andreaam

Argentinians AOS fillers

928 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

Please do, thanks!

Yes, thank you!  I know Fernanda shared hers at some point.  But, I spoke to her and she indicated that time-frames changed a lot from when she was doing it to now.  So, I figured I would ask those that are doing it presently and keep people posted. :) 

I didn’t remember Fernanda posted about Bs As. So is good you brought it up and now there’s people helping!

Timeline

Hey guys sorry im getting late to the party of translating acta de nacimientos hehe. Been reading your responses and as always helpful 😀. My fiance has her appointment at cancillería on Wednesday for the apostille part. I hope that doesn't take long at all so she can start the process of translating it. She will be travelling June 20th and her parents on July 1 so that maybe gives as a good window to have the documents. 

I will keep you posted too as others have mentioned about our process and how it went. 

Hi everyone, an update: this morning we went to legalize the acta but were unsuccessful because the original we brought is in plastic. So now we are getting a new, paper copy from the civil registry, then we will continue to legalize/apostille as planned.

Por díos... 🤦‍♀️

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

Timeline
5 hours ago, Andrea + Gaston said:

Hi everyone, an update: this morning we went to legalize the acta but were unsuccessful because the original we brought is in plastic. So now we are getting a new, paper copy from the civil registry, then we will continue to legalize/apostille as planned.

Por díos... 🤦‍♀️

You can't never trust the argentinian burocracy haha  I know the feeling !

So, we have 3 Actas de Nacimiento. 2 are originals and one is the digital. If we are trying to do the legalization, do we list all three? If so, how would you fill in the digital one on the form (as far as who generated the document)?

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

So, we have 3 Actas de Nacimiento. 2 are originals and one is the digital. If we are trying to do the legalization, do we list all three? If so, how would you fill in the digital one on the form (as far as who generated the document)?

Yo hice digitalizar mi acta original porque era vieja, imprimi la digital y después la legalice. No hubo problemas con eso para hacer apostillar. Ese fue mi proceso en Cba. 

1 hour ago, andreaam said:

Yo hice digitalizar mi acta original porque era vieja, imprimi la digital y después la legalice. No hubo problemas con eso para hacer apostillar. Ese fue mi proceso en Cba. 

Gracias! Ya hicimos turno para el 10 de junio. No tenemos el link de apostillje. Alguna otra informacion? Igual ire a lo posts anteriores para buscar la informacion. 

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

Timeline

Gracias! Ya hicimos turno para el 10 de junio. No tenemos el link de apostillje. Alguna otra informacion? Igual ire a lo posts anteriores para buscar la informacion. 

https://www.argentina.gob.ar/legalizar-o-apostillar-un-documento Este es el link con toda la info para apostillar

@andreaam necesito hacer la traduccion antes de legalizar el acta o puedo hacer la legalizacion, luego la traduccion y finalmente el apostillaje?

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

@andreaam necesito hacer la traduccion antes de legalizar el acta o puedo hacer la legalizacion, luego la traduccion y finalmente el apostillaje?

la traducción se hace después de apostillar. La puede hacer cualquier persona que sea bilingüe. Al principio según mis averiguaciones, pensaba que lo tenía que hacer un traductor público (sworn translator) a la traducción. Pero después leyendo en otros foros de VJ, muchas personas con AOS ya aprobado no lo habían hecho. Lo que ellos hicieron y yo también hice, es hacerlo traducir por un tercero que sea bilingüe y que al último firme una declaración diciendo que todo lo traducido es correcto.  Te dejo un ejemplo acá abajo de la declaración.

I,                                                         , certify that I am fluent in English and Spanish languages, that I am competent to perform the translation from Spanish to English and that the above is the complete and accurate translation of the document entitled BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND APOSTILLE.

Signature

Typed Name

Address

Telephone number

Email

On 6/5/2019 at 9:30 PM, andreaam said:

la traducción se hace después de apostillar. La puede hacer cualquier persona que sea bilingüe. Al principio según mis averiguaciones, pensaba que lo tenía que hacer un traductor público (sworn translator) a la traducción. Pero después leyendo en otros foros de VJ, muchas personas con AOS ya aprobado no lo habían hecho. Lo que ellos hicieron y yo también hice, es hacerlo traducir por un tercero que sea bilingüe y que al último firme una declaración diciendo que todo lo traducido es correcto.  Te dejo un ejemplo acá abajo de la declaración.

I,                                                         , certify that I am fluent in English and Spanish languages, that I am competent to perform the translation from Spanish to English and that the above is the complete and accurate translation of the document entitled BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND APOSTILLE.

Signature

Typed Name

Address

Telephone number

Email

Ya! Gracias! El RNR tambien o solo el acta es lo unico que necesita legalizacion y apostillaje?

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Si no hay turnos para apostillar a traves de la pagina, se puede ir directo al otro lugar que dice el Colegio de Escribanos en la provincia?  @Andrea + Gaston

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

@Greenbaum Maybe you can speak into my question.  I was wondering how important it will be to take on the last name as far as AOS and the following steps.  In our case, the beneficiary is the male and, in the Hispanic culture in general, is not that common to take on the last name.  Would this affect us?  I wouldn't mind doing it if I need to, but it is just not common for us.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

45 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

@Greenbaum Maybe you can speak into my question.  I was wondering how important it will be to take on the last name as far as AOS and the following steps.  In our case, the beneficiary is the male and, in the Hispanic culture in general, is not that common to take on the last name.  Would this affect us?  I wouldn't mind doing it if I need to, but it is just not common for us.

If you had the desire to take his last name you could. The best time to make the change is when you file your completed marriage license after your marriage.  Your name is officially changed when the marriage certificate is issued.  Or leave yours and his as they are. Your choice. He isn't required to change his name.

If you change your mind later on then its a lawyer and filling through the court system. $$$$$$

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
6 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

Si no hay turnos para apostillar a traves de la pagina, se puede ir directo al otro lugar que dice el Colegio de Escribanos en la provincia?  @Andrea + Gaston

En los Colegios de escribanos por lo que tengo entendido no hace falta sacar turno pero es un poco más costoso el trámite (700 en vez de 300)

14 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

Ya! Gracias! El RNR tambien o solo el acta es lo unico que necesita legalizacion y apostillaje?

El acta solamente 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.