andreaam

Argentinians AOS fillers

928 posts in this topic

We got approved at the interview (ended at 10:45am).  Got card produced later today by 5:30pm.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
17 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

We got approved at the interview (ended at 10:45am).  Got card produced later today by 5:30pm.

CONGRATS!!!! So happy for you guys!!! 

Timeline
18 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you, you really work hard to get to that mile stone, despite covid hope you have the chance to celebrate such an accomplishment during these rough times. 

🥂🍾🍾🍾

Timeline
18 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

Yes! Congratulations! Really good news! Perfect to end this super complicated year on a good note. 

Thanks to everybody that is dropping us a message in here and sending us your good thoughts :) Fingers crossed! 

Timeline
On 12/9/2020 at 6:04 PM, Fe.Ta said:

Congratulations!! Well deserved accomplishment! Now celebrate!

Filed: IR-2 Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi my 2 sons (ir2 ) got approved ,thanks to everyone that helped me out !!! I asked and they are only doing expedited or emergencia visa ,so it’s going very slow,

@KBCN @Fer Schvarztman @Fla&Mark AND @andreaam  Thank you!  So happy to be past it.  However, I am already thinking about what I can do to start evidence for ROC.  Probably will switch a lot of the utilities onto our names so we can start as of January 2021.  Would they look at all 3 years or just the two between getting the GC and then ROC?

On 12/10/2020 at 12:21 PM, Fla&Mark said:

Yes! Congratulations! Really good news! Perfect to end this super complicated year on a good note. 

Thanks to everybody that is dropping us a message in here and sending us your good thoughts :) Fingers crossed! 

Best of luck to you!  Keep us posted!

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

For those waiting/prepping for the interview:

Some pointers:

-Bring everything you have submitted to USCIS, especially anything for AOS/EAD/AP.
-The letter will tell you what other things you could bring that are new or add-ons to the existing application, bring as much as you are able.
-Do a wedding/picture album. It doesn't need to be professional, just one that would show that especial day and the progression (chronological order) of the relationship after marriage.
-Dress professionally - first impression counts!
-Bring lawyer or interpreter in person if you have/need it - DO NOT have them on-call by phone, even during COVID times.
-Leave your phones in the car if possible.
-If the officer seems strict/rude at first, just continue to be polite and explain things as needed (i.e. "kill them with kindness"). Do not get defensive, they are just doing their jobs and some of them may use this tactic as a test to check you are legit (remember: the more defensive you get, the more it seems like you have something to hide). As a frequent international flyer, this seems to be true throughout the whole immigration system (and I am a USC - it has happened to me while traveling).

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
On 12/11/2020 at 6:09 PM, Fe.Ta said:

@KBCN @Fer Schvarztman @Fla&Mark AND @andreaam  Thank you!  So happy to be past it.  However, I am already thinking about what I can do to start evidence for ROC.  Probably will switch a lot of the utilities onto our names so we can start as of January 2021.  Would they look at all 3 years or just the two between getting the GC and then ROC?

Best of luck to you!  Keep us posted!

I haven’t really look at th ROC requirements and haven’t really take a look at the citizenship process yet. My greencard expires on March2022. I don’t know if I have to start the process on March 2022 or June 2021 when is my 2 year marriage anniversary. 
I am still ptsd from the green card process and finding a job here so I my mind is blocking all things paperwork related haha

10 minutes ago, andreaam said:

I haven’t really look at th ROC requirements and haven’t really take a look at the citizenship process yet. My greencard expires on March2022. I don’t know if I have to start the process on March 2022 or June 2021 when is my 2 year marriage anniversary. 
I am still ptsd from the green card process and finding a job here so I my mind is blocking all things paperwork related haha

You should do it three months before your expiration, so December 2021.  Our officer said it has to be no earlier than 90 days prior to expiration or you could have issues.

Yes, I get that.  Good luck!

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
11 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

You should do it three months before your expiration, so December 2021.  Our officer said it has to be no earlier than 90 days prior to expiration or you could have issues.

Yes, I get that.  Good luck!

Sounds about right. Our lawyer told us that back in March and completely forgot. 

GC in hand today. 🥳

oh yeah yes GIF by PBS KIDS

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

GC in hand today. 🥳

oh yeah yes GIF by PBS KIDS

Yes!!! A Christmas Miracle right there! Congratulations, there's no better way to end the year, you have totally beaten 2020!.🥳🥳

1 minute ago, Fer Schvarztman said:

Yes!!! A Christmas Miracle right there! Congratulations, there's no better way to end the year, you have totally beaten 2020!.🥳🥳

Aww, thank you! Sending you lots of luck and good wishes!!

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline

We had our interview today and we just received the notification that our card is being produced!! 

The interview was very fast, a little over half an hour. They asked to check my birth certificate again. I think might be a misundrestanding in between our birth certificate and "Acta de nacimiento". I had to explain the difference in between the two and provide the apostille translation.

The interviewer was very kind and polite. They asked us info about each other, the regular stuff. And they asked for some evidence and we showed everything we brought but they just took some of it and some pictures. 

I will post here when we have the GC on hand and maybe clarify on what we need to do when applying for the 10 year GC. 

Thank you all for your constant support and help during this whole process!! And happy holidays everybody!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.