andreaam

Argentinians AOS fillers

928 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ointeina said:

When you gave your acta de nacimiento and then your visa was issued, did they return your original acta de nacimiento when you picked up your passport with the visa at the ASC?

Or do they never give you back your original acta de nacimiento once it's given to the embassy?

Hey there! 

I gave my original Acta de Nacimiento at the interview and they gave it back to me when they approved me that same day. They didn’t keep it. 

It will be nice if you can share your experience in the other thread so you can help future readers :)

Edited by andreaam

16 hours ago, andreaam said:

Yo creo que se puede hacer fácilmente en dos semanas. Para la entrevista no lo necesitas de esta forma. Con que esté en español sirve. Lo pueden hacer después de la entrevista una vez que se saquen el peso de la misma de encima jaja. Pero ustedes deciden 

Si, tienes razon.  Prefiero tomarlo una cosa a la vez asi no me vuelvo loca! :) 

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

4 hours ago, andreaam said:

Hey there! 

I gave my original Acta de Nacimiento at the interview and they gave it back to me when they approved me that same day. They didn’t keep it. 

It will be nice if you can share your experience in the other thread so you can help future readers :)

Ah thank you very much for your answer!

I'm asking because at my fiancé's interview, they approved him but said that they needed a fix on his acta which we would have to deliver to the embassy before they issued the visa.

A few days after that, his visa got issued and is now ready for pickup but I am still under the impression that he has to get  the fixed acta as the error that was fixed is something that could cause problems in future filing.

So now my question is, when he delivers the fixed acta to the embassy, will and if so how will they get the fixed acta back to him?

Timeline
3 hours ago, Ointeina said:

Ah thank you very much for your answer!

I'm asking because at my fiancé's interview, they approved him but said that they needed a fix on his acta which we would have to deliver to the embassy before they issued the visa.

A few days after that, his visa got issued and is now ready for pickup but I am still under the impression that he has to get  the fixed acta as the error that was fixed is something that could cause problems in future filing.

So now my question is, when he delivers the fixed acta to the embassy, will and if so how will they get the fixed acta back to him?

Okay I understand your concern. You should email the embassy because is something unique to your situation. Or maybe when he delivers the Acta, he can ask there what would happen with it. 

Sorry for not having a better answer. I think your issue requires a specific response. 

Put this is the P3/interview thread but thought it would be helpful here as well...

For those who need their birth certificates from CABA, here is the info I found:

FIRST

To obtain your Acta (if you don't have the original): https://www.buenosaires.gob.ar/tramites/solicitud-de-partidas and select "Partidas pagas" so you get a certified copy. They will email you a PDF or you can pick it up at your closest civil registry. Cost: $315 pesos

SECOND

Once you have the Acta, you must legalize it with the Ministry of the Interior (Av. Leandro N. Alem 150): https://legalizaciones.mininterior.gob.ar/public/controller/index.php Enter your info and then select a date and time to appear in person to have it legalized. Cost: free

THIRD

To use your Acta in the U.S. (for AOS/EAD/AP, etc.), it must be apostilled with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Esmeralda 1214): https://www.argentina.gob.ar/legalizar-o-apostillar-un-documento Same as above, enter your info and select a date and time to appear in person to have it apostilled. Cost: $300 pesos 

FOURTH

Translate everything (including apostille) into English using a certified translator. We used https://www.daytranslations.com/ for other documents we're submitting. We scanned everything, uploaded it, and had the full translation/certification in 24 hours. 

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

Timeline
On 5/6/2019 at 5:15 AM, Ointeina said:

Hey @Fernanda R Sanz!

When you gave your acta de nacimiento and then your visa was issued, did they return your original acta de nacimiento when you picked up your passport with the visa at the ASC?

Or do they never give you back your original acta de nacimiento once it's given to the embassy?

Sorry, for the delay. They returned my acta de nacimiento inside a white envelope, on the outside saied my name with the title "personal documents".Separated from the brown closed envelope, that is the envelope you should not open. 

Timeline

@Andrea + Gaston

On 5/6/2019 at 6:15 PM, Andrea + Gaston said:

Put this is the P3/interview thread but thought it would be helpful here as well...

For those who need their birth certificates from CABA, here is the info I found:

FIRST

To obtain your Acta (if you don't have the original): https://www.buenosaires.gob.ar/tramites/solicitud-de-partidas and select "Partidas pagas" so you get a certified copy. They will email you a PDF or you can pick it up at your closest civil registry. Cost: $315 pesos

SECOND

Once you have the Acta, you must legalize it with the Ministry of the Interior (Av. Leandro N. Alem 150): https://legalizaciones.mininterior.gob.ar/public/controller/index.php Enter your info and then select a date and time to appear in person to have it legalized. Cost: free

THIRD

To use your Acta in the U.S. (for AOS/EAD/AP, etc.), it must be apostilled with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Esmeralda 1214): https://www.argentina.gob.ar/legalizar-o-apostillar-un-documento Same as above, enter your info and select a date and time to appear in person to have it apostilled. Cost: $300 pesos 

FOURTH

Translate everything (including apostille) into English using a certified translator. We used https://www.daytranslations.com/ for other documents we're submitting. We scanned everything, uploaded it, and had the full translation/certification in 24 hours. 

Do you know if the link to daytranslations.com is also a good source for translating university transcripts and course descriptions?

@Javier Mera Hmm..I'm not sure. They do have a WhatsApp # you can text and their customer service was great whenever I had questions. I'd ask them directly about your specific situation :)

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

Interview - 8/29/2019 

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023

Timeline
2 hours ago, Andrea + Gaston said:

@Javier Mera Hmm..I'm not sure. They do have a WhatsApp # you can text and their customer service was great whenever I had questions. I'd ask them directly about your specific situation :)

Will do. Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi everyone! Just wanted to say hi, we are submitting our AOS etc. next week. This thread has already helped us a bunch with being sure to include everything. Good luck and talk soon!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Gente a ver si me pueden ayudar.

Estoy legalizando todos mis papeles para después no tener que hacerlo desde allá.

Mi acta de nacimiento es de Junin (provincia de buenos aires) y tiene el sello del "registro de las personas - delegación Junin".

Mi pregunta es, tengo que seguir los pasos de Ministerio del interior - ministerio de relaciones exteriores - traduccion

o es Registro civil de la ciudad - Escribanos - Traducción - Apostillado

Gracias!

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Fla&Mark said:

Estoy legalizando todos mis papeles para después no tener que hacerlo desde allá.

Mi acta de nacimiento es de Junin (provincia de buenos aires) y tiene el sello del "registro de las personas - delegación Junin".

Mi pregunta es, tengo que seguir los pasos de Ministerio del interior - ministerio de relaciones exteriores - traduccion

Gracias!

Hola

En mi opinion es, asi como esta certificado por el reistro de Junin, vas al "Ministerio del interior" y luego "Cancilleria" (que necesita que el documento pase primero por el ministerio del interior si o si). Luego la traduccion 

Saludos

Fernando

Timeline
Just now, Fer&Nancy said:

Hola

En mi opinion es, asi como esta certificado por el reistro de Junin, vas al "Ministerio del interior" y luego "Cancilleria" (que necesita que el documento pase primero por el ministerio del interior si o si). Luego la traduccion 

Saludos

Fernando

Gracias Fernando! 

20 minutes ago, Fla&Mark said:

Gracias!

Saw your post on the other thread but I'll answer here :)

We also have the "registro de las personas" delegation on my fiancé's birth certificate from CABA. My understanding is this verifies where the birth certificate came from but does not legalize it. You can only do that at the Ministry of Interior and they will give you the stamps and signatures you need (see attached). After it's legalized you can apostille it at Cancilleria and have it translated for use abroad (in our cases, for AOS).

Long story short, we are getting it legalized and apostilled in Argentina before he comes to the States. 

Hope this helps!!

Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 2.25.55 PM.png

Edited by Andrea + Gaston

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

Interview - 8/29/2019 

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.