Kozano96

K1 visa, my fiancé left me.

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi. As the title says, my fiancé left me. I’m still trying to process it, comprehend it. I’m only posting here because, is there anything official I’m supposed to do in this kind of situation? Like maybe contact them somehow and let them know of the situation or just let this go and let the case expire? Or what? Two days after he told me, we had gotten our letter of approval for our I129F, our NOA2. And now our stuff is going through the NVC. I’ve just had to work up the courage to type this. Please let me know. Maybe this is a silly question to ask, but just please let me know, thank you all, you’ve been so helpful through this entire process, even this end of it. 

Are you the beneficiary or petitioner? 

If beneficiary, don’t do anything if the embassy contacts you. 

If petitioner, withdraw the I-129f by writing to USCIS. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Kozano96 said:

Hi. As the title says, my fiancé left me. I’m still trying to process it, comprehend it. I’m only posting here because, is there anything official I’m supposed to do in this kind of situation? Like maybe contact them somehow and let them know of the situation or just let this go and let the case expire? Or what? Two days after he told me, we had gotten our letter of approval for our I129F, our NOA2. And now our stuff is going through the NVC. I’ve just had to work up the courage to type this. Please let me know. Maybe this is a silly question to ask, but just please let me know, thank you all, you’ve been so helpful through this entire process, even this end of it. 

Sorry to hear that. You can call and write to NVC, and suggest the same to the embassy the petition would go to after NVC and explain how you want to withdraw/cancel the petition. Don't assume it will just expire as there have been cases where the petition stays active long after it was supposed to expire. That being said, before you do this, make sure you two are officially separated, worst thing would be to write and cancel it then few days later realize you still want to be together and end up having to start all over again. So make sure what's happening for sure between you two, then if it's still over, mail/email/call NVC and the embassy to inform them so it can be canceled approrpriately.

Edit: Good point made above. If you're the USC you can mail/call/email and get it canceled.. If you're the beneficiary, then the USC has to do it.

Edited by Ben&Zian

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Kozano96 said:

Did you let him know you got 129F approval? The wait can be taxing on any relationship. I suggest you talk and figure out where you stand. If it is over, you can write notice of withdrawal to USCIS and to NVC.

I am sorry you have to go through this especially when 2 of you were so close. Good luck whatever happens! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Gregor Hanston said:

You can write to USCIS and state that you are withdrawing the petition. Sorry this has happened.

Uscis processing is complete.  The withdrawal needs to go wherever the file currently is.

YMMV

Sorry to hear this happened to you, happened to me the first time I was engaged but it ended up for the best as I met someone that I am much more compatible with.  Payxibka is right,  that is what the NVC told me when I contacted them because I thought they still had my file but they said that since it was already forwarded to the embassy I would have to contact the embassy.

Keep in mind that one you cancel an approved I129f you are supposed to wait two years to apply again or ask for a waiver. This was a nice surprise out of the blue for me since it had not been 2 years for me and even though I answered the RFE for the waiver in a couple of days, it delayed my approval for over a month.

Good luck with everything!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.