Kris003

Aos approved ,question on the conditional green card

39 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Kris003 said:

I know i understand its the law ,i understand .I just thought there is a bit of play when its so close dates .Anyway thank you guys 

You can never assume that there is leeway with immigration.

33 minutes ago, Kris003 said:

I’m talking about being fair here my friend .They will never force me to do anything ,but if i paid more then 4 grand and went thru all the paperwork and did everything they wanted me to do ,and they schedule an interview in 1 year and 11 months ,they should consider the fact that since i’m approved and i provided everything they wanted and paid everything needed ,for a month or a day or whatever ,they would save me the time and money and stress that i have to go thru again to renew my green card .

22 minutes ago, dxec said:

The problem is if you say ah its just 1 month and they give then the next guy says well its just 1 month and 2 weeks whats another 2 weeks?? and the next guy whats 2 months?? Next time if it says 2 years plan for 2 years and if you get early its a bonus but don't expect it and you wont be disappointed. 

@dxec made a great response to your post. A line has to be drawn and laws must be follow as to not blur that line. If you want to see the quickest way for someone to lose the visitor visa or VWP privileges, have them overstay just one day. It could be one day this time, then 3 days the next, etc, etc.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Kris003 said:

Yeah its true 👍🏻

And I don’t think that each time they schedule an interview that they check and see if the applicant is close to their second year of marriage.  With all the applicants they go thru on a daily basis I don’t think they they have the time to check stuff like that especially since there is no rule regarding scheduling interview so close to someone’s second year of marriage, when it’s time for one applicant to be scheduled interview they just scheduled it. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Wow, heated discussion! Well, I'm currently doing ROC and it's not so bad. So, chin up! 😊 At least we're all in the phase where we get to be in the same country together. Not a bad place to be.

K1

Spoiler

12/18/2015- NOA 1

1/29/2016- NOA 2

2/18/2016- Letter from NVC saying they're forwarding to Guangzhou

3/4/2016- Received P3, returned it about a week later

3/22/2016- P4 email

5/12/16- Interview. Approved!

5/16/16- After a few days saying administrative processing, CEAC now says issued!

Additional snafu: my fiancé came over on his visa, but just a month later (and the day before we were going to get married) he had an emergency that necessitated him returning to China.  I contacted the Guangzhou consulate via their email system, provided the requested documents/proof, and he was granted a second interview for "reissuance."  He had to re-do the medical, redo the interview (bringing yet another copy of all of the things he had to bring the first time) and we were approved again!  He received what looked like a new visa in his passport, but the original 90 day countdown for marriage was still ticking.  He came back to the US and we got married right away!

8/22/16- Married!

AOS

9/30/16- Filed for AOS, EA, AP

10/6/16- NOA 1 for AOS, EA, and AP (USCIS case status website says case was received on October 4th)

11/9/16- Bio appointment

12/13/16- EA and AP approved!

no news... case status on website still says "fingerprint fee received..."

4/11/17- submitted online service request for case out of normal processing time (over 6 months)

5/2/17- USCIS website updated to "My card is being produced!"

5/10/17- Green Card received

ROC

3/2/19- Filed ROC

3/8/19- NOA/18mo extension received

5/7/19- Bio appointment

9/2/20- Interview scheduled for next month!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Kris003 said:

I’m talking about being fair here my friend .They will never force me to do anything ,but if i paid more then 4 grand and went thru all the paperwork and did everything they wanted me to do ,and they schedule an interview in 1 year and 11 months ,they should consider the fact that since i’m approved and i provided everything they wanted and paid everything needed ,for a month or a day or whatever ,they would save me the time and money and stress that i have to go thru again to renew my green card .I’m talking about being fair not law ,even tho law sometimes has its short cuts too and spaces for understanding .This is not a criminal case ,so there is no need to be strict for everything especially when they think my case is trustful and real.Its just my opinion .I’m not really venting i’m actually just stating that they are so strict on us ,but when it comes to them they don’t really care if we wait a year or 10 years ,as long as they get their money .But yeah ,business is business 

Everyone did what you did.  Everyone paid money, went through all the paperwork, and did everything they wanted them to do.  You're no different in that case.

USCIS is not proactively looking for ways to save people money....if that were the case, fees would be going down instead of constantly up every few years.

Making the same rules/criteria across the board IS being fair to everyone.  No one should be more entitled than anyone else to achieve the same results as everyone else.

The best news, is that when everything is all said and done, you're with your loved one in the country where you want to be and their status is secured.  Focus on that---the end results, not the struggle it took to get there.

Edited by Going through

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 hours ago, myVisaJourney said:

My friend got a 10 years green card and her marriage is 1.7 year old. She got approved after 1.4 months and left for the us after 1.7 months!! Where is the law then?

Ummm USCIS send out wrong type green card all the time. It's the responsibility of the recipient to return and correct it. Ignorance is no defense. Law has nothing to do with it. Mistakes happen.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Simple solution.   The OP should have simply rescheduled the interview to a more favorable date    done. 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

OP had the card. And now you can't do anything. Just be happy and do the ROC after 1 year and 9 months. You should be happy because you got your card. I heard lots of story that after the interview, they never know when the GC will come or not. 

Beside that, if the USCIS makes a mistake on the GC. The GCer has the responsibility to correct it. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
13 hours ago, rasaco said:

Wow, heated discussion! Well, I'm currently doing ROC and it's not so bad. So, chin up! 😊 At least we're all in the phase where we get to be in the same country together. Not a bad place to be.

Best of luck with your filing!

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.