Greenbaum

MAY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,080 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Most CO's are nice and their approach is serious which some equate to "demanding". Your case is already approved the co just needs to follow up on certain items and those items no can tell you what they are. The CO is their because they have access to the local culture and where they apply them to everyone's case. Your goal is to convince the CO that you have a bonafide relationship and that you are not trying to commit fraud. If you are straight forward with your answers, look the CO in the eyes when answering and be truthful. If asked a question you don't know the answer would be that you don't know. Never make something up. Keep any answers short and to the point. They use a rambling conversation to their advantages and can pick up something that may lead them down a different path then you wanted them to. Good luck.

We've been married for 10 yrs (together for 13yrs), 2 children together, so I do not think proving or marriage is bona fide should be a problem then. Thank you.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Well.... I am not thrilled with the interview's outcome. But, it could be much worse...

She left with a 221(g) letter and a checklist of documents to submit.

Verbally, the CO only requested 6 months of WeChat messages. But, the checklist she was given included a few more items.

They checked each of the following:

• A notarized letter explaining the nature of our relationship. When the relationship began, the history of the relationship to the present.
  • Photographs showing progression of relationship with petitioner. Please indicate where and when each was taken. (She went in with a photo album and had post it notes on photos for where and when each was taken. So, I found this request surprising. Maybe it was because the post it notes were written in Chinese?)
  • Evidence of correspondence over time. (emails, text/WeChat records).
  • Photocopy of all pages of petitioner's passport.
  • Evidence of remittances sent by petitioner.

I would have preferred an approval. But, I took this as good news since these are all documents that I have archived/saved. 

Do you think that she will be approved after they receive all of the documents on their checklist??? 

In the past few days I....

• In the initial petition (I-129f) there was a letter similar to the one they ask for (describing how the relationship developed). Since it was written last September it will require some additional information/editing/work and will need to be notarized...
  • I have been organizing the photos into a booklet. Right now I have 13 pages. Two of the pages have one photo, most pages have between 3 and 5 photos... The pages are organized by time (oldest to newest) and where/when they were taken... So, for example... there is a page that I labeled ... "At Times Square and MOMA (July 2018)" and 4 photos from there....  .... another page is  "In Guilin... (April 2019) .... and 5 photos there..
    • Question... Are these types of labels detailed enough? Should I try to label each individual photo (even if it would be the same as others on the same page)? Is giving the month and year sufficient?  (I could guess the day for most of them....based on where they are in my Google Photos. )
  • Correspondence over time. I might have went overboard. But, I also did not want to take any chances. I have 7 months of WeChat and SMS messages. Formatted each page into two columns.... Had it printed and spiral bound at the local office store.... Approximately 125 pages printed on both sides (if I printed it single sided it would have been 270 pages)... Probably overkill. But, it looks really nice. If they return it to us it will make a nice keepsake. If not, I can print out another one (I still have my original PDF document that I sent to the printer....)
    • Thoughts??? Overkill or not enough? I could do more... 
  • Photocopies of all pages of passport... Easy... I got this...
  • Evidence of remittances sent... 
    • She mentioned during the interview that I used Western Union to send the Visa application fee to her.... I can only guess that this is the remittance they are referring to. (Since that is the only time that I sent cash to her...) I just printed out the copy of my Western Union receipt..

Does it sound like I am on the right track?

37 minutes ago, JoeMc said:

Well.... I am not thrilled with the interview's outcome. But, it could be much worse...

She left with a 221(g) letter and a checklist of documents to submit.

Verbally, the CO only requested 6 months of WeChat messages. But, the checklist she was given included a few more items.

They checked each of the following:

• A notarized letter explaining the nature of our relationship. When the relationship began, the history of the relationship to the present.
  • Photographs showing progression of relationship with petitioner. Please indicate where and when each was taken. (She went in with a photo album and had post it notes on photos for where and when each was taken. So, I found this request surprising. Maybe it was because the post it notes were written in Chinese?)
  • Evidence of correspondence over time. (emails, text/WeChat records).
  • Photocopy of all pages of petitioner's passport.
  • Evidence of remittances sent by petitioner.

I would have preferred an approval. But, I took this as good news since these are all documents that I have archived/saved. 

Do you think that she will be approved after they receive all of the documents on their checklist??? 

In the past few days I....

• In the initial petition (I-129f) there was a letter similar to the one they ask for (describing how the relationship developed). Since it was written last September it will require some additional information/editing/work and will need to be notarized...
  • I have been organizing the photos into a booklet. Right now I have 13 pages. Two of the pages have one photo, most pages have between 3 and 5 photos... The pages are organized by time (oldest to newest) and where/when they were taken... So, for example... there is a page that I labeled ... "At Times Square and MOMA (July 2018)" and 4 photos from there....  .... another page is  "In Guilin... (April 2019) .... and 5 photos there..
    • Question... Are these types of labels detailed enough? Should I try to label each individual photo (even if it would be the same as others on the same page)? Is giving the month and year sufficient?  (I could guess the day for most of them....based on where they are in my Google Photos. )
  • Correspondence over time. I might have went overboard. But, I also did not want to take any chances. I have 7 months of WeChat and SMS messages. Formatted each page into two columns.... Had it printed and spiral bound at the local office store.... Approximately 125 pages printed on both sides (if I printed it single sided it would have been 270 pages)... Probably overkill. But, it looks really nice. If they return it to us it will make a nice keepsake. If not, I can print out another one (I still have my original PDF document that I sent to the printer....)
    • Thoughts??? Overkill or not enough? I could do more... 
  • Photocopies of all pages of passport... Easy... I got this...
  • Evidence of remittances sent... 
    • She mentioned during the interview that I used Western Union to send the Visa application fee to her.... I can only guess that this is the remittance they are referring to. (Since that is the only time that I sent cash to her...) I just printed out the copy of my Western Union receipt..

Does it sound like I am on the right track?

Yes. At this point they now have said "maybe" and not denied. So, bring out the big guns and give them everthing they want. But just what they want. If you have friends who somehow know about your relationship it wouldn't hurt to send 2 of those, and notarized. Keep going

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

@JoeMc You really have overcome several obstacles already.  Like Greenbaum said, this is a "maybe" and not a "no" so hopefully it's just the last thing you have to overcome.  Hang in there and good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! Just want to give update, had my interview today and i passed. Thank you so much everyone as this site really helps me a lot especially those “waiting time journey”.  Good luck to those who are waiting for interview appointment! 

On 8/23/2019 at 1:32 PM, Greenbaum said:

Once your case shows "Ready" then you email the consulate and request an interview. Include your name, fiancés name, case number and that you're looking to schedule a K1 Fiance Visa interview. I heard they'll email you back within 2 weeks or so but some have heard back the same day that they sent the email. 

I have been  emailing Casablanca consulate for over a month now, no reply and no interview date :(

Edited by zai93

Filed petition mid February 2019, NOA2 received mid May, visa approval 10th September! Wahoo. We could have got the medical and interview done much sooner but not planning on moving until December. Best of luck to everyone still waiting for progress with their case or are waiting nervously for their interviews ❤️

Timeline

An update:

Today my fiance' received all of the documents (requested by the 221g) and submitted them and her passport at CITIC bank. (At the interview the CO told her to send her passport with the documents.)  The documents will be sent to the Guangzhou Consulate on Monday (this is a holiday weekend in China for the Mid-Autumn Festival). 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, JoeMc said:

An update:

Today my fiance' received all of the documents (requested by the 221g) and submitted them and her passport at CITIC bank. (At the interview the CO told her to send her passport with the documents.)  The documents will be sent to the Guangzhou Consulate on Monday (this is a holiday weekend in China for the Mid-Autumn Festival). 

Not to be overly optimistic, but I think if they are asking to send her passport with the documentation it could be a positive sign.  Hope it all works out for you.

I received my K1 visa in the mail today... on my birthday!! We got our NOA2 on my fiancé’s birthday back in May and now this arriving is the best present imaginable. 🙂🥳❤️🙂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 9/5/2019 at 3:32 AM, Mini said:

Hi! Just want to give update, had my interview today and i passed. Thank you so much everyone as this site really helps me a lot especially those “waiting time journey”.  Good luck to those who are waiting for interview appointment! 

Exciting news! Congratulations!! Thanks we're waiting  for our interview 

Timeline

So...

My fiance' brought all of the documents the 221g asked for to the local CITIC branch (the drop-off location for documents in China) on Monday morning.

When I checked late Wednesday I noticed that they updated the information about her passport to show that "The current status of your passport is Delivered To Post." I found that status means that the consulate had received the passport.

When I checked today (Thursday night in China) the passport status is the same (the consulate still has her passport). The CEAC status is still "Administrative Processing" but the 'Case Last Updated" date was changed to Sept. 19th.

Now it is back to waiting to see what happens next...

Timeline

CEAC was not working for a few days.

It finally gave me the status.

Visa type changed from immigrant visa to nonimmigrant visa. Case created date changed from June to September 23. Case last updated September 24...

From what I see in other forum threads this looks encouraging.

Timeline

After being able to check status on the CEAC site again, our case in GUZ changed to administrative processing today.  From what I understand, this should indicate receiving P3 with a week or so.  More positive events here as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.