2,108 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
20 hours ago, Loo1 said:

This confuses me so much! I applied on the EAD application, I called my SSA office (EAD was approved 2 weeks ago) and they said it didn’t matter that I needed to go down to get an SSN number- any else been told that? 

Did they tell you if they have received your request for an SSN via USCIS EAD application?

Timeline
19 hours ago, ds2 said:

It got delivered today!!!! I have my EAD combo card in my hand I can't believe it.

My wife says "Marry someone who looks at you the way you look at your EAD card" lol!

Congratulations 🎉👏

Timeline
3 hours ago, amalam said:

😝😝 my EAD combo card got unlucky for arriving at the same time with my Green card! :v

I wud say such a waste of resources. 🙄 A piece of plastic that is of no use now since u already have ur green card. Congratulations on your GC. Relief for 1.5 years now. 😄😝

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Liflead said:

Did they tell you if they have received your request for an SSN via USCIS EAD application?

The guy on the phone was pretty rude to be honest. He wouldn’t give me any information. Even when him I had applied through the EAD application which had been approved, he said it didn’t matter, and told me I needed to go down.
Spent my morning down there today, what the guy didn’t tell me on the phone-SSN had been an issued!!! However, immigration had omitted some information required for SSN (city of birth, parents info). They guy I dealt with today, was really helpful, he didn’t understand why the information wasn’t provided by immigration when they had it-story of my life with this whole process it seems!! Anyway he can do some magic to correct it, it might just take a little longer to get the physical card but he gave me the number. 

Edited by Loo1

Timeline
1 hour ago, Buketty said:

EAD now at hand had to open a case with USPS for losing it. 

USPS lost it? 😳 Did you track using the tracking number?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone! I hope you guys had a good one.

I just wanna crowdsource some honest advices/opinions, whatever you may call it.  My I-485 status just changed today to "Interview was scheduled" after 203 days from the day I filed.  I just got my EAD combo card 30 days ago as well. I haven't done my medical yet because I was waiting to receive a RFE or courtesy letter for it.  Now that I know that my Interview has been scheduled (who knows when 🙄) Should I or not plan to book an appointment now to get my medical done? Should I just wait for a courtesy letter and a RFE??

let me know what you guys think.

thank you

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
11 hours ago, DaehanMingukManse said:

I just wanna crowdsource some honest advices/opinions, whatever you may call it.  My I-485 status just changed today to "Interview was scheduled" after 203 days from the day I filed.  I just got my EAD combo card 30 days ago as well. I haven't done my medical yet because I was waiting to receive a RFE or courtesy letter for it.  Now that I know that my Interview has been scheduled (who knows when 🙄) Should I or not plan to book an appointment now to get my medical done? Should I just wait for a courtesy letter and a RFE??

thank you

I waited until I received the interview letter that had the date/time of the interview. The physical takes about 4 business days for the physician to get the results back from the blood and tb tests. May need additional time if some results come back abnormal. They usually send the letter with the interview date/time about 5-6 weeks out.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
18 hours ago, DaehanMingukManse said:

thank you

As d previous 1 expired

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 hours ago, NatalieM said:

I waited until I received the interview letter that had the date/time of the interview. The physical takes about 4 business days for the physician to get the results back from the blood and tb tests. May need additional time if some results come back abnormal. They usually send the letter with the interview date/time about 5-6 weeks out.

Awesome! Thank you so much and Congratulations by the way.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.