Veesia

What does nvc status ''At nvc'' mean

26 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Can some please explain this to me and can someone estimate for me how long it can take for my interview date scheduled from my nvc case status 

Screenshot_2019-04-26-18-59-40.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Veesia said:

Can some please explain this to me and can someone estimate for me how long it can take for my interview date scheduled from my nvc case status 

Screenshot_2019-04-26-18-59-40.png

This means your approved  petition is now at the NVC and is ready for the required fees and documents to be completed and submitted. 

Use this link to understand the process. You must be proactive at this stage .. things don’t happen unless you initiate them 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved.html

You should have gotten a letter from NVC with instructions for you to do before they can schedule your interview.

Edited by Becci391
ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

It means you case is at NVC, literally. Did you get any instructions from NVC about the next steps? What’s your PD? That will determine when your interview may happen.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

This means your approved  petition is now at the NVC and is ready for the required fees and documents to be completed and submitted. 

Use this link to understand the process. You must be proactive at this stage .. things don’t happen unless you initiate them 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved.html

Do you mean I still have some other fees to pay? 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, arken said:

It means you case is at NVC, literally. Did you get any instructions from NVC about the next steps? What’s your PD? That will determine when your interview may happen.

The last email I got from nvc was the case complete... My pd is 2 Feb 2017 and I recieved cc on the 8th of January 2018 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Becci391 said:

You should have gotten a letter from NVC with instructions for you to do before they can schedule your interview.

The last email I got was case complete email 

10 minutes ago, Veesia said:

Yes.

The actual visa fee and for a medical IF that's required for your visa category.

ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Veesia said:

12 minutes ago, Veesia said:

Ok. The photo you used did not show case complete. 

The application is now being transferred to the consulate for interview scheduling. The length of time for this friends on your country and consulate. If you are doing a spouse visa,  you will be advised by email though you can call NVC and find out if the interview has been scheduled. 

The link ink I sent you is still useful.. you need to go further down to Preparing  for the Interview  

Edited by Lil bear

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

More fees

Affidavit of Support: $120

DS-260 visa application fee: $325

Immigrant Fee: $220

Medical Fee: Varies from country to country can go anywhere from $60 to $800

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Veesia said:

The last email I got from nvc was the case complete... My pd is 2 Feb 2017 and I recieved cc on the 8th of January 2018 

Good then, your PD is already current. May be your interview will be in a month or two depending upon the appointment availability in your designated US Embassy/Consulate.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
2 hours ago, Veesia said:

My case status didn't change from "at NVC" to "ready" until yesterday - which is when my Consulate sent myself and my husband both an email (second email after my interview confirmation email earlier this week) to remind me to send my documents to them before my interview in 3 weeks time. My consulate has had my case since the beginning of the week, so I'd say it won't change until your interview is arranged and your consulate has your case.

Timeline
15 hours ago, Becci391 said:

Yes.

The actual visa fee and for a medical IF that's required for your visa category.

My petitioner says they've paid all fees

15 hours ago, arken said:

Good then, your PD is already current. May be your interview will be in a month or two depending upon the appointment availability in your designated US Embassy/Consulate.

Ooh OK thanks 

Timeline
13 hours ago, sherydenise said:

My case status didn't change from "at NVC" to "ready" until yesterday - which is when my Consulate sent myself and my husband both an email (second email after my interview confirmation email earlier this week) to remind me to send my documents to them before my interview in 3 weeks time. My consulate has had my case since the beginning of the week, so I'd say it won't change until your interview is arranged and your consulate has your case.

For how long did your case status read At NVC

15 hours ago, Lil bear said:

Ok. The photo you used did not show case complete. 

The application is now being transferred to the consulate for interview scheduling. The length of time for this friends on your country and consulate. If you are doing a spouse visa,  you will be advised by email though you can call NVC and find out if the interview has been scheduled. 

The link ink I sent you is still useful.. you need to go further down to Preparing  for the Interview  

Thanks very much 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
11 hours ago, Veesia said:

For how long did your case status read At NVC

Thanks very much 

The whole time it was at NVC until I got a second confirmation email from my consulate like I said above. Almost one week after the consulate received my case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.