. If someone is in the US and goes to a civil surgeon, then they will receive a sealed envelope with the results that must only be opened by USCIS.

For HCMC, the medical result must be from Cho Ray Hospital or International Organization for Migration (IOM).  Just call both and tell them that the interview is very close, they may be able help her find a time slot. My wife got her medical and exam result within 1 week after booking her appointment in April. 

24 minutes ago, nguoivietnam2019 said:

For HCMC, the medical result must be from Cho Ray Hospital or International Organization for Migration (IOM).  Just call both and tell them that the interview is very close, they may be able help her find a time slot. My wife got her medical and exam result within 1 week after booking her appointment in April. 

Yes thank you... The problem is that she interviews on the 9th and they did not let us know until the 2nd. Also are they not allowed a phone in the interview.... Because we use facebook messenger and facebook to talk so how can they see that... Mine is marked only friends can see not public

2 hours ago, Jcmurph said:

Because we use facebook messenger and facebook to talk so how can they see that... Mine is marked only friends can see not public

If you're referring to chats and call logs, then screenshot them and print them out. I can't say they will put a whole lot of merit into them, but that is what most people do.

Both USCIS and the embassies/consulates will not consider evidence directly on electronic media (even CDs/DVDs). It needs to be in some form of physical document.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

16 hours ago, Jcmurph said:

Yes thank you... The problem is that she interviews on the 9th and they did not let us know until the 2nd. Also are they not allowed a phone in the interview.... Because we use facebook messenger and facebook to talk so how can they see that... Mine is marked only friends can see not public

Has you wife been able to contact Cho Ray and/or IOM? At least just schedule the exam, consulate should be able to wait for medical result to issue the Visa (assuming visa is approved).

USCIS/NVC/Consulate does not accept digital media format/data from electronic device (they will take all electronic devices and give tags with # so people can retrieve their devices after the interview) .  We printed 1-2 pictures for each event that we considered important and 1/2 page of chat log for each month, however, they did not ask for anything (I was with my wife at the interview).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.