aqb

AOS - Checklist Confirmation

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone! My apologizes ahead of time for the repetitive nature of this post. I'd just like some 

confirmation for some peace of mind, that I haven't overlooked anything and if I have everything I need =) Thank you!

My application is as a K1 Visa 

______________________________________________________________________________________

1 Cover Letter / Table of Content of the following; 

Form I-485 (Application to Adjust Status)

Payment check in the amount of $1,225 made payable to U.S Department of Homeland Security
Form G-1145, Request for e-Notification  

Two (2) passport-style photos of the applicant  
Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status 
Copy of the applicant's passport (biographical page)  
Copy of K-1 Visa in passport & USA entry stamp 
Copy of I-797 Notice of Approval for the I-129F Petition  
Copy of Paper I-94 from point of entry 
Copy of Electronic I-94 Admission Record 
Copy of Birth Certificate 
Copy of Marriage Certificate 
Copy of Vaccination Documentation Worksheet, Form DS-3025 

Form I-864 (Affidavit of Support)

Form I-864 signed by the petitioner; 
Copy of the petitioner’s birth certificate as proof of U.S. citizenship
Copy of petitioner’s tax account transcript (from IRS) for year 2018 - year 2019
Pay stubs

Form I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization)

Form G-1145 (E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance); 
Form I-765 signed by the applicant 

Form I-131 (Application for Travel Document)

Form I-131 signed by the applicant 

Thank you again!

24 minutes ago, aqb said:

Hey everyone! My apologizes ahead of time for the repetitive nature of this post. I'd just like some 

confirmation for some peace of mind, that I haven't overlooked anything and if I have everything I need 😃 Thank you!

My application is as a K1 Visa 

______________________________________________________________________________________

1 Cover Letter / Table of Content of the following; 

Form I-485 (Application to Adjust Status)

Payment check in the amount of $1,225 made payable to U.S Department of Homeland Security
Form G-1145, Request for e-Notification  

Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status 
Copy of Paper I-94 from point of entry Dont need both
Copy of Vaccination Documentation Worksheet, Form DS-3025 

Form I-864 (Affidavit of Support)

Form I-864 signed by the petitioner; 
Copy of the petitioner’s birth certificate as proof of U.S. citizenship
Copy of petitioner’s tax account transcript (from IRS) for year 2018 - year 2019
Pay stubs only need paystubs if you reported your employment income as your current income in question 7 instead of your reported tax income in question 7. If you did, 6 months of current paystubs should be supported by an Employment Verification letter. If you didnt, you dont need paystubs or EVL at all.

Form I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization)

Form I-765 signed by the applicant 
Copy of the applicant's passport

(biographical page) 

Form I-131 (Application for Travel Document)

Form I-131 signed by the applicant 

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

You don't need all that extra stuff for the i765/i131

We're just gonna have to disagree on that today my dear. I'm too tired to explain it again today.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, K1visaHopeful said:

We're just gonna have to disagree on that today my dear. I'm too tired to explain it again today.

Don't need to.  I have an approved i485/i131/i765 in my previous life.

YMMV

Just now, payxibka said:

Don't need to.  I have an approved i485/i131/i765 in my previous life.

And I had an RFIE in my previous life too so hence the extra precautionary measures 😉

Timeline

"only need paystubs if you reported your employment income as your current income in question 7 instead of your reported tax income in question 7. If you did, 6 months of current paystubs should be supported by an Employment Verification letter. If you didnt, you dont need paystubs or EVL at all."

So how exactly would I differentiate between whether it's employment income verses reported tax income in the same box that asks, "My current indvidual annual income" 

would I just leave it blank and just use the "Federal Income Tax Return Information" portion?

Also, where does it say we need 6 months of current paystubs and employment verification letter? 

Thank you again for your time and effort!

As for the additional items for i-131 and i-765. I'll assume that you don't technically need it since it doesn't mention in the instructions, but an unlucky stroke of a picky officer will argue otherwise. So I'll probably include it to not test my luck. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

it seems that there is always a debate about what documents are needed for an AOS. in the end, I decided to included all the documents that I had for AOS (especially for Form i-485) which could prove the legit of our wedding and the financial capabilities of the sponsor. that's why i also submit the wedding documentation and pay stubs with tax document also.

today we have been interviewed and approved without RFE

ulang lagi 2.jpg

51 minutes ago, aqb said:

"only need paystubs if you reported your employment income as your current income in question 7 instead of your reported tax income in question 7. If you did, 6 months of current paystubs should be supported by an Employment Verification letter. If you didnt, you dont need paystubs or EVL at all."

So how exactly would I differentiate between whether it's employment income verses reported tax income in the same box that asks, "My current indvidual annual income" 

would I just leave it blank and just use the "Federal Income Tax Return Information" portion?

Also, where does it say we need 6 months of current paystubs and employment verification letter? 

Thank you again for your time and effort!

As for the additional items for i-131 and i-765. I'll assume that you don't technically need it since it doesn't mention in the instructions, but an unlucky stroke of a picky officer will argue otherwise. So I'll probably include it to not test my luck. 

You would input the employment income that was reported on your EVL in question 7 and then have 6 months worth of paystubs to prove you were on your way to earning that annual amount predicted on your EVL.

You wouldnt report both employement income and tax income in question 7. You would pick which was better. And provide the documents that prove that. 

The I864 instructions say:

"You may include evidence supporting your claim about your expected income for the current year if you believe that submitting this evidence will help you establish ability to maintain sufficient income. You are not required to submit this evidence, however, unless specifically instructed to do so by a U.S. Government official. For example, you may include a recent letter from your employer, showing your employer’s address and telephone number, and indicating your annual salary. (The I134 instructions go into better detail on what they are looking for in an employment verification letter). You may also provide pay stubs showing your income for the previous six months. If your claimed income includes alimony, child support, dividend or interest income, or income from any other source, you may also include evidence of that income."

If you think about it closely, how does an EVL alone prove that you actually are going to make that amount that it states you will? You would provide current paystubs (it mentions 6 months) to prove your current income and that you really work there.. Or how does 6 months worth of paystubs alone prove how long you've worked there? They wouldnt. The EVL would by the info it's required to contain (how long employed and whether part time or full). Both inconjunction with each other is best. Again, precautionary measure in interpreting what the I864 instructions really state. 

I received an RFIE for all of the highlighted documents excluding the I797 AFTER I had already submitted them with my original application which is why I know they are required documents.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

All those extra documents are not on the VJ checklist for the i765 / i131.  Most people here follow the VJ checklist and are successful.   If everyone who followed the checklist got RFEs then members would be screaming.  One person getting an RFE versus thousands.   Be guided accordingly 

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
13 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Pay stubs only need paystubs if you reported your employment income as your current income in question 7 instead of your reported tax income in question 7. If you did, 6 months of current paystubs should be supported by an Employment Verification letter. If you didnt, you dont need paystubs or EVL at all.

There seems to be confusion about what income to put in Part 6 #7. Luckily, the instructions are crystal clear and provide the correct answer. You wouldn't write income reported on tax returns on #7.

Item Number 7. Current Individual Annual Income. Type or print your current, individual, earned or retirement, annual income that you are using to meet the requirements of this affidavit and indicate the total in the space provided. You may include evidence supporting your claim about your expected income for the current year if you believe that submitting this evidence will help you establish ability to maintain sufficient income. You are not required to submit this evidence, however, unless specifically instructed to do so by a U.S. Government official. For example, you may include a recent letter from your employer, showing your employer’s address and telephone number, and indicating your annual salary. You may also provide pay stubs showing your income for the previous six months. If your claimed income includes alimony, child support, dividend or interest income, or income from any other source, you may also include evidence of that income.

Part 6 #7 is your projected income for the current year, based on your salary or hourly wage, as evidenced by the Employment verification letter and pay stubs. You DO NOT enter income reported on tax returns for Part 6 #7. Income reported on tax returns is limited to Part 6 #s 24a-c.

All of that being said, I'm sure some people put reported tax income in part 6 #7, and they probably didn't have any issues. But still, instructions are clear.

Edited by junkmart

c9 AOS Concurrently filed I-130 & I-130A, I-485, I-131, I-765

2019-02-21 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx

2019-03-09 Notice received via USPS

2019-03-15 Biometrics Appointment Notice received

2019-03-26 Attended Biometrics Appointment

2019-04-01 Case is ready to to be scheduled for an interview

2019-04-22 Interview Notice received via USPS

2019-05-20 Interview: Approved after 82 days.

2019-05-21 Card in production

2019-05-22 Card was mailed to you (no tracking)

2019-05-29 Green Card in hand.

I-751 Removal of Conditions

2021-03-23 Package Sent via FedEx

2021-04-01 Package Received Texas Service Center

2021-04-21 I-797C Notice Date

2021-04-26 Notice Received via USPS

2021-05-04 Biometrics were reused

2021-11-16 New card is being produced

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
12 hours ago, payxibka said:

All those extra documents are not on the VJ checklist for the i765 / i131.  Most people here follow the VJ checklist and are successful.   If everyone who followed the checklist got RFEs then members would be screaming.  One person getting an RFE versus thousands.   Be guided accordingly 

Why not include more than necessary just in case? I just saw another person get an RFE for a marriage certificate for an EAD *renewal*. 

Obviously I-485 is required in this case. I-485 is based on marriage. Here's the I-485 (or NOA for I-485), and here's the supporting evidence for why I have I-485 in the first place. Don't need it? Toss it. 

There's no reason not to cover all of the bases, unless you're trying to save on printing costs. Plenty of people get approved without it, sure, but doing your best to avoid any possible RFE is just never a bad idea. 

2015-11-23: Last TN received at CBP

2017-06-12: Married

2018-06-25: Mailed I-485, I-864, I-130/I-130A, and I-765 to USCIS

2018-07-24: Biometrics appointment

2018-08-28: Expedite request submitted for EAD via USCIS support line

2018-09-21: EAD and SSN received in the mail

2018-10-31: Interview is scheduled

2018-11-21: Last TN expired

2018-12-11: AOS Interview - Card is being produced

2018-12-18: Green Card received

------------------

2020-09-23: Mailed I-751 to USCIS

2020-10-03: 18-month extension NOA 

2020-10-15: Biometrics from AOS applied to ROC

2020-12-11: Conditional green card expired 

2021-05-17: Card is being produced

2021-05-24: Green Card received

------------------

2021-09-14: Online application for N-400

2022-05-04: Interview is scheduled

2022-06-13: N-400 Interview

2022-06-13: Immediate oath & naturalization certificate!

That tax account transcript should be a tax RETURN transcript. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
2 hours ago, junkmart said:

There seems to be confusion about what income to put in Part 6 #7. Luckily, the instructions are crystal clear and provide the correct answer. You wouldn't write income reported on tax returns on #7.

Item Number 7. Current Individual Annual Income. Type or print your current, individual, earned or retirement, annual income that you are using to meet the requirements of this affidavit and indicate the total in the space provided. You may include evidence supporting your claim about your expected income for the current year if you believe that submitting this evidence will help you establish ability to maintain sufficient income. You are not required to submit this evidence, however, unless specifically instructed to do so by a U.S. Government official. For example, you may include a recent letter from your employer, showing your employer’s address and telephone number, and indicating your annual salary. You may also provide pay stubs showing your income for the previous six months. If your claimed income includes alimony, child support, dividend or interest income, or income from any other source, you may also include evidence of that income.

Part 6 #7 is your projected income for the current year, based on your salary or hourly wage, as evidenced by the Employment verification letter and pay stubs. You DO NOT enter income reported on tax returns for Part 6 #7. Income reported on tax returns is limited to Part 6 #s 24a-c.

All of that being said, I'm sure some people put reported tax income in part 6 #7, and they probably didn't have any issues. But still, instructions are clear.

Thank you for the clarification. So does You are not required to submit this evidence, however, unless specifically instructed to do so by a U.S. Government official. Refer to filling item 7. Or that the supporting evidence for item 7 is optional. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.