2,108 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Liflead said:

Did you expedite? If yes, how long did it take for them to approve after you sent the required documents (like offer letter or other documents)?

No expedite request.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
15 hours ago, DaehanMingukManse said:

Hey there.  I received an update the very next day that the request has been received and 5 days later they approved it.  I attached my own tracker below if you're interested :D

Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 6.01.58 PM.png

Congratulations! Did they ever take your expediting request officially and u received any email asking for supporting documents?

Is that Excel sheetshot in the attachment created by you or is there a status u checked somewhere in that format?

:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Liflead said:

Congratulations! Did they ever take your expediting request officially and u received any email asking for supporting documents?

Is that Excel sheetshot in the attachment created by you or is there a status u checked somewhere in that format?

Congratulations what proof did you give ?

2 hours ago, NoodleW said:

My husband and I had our interview yesterday at the San Antonio field office. It lasted less than 15 minutes and it was pretty nice, we have been approved! Funnily enough my EAD was approved two days before the interview. Check out my timeline for more detail and I hope it helps. This thread/forum has helped a lot through all the stressful waiting, thanks everyone for sharing your timelines and experiences on here!

What question  did they ask? Congratulations!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Vgmay2019 said:

What question  did they ask? Congratulations!!!

Thanks! The officer asked how met, how my parents feel about me being in the US, then she asked me yes or no questions from form I-485 and confirmed some of our info and birth dates, we told her a little bit about our wedding day. Then she took and kept some photos of our wedding and asked us for our shared assets (we had our cars insurances with both our names on them, renters insurance and lease agreement) and that was it :)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Liflead said:

-YES, they did. I received an email that the expedite has been completed.

- NO, they didn't ask me any supporting documents.

1 hour ago, Liflead said:

-The screenshot was mine.  I made my own tracker so I can take notes or something. :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 hour ago, DaehanMingukManse said:

How can you send an expedited request for EAD?

2 minutes ago, Joey.C said:

Can you do it online?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Joey.C said:

23 minutes ago, Joey.C said:

Can you do it online?

-Hey,

You can request for an expedite through calling USCIS and for my experience I did it with "Emma" which is like their virtual online assistant in their website.  Just make sure to call them within their normal office hours.  

I advice you to read some articles online about expediting, or even here on VisaJourney there's a lot.  I just can't link any right now as I'm running errands but you can just search it.  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I did tried to expedite my EAD on 10/16 on the phone call. 

A week later I got a letter which I expected they will ask for supporting documents and fax to them.

On the letter, it just said your case is expediting and we will make a decision shortly. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
3 hours ago, paulmit said:

I did tried to expedite my EAD on 10/16 on the phone call. 

A week later I got a letter which I expected they will ask for supporting documents and fax to them.

On the letter, it just said your case is expediting and we will make a decision shortly. 

Aren’t you supposed to fax them evidence before they make a decision?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Biffa said:

Aren’t you supposed to fax them evidence before they make a decision?

I thought so too but the mail doesn't tell me anything about sending documents or fax information 

Timeline
Just now, paulmit said:

I thought so too but the mail doesn't tell me anything about sending documents or fax information 

Maybe check your emails 

Timeline
Just now, Biffa said:

Maybe check your emails 

No I checked too. I got notification that they are processing my expedite. Nothing else. Very strange.

Timeline
Just now, paulmit said:

No I checked too. I got notification that they are processing my expedite. Nothing else. Very strange.

Strange. Well let us know if it ends up getting approved!

Timeline

Received online status and tracking number that my wife’s EAD/AP card has shipped!

May 24: USCIS Receipt Date for EAD and AP, no online changes EVER until now

Oct 29: I-765/I-131 Approval (no online change)

Oct 30: Contacted USCIS via online chat who said both EAD and AP were approved yesterday.

Oct 31: Nuthin’

Nov 1: Online change on I-765 ONLY that new card has shipped.  Expected to be EAD/AP Combo card.

Nov 4: Expected delivery date.

is USCIS pretty good about making sure the EAD/AP is on one card?  They don’t forget about adding the AP on there, have they?

Edited by DWolf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.