Lynxwarden

Submitting my interview request letter, need some reassurance.

28 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

First off I apologise of I come off as rambly, my anxiety is through the roof right now thanks to a combo of a severe anxiety disorder and autism. And also if I'm posting this incorrectly - I've never posted here before. I'm submitting my interview letter tomorrow, but I'm super worried I'll have done it too late because I've worried so much about making sure I have everything.

I had my medical exam last month on the 21st, and I'm just getting around to sending the letter tomorrow. I'm so scared that I'll have wasted time, which I feel like I definitely have in arranging the interview. I had an unpleasant experience with my medical examinor making me uncomfortable and I've had to wait and get some extra paperwork to forward to them to boot (All sorted now though) I'm immigrating from NZ to the US, and I have no clue how long getting an interview takes since I can't find a solid source that tells me a rough estimate.

I feel completely insane, and I don't blame you if you read this and think so too. I miss my man so much, and I hate coming to him constantly over my worries because in my head I know there's nothing I can do and I'm doing my best where I can, but the anxiety is crippling some days. Today is one of those days. Am I worrying too much? Is there anything to worry about, or am I just driving myself mad with worry?

Any support, or advice or just an internet hug would be appreciate it.

I-129F Case Received - August 29 2018

I-129F Approved - January 27 2019

Case Moved to Consulate - March 05 2019

Medical Exam Completed - March 21 2019

Interview - Done and Accepted on May 9th 2019 ❤️ 

Moved countries on May 19

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Lynxwarden said:

First off I apologise of I come off as rambly, my anxiety is through the roof right now thanks to a combo of a severe anxiety disorder and autism. And also if I'm posting this incorrectly - I've never posted here before. I'm submitting my interview letter tomorrow, but I'm super worried I'll have done it too late because I've worried so much about making sure I have everything.

I had my medical exam last month on the 21st, and I'm just getting around to sending the letter tomorrow. I'm so scared that I'll have wasted time, which I feel like I definitely have in arranging the interview. I had an unpleasant experience with my medical examinor making me uncomfortable and I've had to wait and get some extra paperwork to forward to them to boot (All sorted now though) I'm immigrating from NZ to the US, and I have no clue how long getting an interview takes since I can't find a solid source that tells me a rough estimate.

I feel completely insane, and I don't blame you if you read this and think so too. I miss my man so much, and I hate coming to him constantly over my worries because in my head I know there's nothing I can do and I'm doing my best where I can, but the anxiety is crippling some days. Today is one of those days. Am I worrying too much? Is there anything to worry about, or am I just driving myself mad with worry?

Take a deep breath and try to relax. I know it's easier said than done but you got this! You can take your time before submitting for the interview, until you're ready to do so and it seems you're ready now. Send those papers tomorrow and ace your interview! 

Everything will be okay, just be calm and honest and there's no reason to worry. Fingers crossed and keep us posted. Wish you all the best. 

If you could update your timeline it would be greatly appreciated and visit NZ subforum for more information on your consulte 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Lynxwarden said:

Thank you for sharing your feelings with us.  You are not alone in this stressful journey.  I want to encourage you to do the best you can to calm yourself down.  I know it's difficult.  You would be surprised to know that many of us here on VJ experience some of the same anxieties.  I don't know anything about where your interview will take place.  I can only reassure you that at the end of your journey, things will work out.  I believe in God & things always work out the way it was intended.  My fiance is getting ready for his interview in 2 weeks, in an extremely difficult embassy.  They deal with high fraud countries.  I already have a plan B in place just in case things don't work out.  That is all we can do.  Take one day at a time & plan for unforeseen things that may happen.  Sending you a special hug.  My best wishes to you for a speedy journey.  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Try and calm down, breathe, relax as much as you can.
This process is stressful, and speaking from my own experience I know how hard it can be.
I've never in my life had as much anxiety as I've had during this process, and some days my anxiety was so crippling I couldn't get out of bed.

But in the end it was all worth it, the interview was the scariest thing I've ever done but when I finally got there it was easy as pie, and now that it's all said and done I've never felt better. Hang in there! It's worth it and you'll be together with your loved one in no time. ☺️ 💗

K1 Process 
2018-07-20 - Application sent
2018-07-31 - NOA1
2019-01-04 - NOA2 by mail, approved! 😚

2019-04-01 - Medical
2019-04-11 - Interview, Approved! 🙌💗

2019-04-25 - Visa in hand 😊

2019-05-28 - PoE!

2019-06-20 - Married! 💍❤️

AOS Process

2019-08-19 - Application sent

2019-09-09 - NOA

2019-11-07 - Biometrics

2020-03-28   Original interview date
2020-04-08 - Application approved without interview! 👏
2020-04-14 - Green Card received! ❤️🙏

Timeline
11 minutes ago, SanjaAlex said:

Take a deep breath and try to relax. I know it's easier said than done but you got this! You can take your time before submitting for the interview, until you're ready to do so and it seems you're ready now. Send those papers tomorrow and ace your interview! 

Everything will be okay, just be calm and honest and there's no reason to worry. Fingers crossed and keep us posted. Wish you all the best. 

If you could update your timeline it would be greatly appreciated and visit NZ subforum for more information on your consulte 

Thank you for replying, it's been a really stressful time and it's taking its toll on both of us mentally and emotionally. 

I'll need to get some information from my fiance as he has all the dates and whatnot of when things were sent, but what I can share is that my case was moved from the National Visa Center to the US Consulate in Auckland, New Zealand on the 5th of March. The medical exam took place on the 21st in the same month. I'm sending my letter today at the earliest opportunity I have (it's currently 5am so can't do anything just yet!), and I have some security in knowing I have all the info I need to send up to the Consulate (birth certificate, bank statements etc.). I'm just super worried that my case will expire or something, I've read that that can happen.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Lynxwarden said:

Thank you for replying, it's been a really stressful time and it's taking its toll on both of us mentally and emotionally. 

I'll need to get some information from my fiance as he has all the dates and whatnot of when things were sent, but what I can share is that my case was moved from the National Visa Center to the US Consulate in Auckland, New Zealand on the 5th of March. The medical exam took place on the 21st in the same month. I'm sending my letter today at the earliest opportunity I have (it's currently 5am so can't do anything just yet!), and I have some security in knowing I have all the info I need to send up to the Consulate (birth certificate, bank statements etc.). I'm just super worried that my case will expire or something, I've read that that can happen.

Your approved I129F is valid for 4 months, but it can be extended. 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, PandT said:

Thank you for sharing your feelings with us.  You are not alone in this stressful journey.  I want to encourage you to do the best you can to calm yourself down.  I know it's difficult.  You would be surprised to know that many of us here on VJ experience some of the same anxieties.  I don't know anything about where your interview will take place.  I can only reassure you that at the end of your journey, things will work out.  I believe in God & things always work out the way it was intended.  My fiance is getting ready for his interview in 2 weeks, in an extremely difficult embassy.  They deal with high fraud countries.  I already have a plan B in place just in case things don't work out.  That is all we can do.  Take one day at a time & plan for unforeseen things that may happen.  Sending you a special hug.  My best wishes to you for a speedy journey.  

I can imagine how tough that would be, dealing with an embassy that has those issues - I wish you and your fiance all the best and all the hugs your way! Mine will be taking place in Auckland, New Zealand. I live down in Wellington so it'll be a bit of a trip up there, but worth it in the end. It's hard to try and get a hold on the anxiety (especially when it's a combo of anxiety and autism), it can really knock you on your backside. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, SanjaAlex said:

Your approved I129F is valid for 4 months, but it can be extended. 

How does getting an extension work, if you don't mind me asking? Ours got approved in February, so will it be too late?

Edited by Lynxwarden

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Lynxwarden said:

How does getting an extension work, if you don't mind me asking? Ours got approved in February, so will it be too late?

I think you ask for an extension in your consulate if you won't be attending your interview in those 4 months. I would post a link but I'm on my phone so can't figure how. 

It is not late, yours is valid till June 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Pixelx said:

Try and calm down, breathe, relax as much as you can.
This process is stressful, and speaking from my own experience I know how hard it can be.
I've never in my life had as much anxiety as I've had during this process, and some days my anxiety was so crippling I couldn't get out of bed.

But in the end it was all worth it, the interview was the scariest thing I've ever done but when I finally got there it was easy as pie, and now that it's all said and done I've never felt better. Hang in there! It's worth it and you'll be together with your loved one in no time. ☺️ 💗

I relate so much, that's pretty much been me for the past couple of months now. I even got a nice collection of pure white hairs growing now from all the stress. Worrying about how much time I have left to get everything done, and not knowing how long it'll take to get an interview is maddening. I'm not too worried about the interview itself, the travel side of things I'm actually looking forward to the 26 hours of travel. It's just this phase that's tough emotionally to deal with.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
3 hours ago, Lynxwarden said:

I can imagine how tough that would be, dealing with an embassy that has those issues - I wish you and your fiance all the best and all the hugs your way! Mine will be taking place in Auckland, New Zealand. I live down in Wellington so it'll be a bit of a trip up there, but worth it in the end. It's hard to try and get a hold on the anxiety (especially when it's a combo of anxiety and autism), it can really knock you on your backside. 

Thank you.  Hang in there.  When it's time to travel to Auckland, I suggest you leave a day early.  That will help with the anxiety of going so far.  My fiance has a long way to go also & plans on leaving Monday evening.  He will have his medical next week & the week after that, he will have his interview in Dakar Senegal.  I can tell he is anxious, but will not admit it.  I feel your pain & we are all wishing you the best.  I know you will do just fine.  When you feel anxious, remember the reason you are going through all this, to be with the one you love.  The stress is only temporary.  Drink a glass of red wine & keep a smile on your face 😁.  Hugs................

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, Lynxwarden said:

You are not insane. This process is not easy! I'm sure others would agree that this process has gotten the best of us...at some point! I trust since you guys have gotten this far you will pass your interview.  **Hugs** 🤗🤗 You got this 😏

You won't need an extension.  Auckland is not a particularly busy consulate, nor is it "difficult."  My husband was nervous too, but everyone he encountered at the consulate (in person and by email/phone etc) was exceptionally professional and polite.    Best wishes....you're almost there!

PS:  you can check my timeline to see how our K-1 progressed.  After the initial six months of waiting for NOA2 (last year it took longer), things moved FAST.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

You won't need an extension.  Auckland is not a particularly busy consulate, nor is it "difficult."  My husband was nervous too, but everyone he encountered at the consulate (in person and by email/phone etc) was exceptionally professional and polite.    Best wishes....you're almost there!

PS:  you can check my timeline to see how our K-1 progressed.  After the initial six months of waiting for NOA2 (last year it took longer), things moved FAST.

We had to wait AGES for news of whether or not our case was accepted once my fiance filed the alien fiancee petition. It's honestly nerve wrecking wondering if I've done things right or wrong, if I'll run out of time or if things will be fine etc.

That's so awesome that things went by fast for you and your husband. Hopefully it won't be a log wait till I get an interview... just sent my letter requesting an interview this morning.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Ola&Adunni said:

You are not insane. This process is not easy! I'm sure others would agree that this process has gotten the best of us...at some point! I trust since you guys have gotten this far you will pass your interview.  **Hugs** 🤗🤗 You got this 😏

❤️❤️ Thank you so much for the support... it's definitely been a rough time. I've only got my fiance for support and I don't like dumping all my stress on him (especially when he's heard my maddened rambling 100 times already)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.