andreaam

Argentinians AOS fillers

928 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Thanks @andreaam!!! 

Unfortunately our status on Friday changed to "Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed" instead of "green card processing." Looking through the forums, this seems to be a pretty common thing, but just kind of a bummer to be back in "waiting limbo" after all this time. Could be a few days, a few weeks or even up to 120 days. But we'll post when we hear any news! 

Hoping everyone is doing well and a huge thank you for posting your experiences! We went through this thread with a fine tooth comb and because of everyone's posts we felt really good about all the information we pulled and brought with us. Will be a bummer if we get an RFE for something we brought, b/c we left nothing behind! 😅

Timeline
18 hours ago, KBCN said:

Thanks @andreaam!!! 

Unfortunately our status on Friday changed to "Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed" instead of "green card processing." Looking through the forums, this seems to be a pretty common thing, but just kind of a bummer to be back in "waiting limbo" after all this time. Could be a few days, a few weeks or even up to 120 days. But we'll post when we hear any news! 

Hoping everyone is doing well and a huge thank you for posting your experiences! We went through this thread with a fine tooth comb and because of everyone's posts we felt really good about all the information we pulled and brought with us. Will be a bummer if we get an RFE for something we brought, b/c we left nothing behind! 😅

Oh bummer!

I was under the review status for a week, so yes, is normal. Hopefully everything is all right! 💪🏼

Filed: IR-2 Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi,does anybody know what phone number can I call the embassy ,my ir2 visa is about to expire and I can’t get a plane ,because they canceled my flight 3 times¡! Need to ask how I can extend it ,some once gave my a combination to talk to someone of the embassy but I forgot 

thanks for any help

Timeline
On 5/3/2021 at 12:38 PM, Andresr said:

Hi,does anybody know what phone number can I call the embassy ,my ir2 visa is about to expire and I can’t get a plane ,because they canceled my flight 3 times¡! Need to ask how I can extend it ,some once gave my a combination to talk to someone of the embassy but I forgot 

thanks for any help

Sorry you are having to deal with this! Sounds extremely stressful :(

When we did our K-1, this was the email address and information from the email correspondence we received:

US Embassy, Consular Section

Buenos Aires - Argentina

BuenosAires-IV@state.gov

https://ar.usembassy.gov/visas/

On the State Visa Appointment website, there were local numbers listed, but seems to go to a call center rather than the embassy, but maybe they can at least help (all local numbers listed at the bottom of the website):

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/es-ar/iv/information/contact_us

Hope this helps some!!

• 2 weeks later...

This morning we got the update our interview was finally scheduled! Waiting patiently for that letter in the mail :D 

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

Timeline

Hi everyone, it's been a long time, but the whole process for us has been kind of messy because of the pandemic. Wisconsin is not easy, specially small towns. I'll try to sum up, maybe someone can help?

So, I got to the States by the end on June 2020. I still don't have a SSN ( they didn't let me apply for it and then I was denied because I was already married, and had to apply along with AOS, so we are still waiting to see what happens. We sent everything in September) I  don't have a permit for working or a travel document. However, I got my appointment for BIOMETRICS in March, and yesterday we got the letter for the green card interview for next month.

I was reading the checking list on the notice, but I'm kind of confused and overwhelmed about all this paperwork again.

What do we need to bring with us to the interview? We still live with my parents in law because the pandemic put us on hold for mostly everything. We are expecting a baby, and Im due in September, but we don't have utility bills, or  joint accounts, etc (with no SSN I was denied almost everything) 

We need to take with us copies of the forms  that we already sent ??(I -485, I 864, etc?)

what else could be provide as proof of bona fide marriage? I'm really stressed.

Also, they ask for children's birth certificates. In my case, my daughter is living with her father in Argentina, and she is not planning on coming to USA.  However, I requested an updated copy of her birth certificate online, like I did for myself when I was preparing packet 3 for the k1. I know I have to get it translated, any place to recommend to do it online? Also, knowing how things are going back home (in Buenos Aires) I can't get it apostilled. I don't even know if I need to because she is not traveling to the States.

thanks in advance, I really appreciate any help.❤️🙏

Timeline
On 5/19/2021 at 1:06 PM, Jonnat said:

Hi everyone, it's been a long time, but the whole process for us has been kind of messy because of the pandemic. Wisconsin is not easy, specially small towns. I'll try to sum up, maybe someone can help?

So, I got to the States by the end on June 2020. I still don't have a SSN ( they didn't let me apply for it and then I was denied because I was already married, and had to apply along with AOS, so we are still waiting to see what happens. We sent everything in September) I  don't have a permit for working or a travel document. However, I got my appointment for BIOMETRICS in March, and yesterday we got the letter for the green card interview for next month.

I was reading the checking list on the notice, but I'm kind of confused and overwhelmed about all this paperwork again.

What do we need to bring with us to the interview? We still live with my parents in law because the pandemic put us on hold for mostly everything. We are expecting a baby, and Im due in September, but we don't have utility bills, or  joint accounts, etc (with no SSN I was denied almost everything) 

We need to take with us copies of the forms  that we already sent ??(I -485, I 864, etc?)

what else could be provide as proof of bona fide marriage? I'm really stressed.

Also, they ask for children's birth certificates. In my case, my daughter is living with her father in Argentina, and she is not planning on coming to USA.  However, I requested an updated copy of her birth certificate online, like I did for myself when I was preparing packet 3 for the k1. I know I have to get it translated, any place to recommend to do it online? Also, knowing how things are going back home (in Buenos Aires) I can't get it apostilled. I don't even know if I need to because she is not traveling to the States.

thanks in advance, I really appreciate any help.❤️🙏

Congratulations on the baby! 
Such a bummer about the SSN! The only thing that comes to mind right now is signing a contract with your in law stating that you live with them and make it notarized. 

Hi all!

So our interview is scheduled June 22 🥳. The checklist in the letter is pretty standard but do have some questions...

It mentions to bring birth certificates for any children and then custody papers for any children not living with you. My husband's 2 daughters live with their mom in Argentina. We have a document that's basically an agreement between them outlining terms (visitation, child support payments, etc.) signed by the judge and lawyers when they divorced. We also have both their birth certificates but nothing is originals, it's all copies. 

Is that enough to bring with us? It doesn't mention to bring originals specifically for the kids paperwork, just everything we've submitted thus far (K1, AOS). We will obviously bring multiple copies and get everything translated from Spanish.

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

Interview - 8/29/2019 

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023

• 1 month later...

Hi all, happy Friday

We had our interview on Monday at Albany NY field office. Brought a full binder of additional evidence (everything required on the interview notice + more photos, etc.) but the officer didn't ask for any of it!! We front loaded our original petition and AOS packet so I think that's probably why.

The officer was super nice and only verified my husband's I-485 info (addresses, employment, the end questions about cults and terrorism, etc) and asked a few simple things about me (my name, birthday, where I was born). Updated our current address and gave a new I-864 as my income has changed since we filed. That was it! Was about 20 mins total, quick and painless.

Were told everything looked good and we are essentially approved but the only thing is USCIS lost our I-693 medical that my husband came into POE with 😡.  I had copies ready to show but they couldn't take those so we got an RFE for that and have to redo the medical exam again....we were lucky enough to find an appointment that day so will be sending back to USCIS next week and hopefully get official approval letter soon.

Kinda annoyed we have to wait yet again, especially since it's not our fault, but oh well. 

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

Interview - 8/29/2019 

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

@andyazcu Congrats on the approval (for the most part)! So sorry to hear you guys have to go through another hoop in the process. Really hoping everything processes quickly for you guys at this stage though!

• 5 weeks later...

We got the update today that our green card was finally approved! A month and a half waiting after RFE at the interview -- we are so so so happy!!!!! Thank you to everyone on this forum for all the tips, advice, and support through this journey. 

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

Interview - 8/29/2019 

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023

Hello!

Long time no see!  We lost the password and were locked out for a while.  Then, we forgot.  Haha!  Sorry for missing out on everything!  Congratulations to those of you who got approved, got the cards, have babies, etc.  YAY!  So excited for all.

We have missed you.  It is nice to catch up.

Question:  Some of you are close to starting the packet for the 10-year green card.  @andreaam  I believe you got yours February/March, so you need to start it soon, right?  Can we get a post started on that topic?

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Timeline
On 8/16/2021 at 2:44 PM, Fe.Ta said:

Hello!

Long time no see!  We lost the password and were locked out for a while.  Then, we forgot.  Haha!  Sorry for missing out on everything!  Congratulations to those of you who got approved, got the cards, have babies, etc.  YAY!  So excited for all.

We have missed you.  It is nice to catch up.

Question:  Some of you are close to starting the packet for the 10-year green card.  @andreaam  I believe you got yours February/March, so you need to start it soon, right?  Can we get a post started on that topic?

Hey! I believe I can apply for that in January 2022 but we were thinking on starting paperwork around November. We are already gathering photos haha

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Hey everybody! Just regain access to my account. So happy to see so many good news here!

I have some news too... we're expecting a baby! my due date is March, so very excited for that. Everything else is good, we were able to buy a house (of course I needed some extra steps because of my credit score, I had to present translations and other documents from Argentina) but all is good. Work is great. The only thing that bothers me is that traveling has been complicated in and out Argentina and I wish we could visit more often.

I started reading about the process to remove the conditions in our green card, coming soon! I saw that they will not process it if you file it sooner than 3 months before? haha I was getting anxious..

Can we start a thread for that?

Hope everybody is doing good! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.