andreaam

Argentinians AOS fillers

928 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

If you had the desire to take his last name you could. The best time to make the change is when you file your completed marriage license after your marriage.  Your name is officially changed when the marriage certificate is issued.  Or leave yours and his as they are. Your choice. He isn't required to change his name.

If you change your mind later on then its a lawyer and filling through the court system. $$$$$$

Thank you!

15 hours ago, andreaam said:

En los Colegios de escribanos por lo que tengo entendido no hace falta sacar turno pero es un poco más costoso el trámite (700 en vez de 300)

El acta solamente 

Gracias! Genial. Entonces, vamos de una mañana.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

On 6/8/2019 at 6:42 PM, Fe.Ta said:

Si no hay turnos para apostillar a traves de la pagina, se puede ir directo al otro lugar que dice el Colegio de Escribanos en la provincia?  @Andrea + Gaston

Yes as @andreaam said, you can do it at the notary from your province but is a bit more expensive. 

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

Hello!

We had the appointment today to legalize the acta at CABA. We has the window 11-11:20 and we were there less than 10 minutes. I would advise all to make the appointment online. It makes the process quicker and smoother. We were luck enough to make it back to the Colegio de Escribanos in CABA by Las Heras and drop it of for apostille. It should be ready by June 21st. So, if you can’t find appointments just drop it off and pay 600 pesos. However, keep in mind it takes about 7 business days so you have to take that into consideration as we did when trying to do it ASAP before our trip on June 25th.

Now, we are planning to do the translation in USA. Would this be a problem? What else do we need to do in Argentina that would help with AOS?

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

3 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

Hello!

We had the appointment today to legalize the acta at CABA. We has the window 11-11:20 and we were there less than 10 minutes. I would advise all to make the appointment online. It makes the process quicker and smoother. We were luck enough to make it back to the Colegio de Escribanos in CABA by Las Heras and drop it of for apostille. It should be ready by June 21st. So, if you can’t find appointments just drop it off and pay 600 pesos. However, keep in mind it takes about 7 business days so you have to take that into consideration as we did when trying to do it ASAP before our trip on June 25th.

Now, we are planning to do the translation in USA. Would this be a problem? What else do we need to do in Argentina that would help with AOS?

Awesome! We're going back tomorrow morning to legalize ours. 

For translation, we used for the divorce decree: https://www.daytranslations.com/  They were great, very fast. All you do is upload the documents you want to translate. We had the complete translated PDF (divorce decree + apostille + certification of translation) within 24 hours and we didn't get any RFEs for it. 👍

Edited by Andrea + Gaston

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

Interview - 8/29/2019 

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023

23 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

Hello!

For the Colegio de Escribanos (Las Heras), a few questions about process:

-No appointment is needed (you can just show up and ask for the apostille)?

-What time is best to go? 

-Do we need to bring anything else besides the legalized document?

-You leave it and pick it up in 7 days or they mail it to you? What is the process?

Muchas gracias!

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

Interview - 8/29/2019 

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023

20 minutes ago, Andrea + Gaston said:

For the Colegio de Escribanos (Las Heras), a few questions about process:

-No appointment is needed (you can just show up and ask for the apostille)?

-What time is best to go? 

-Do we need to bring anything else besides the legalized document?

-You leave it and pick it up in 7 days or they mail it to you? What is the process?

Muchas gracias!

It is on the second floor where it says "legalizaciones".  You enter through the door that is in front of the "libreria" and then walk that little hallway into the other room where you can see lines forming.  No appointment needed, but the hours are 9AM-12PM to drop off.  So, make sure you get there with time to make the line and such.  You will make the line that says something like "Registration" so you can drop off the document and they can give you the receipt to go over where the cashiers are at (cajas) and pay the 600 pesos.  It might not be ready until late June for apostille.  Even though they have a window called "Escribanos" they did not really have a separate line for that.  We had to maneuver ourselves around until it made sense.

We brought the legalized document and his DNI just in case, but we did not need it.

We dropped it off yesterday June 10th and it will not be ready until June 21st.  So, about 10 business days.  The hours to pick up are 13-15 hrs (1-3PM) from what I can recall.  You would go to the same place where you dropped it off but it will be the window that says pick-up or something like that, which is the first one when you first come into that area.

Edited by Fe.Ta
NA

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Buenas tardes a todos.. Paso a contar un poco de mi experiencia para futura referencia y para ver si alguien pasó por lo mismo o puede ayudarme.

Yo fuí a legalizar mi acta de nacimiento al ministerio del interior, sin problemas.. es super rápido, no se paga. El agente que me atendió me hizo una observación, que mi acta en la parte de atrás dice "gratuita" (entiendo que así la emiten cuando te inscriben) y  si bien ellos la sellan igual,  CREE que cancillería no apostilla estas partidas de nacimiento "gratuitas".

Efectivamente junto con el sello en la parte de atrás del acta, dice algo como "partida exenta de sellado".

Para estar en el lado seguro, pedi la partida de nacimiento en el siguiente link:

https://www.buenosaires.gob.ar/tramites/solicitud-de-partidas 

Pagué por la partida dos veces, ya que la primera la hice con la opción "tengo la información" y me la devolvieron como que no la habían encontrado. Otra vez, para agilizar hice el pedido que contenía la búsqueda de la misma y me respondieron ayer como que no la encuentran.

Miré el mail detenidamente y el link y no hay forma de hacer reclamo online.

A alguien le paso? Tiene que ver con que nací en el interior? Alguno pudo apostillar un acta de nacimiento "gratuito"?

Ya me veo que tengo que ir a alguna de las sedes comunales a hacer el reclamo.. 

Gracias de antemano a todos! 

15 minutes ago, Fla&Mark said:

Buenas tardes a todos.. Paso a contar un poco de mi experiencia para futura referencia y para ver si alguien pasó por lo mismo o puede ayudarme.

Yo fuí a legalizar mi acta de nacimiento al ministerio del interior, sin problemas.. es super rápido, no se paga. El agente que me atendió me hizo una observación, que mi acta en la parte de atrás dice "gratuita" (entiendo que así la emiten cuando te inscriben) y  si bien ellos la sellan igual,  CREE que cancillería no apostilla estas partidas de nacimiento "gratuitas".

Efectivamente junto con el sello en la parte de atrás del acta, dice algo como "partida exenta de sellado".

Para estar en el lado seguro, pedi la partida de nacimiento en el siguiente link:

Pagué por la partida dos veces, ya que la primera la hice con la opción "tengo la información" y me la devolvieron como que no la habían encontrado. Otra vez, para agilizar hice el pedido que contenía la búsqueda de la misma y me respondieron ayer como que no la encuentran.

Miré el mail detenidamente y el link y no hay forma de hacer reclamo online.

A alguien le paso? Tiene que ver con que nací en el interior? Alguno pudo apostillar un acta de nacimiento "gratuito"?

Ya me veo que tengo que ir a alguna de las sedes comunales a hacer el reclamo.. 

Gracias de antemano a todos! 

No me fije si la de mi comprometido tiene ese o no pero cuando fui a apostillar en el Colegio de Escribanos solo se fijaron si tenian la firma de quien la legalizo en el sistema y ya. Igual la vieron por ambos lados y no dijeron nada. Pero el si es de Buenos Aires. No se si influya. Igual dejanos saber.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

No me fije si la de mi comprometido tiene ese o no pero cuando fui a apostillar en el Colegio de Escribanos solo se fijaron si tenian la firma de quien la legalizo en el sistema y ya. Igual la vieron por ambos lados y no dijeron nada. Pero el si es de Buenos Aires. No se si influya. Igual dejanos saber.

Tenías la partida paga que pediste online? O la gratuita online? 

Just now, Fla&Mark said:

Tenías la partida paga que pediste online? O la gratuita online? 

Teniamos la original de cuando nacio. La que pedimos online si pagamos por ella pero esa no la legalizan ni apostillan o sea la que es solo digital.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

@Andrea + Gaston Were you able to resolve your apostille as well?  How is it going?

@Fla&Mark Any updates?

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Created this thread to continue to help others with POE in Miami in general.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

18 hours ago, Fla&Mark said:

Good afternoon to everyone .. I'll tell you a little about my experience for future reference and to see if someone went through the same or can help me.

I went to legalize my birth certificate to the Ministry of the Interior, without problems ... it is super fast, it is not paid. The agent who attended me made an observation, that my record on the back says "free" (I understand that they issue it when they register you) and even if they stamp it the same, BELIEVE that the foreign ministry does not include these birth certificates " free. "

Effectively, together with the seal on the back of the record, it says something like "sealed exemption".

To be on the safe side, I asked for the birth certificate at the following link:

I paid for the game twice, since the first one I did with the option "I have the information" and they gave it back to me as if they had not found it. Again, to speed up I made the request that contained the search for it and they answered me yesterday as they do not find it.

I looked at the mail carefully and the link and there is no way to make a claim online.

Did someone happen to him? Does it have to do with what I was born inside? Anyone could apostille a "free" birth certificate?

I already see that I have to go to one of the community offices to make the claim .. 

Thanks in advance to everyone! 

We chose the paid version of the certified copy but also had the original birth certificate with all the info (minutes, barrio, parents names and DNIs, etc.) so they found it no problem. Not sure if it needs to be the paid version for apostille. We chose paid as it said something like "for foreign use" and just sounded more official. Hope this helps!

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

Interview - 8/29/2019 

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023

2 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

@Andrea + Gaston Were you able to resolve your apostille as well?  How is it going?

@Fla&Mark Any updates?

We got our acta legalized yesterday morning. We printed the digital version we received from https://www.buenosaires.gob.ar/tramites/solicitud-de-partidas and had no problems.

Something very important to note though is with the digital version of the acta, they send you 2 pdfs to download. One is the actual birth certificate copy + another page with a receipt/reference #, the other is the certification saying it's from the civil registry. So you must print and bring all 3 pages. The attendant told us this is required for the digital versions to be legalized.

We are planning to apostille at Las Heras either next week or maybe earlyJuly. We are in no rush as we don't even have P3 yet, so we're doing a lot in advance :) 

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

Interview - 8/29/2019 

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023

Timeline

So my fiance got her Acta de nacimiento legalized, apostiled and translated. The only thing we are not sure about is that she was told that is better to have the translated document now apostiled as well. Any thoughts on this guys?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.