Ryanka

DID NOT MEET THE MINIMUM REQUIRED INCOME

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
20 hours ago, Ryanka said:

Yes I got a raise this year!!! Woohoo thank you, I will point that out!

Don;t just point out that you've had a raise, show evidence that proves that fact.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
22 hours ago, Ryanka said:

Guys, I will not be able to get a co sponsor. I have x5 the savings and it’s been there accumulating since last year... I have a full time job as well that I’ve been working for a year now, excellent credit, etc. technically it sounds like I would be ok, but I would like to know if people were denied even though they could work it out when they did not meet the minimum required 

My fiance went through the embassy in Jamaica.  I made well over the income requirements for my family size with 1 full time permanent job and 1 part time permanent job. The embassy still insisted on a co sponsor even after I went back and forth with them asking why. Of they are asking for a co sponsor you're better off just finding one. It was almost impossible for us as well but we finally found one. Good luck 

On 4/12/2019 at 10:32 AM, Ryanka said:

Guys, I will not be able to get a co sponsor. I have x5 the savings and it’s been there accumulating since last year... I have a full time job as well that I’ve been working for a year now, excellent credit, etc. technically it sounds like I would be ok, but I would like to know if people were denied even though they could work it out when they did not meet the minimum required 

Wait now that I'm re-reading all of this...

Did your fiance already have the interview and was given a 221g?

Did you not submit your assets with the original I-134?

You could hit tricky territory. In the 221g they typically ask for a co-sponsor, even if you send in your assets they may not accept it because you did not provide it with the original I-134.

How far off of the household income threshold were you? Do you have any dependents? Does your fiance have any?

As it's been posted sometimes before, there have been people who have been asked for cosponsors simply for insurance purposes, much like my husband (fiance at the time) and the poster above me. They may not actually care if you make enough when including assets, they just may want a second person to secure your fiance.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Ash.1101 said:

Wait now that I'm re-reading all of this...

Did your fiance already have the interview and was given a 221g?

Did you not submit your assets with the original I-134?

You could hit tricky territory. In the 221g they typically ask for a co-sponsor, even if you send in your assets they may not accept it because you did not provide it with the original I-134.

How far off of the household income threshold were you? Do you have any dependents? Does your fiance have any?

As it's been posted sometimes before, there have been people who have been asked for cosponsors simply for insurance purposes, much like my husband (fiance at the time) and the poster above me. They may not actually care if you make enough when including assets, they just may want a second person to secure your fiance.

So we are about to schedule the interview at the consulate for him. We got our NOA2 and RDJ so far. I did not make the minimum required last year because I only worked from March-December (if I had worked since January I would have made it). This year I make way more. My pay x full time hours is 29k. But I heard that it’s only the last tax return that counts... I’m dual citizen and have always lived in Brazil, just started working here last year. But already built a good credit, have my own apartment (rent), car, etc. The only thing that I do that I am concerned is my school. I take financial aid and loans 

Just now, Ryanka said:

So we are about to schedule the interview at the consulate for him. We got our NOA2 and RDJ so far. I did not make the minimum required last year because I only worked from March-December (if I had worked since January I would have made it). This year I make way more. My pay x full time hours is 29k. But I heard that it’s only the last tax return that counts... I’m dual citizen and have always lived in Brazil, just started working here last year. But already built a good credit, have my own apartment (rent), car, etc. The only thing that I do that I am concerned is my school. I take financial aid and loans 

No dependents for neither of us 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, Ryanka said:

I had to reread this whole topic to understand what's going on.

At this point, very hard to tell what they will ask you during the interview. I have heard of very few cases of Rio asking for cosponsors but they will analyse your case based on other factors, not just your income. From what you have posted so far, having a cosponsor would be prudent but if that's out of the realm of possibility, then he should attend the interview and see what happens.

Edited by Nat&Amy

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 hours ago, Ryanka said:

I believe you're fine. On the I-134 you're gonna write down your current income which is above the poverty line. You should also give your fiance a letter from your employer stating your current anual income and the start date of your job and get your paystubs too.

Timeline
18 hours ago, Ryanka said:

I just had my interview this past week. You should be fine.

My soon to be father-in-law was our co-sponsor. @Ayrton advice is spot on. If you can add bank statements to the affidavit files that also helps.

Each case is different but I can tell that in my case they simply skimmed through the I-134 and asked me who my co-sponsor was and checked that he was indeed my fiancée's father.

Timeline

My understanding is that you would need 105k in assets.

Timeline

12/ I2/18 NOA1 - I129F

05/20/18 Consulate Received

07/16/19 Consulate Interview (We could have scheduled 6/11) 

10/31/19 POE - Dallas DFW

11/19/19 Social Security Card - Applied

12/20/19 Social Security Card - Received

12/31/19 Marriage 

01/02/20 Social Security Card - Changed Name

01/11/20 G1145, I485, I864, I131, i765 - FedEx - Sent

01/13/20 Texas DL - Passed Written Test and Received Driving Permit with Restrictions

01/15/20 Texas DL - Passed Driving Test and Received Temporary DL - Restrictions Removed

01/14/20 G1145, I485, I864, I131, I765 - Fed Ex - Delivered

01/17/20 NOA1 - I485, I131, I765 - Notice Date

01/21/20 Apply for Capital One Secured Credit Card to Establish Credit File to buy Auto

01/21/20 The 3 USCIS Text Received (7 Days Later)

01/22/20 Funds pulled from account by ACH Debit  $1225 (8 Days Later)

01/27/20 NOA1 - I485, I131, I765 - Received in the Mail

01/28/20 90 Day K1 Admittance and Driver License Expire

01/28/20 Renew DL - Use NOA1

01/15/2021  Status changed to Interview Scheduled

01/22/2021  Interview Noticed Received in the Mail

2/23/2021  Interview for the I485 and verbal Approval

2/24/2021  I485 Status changed:  New Card is being approved

2/26/2021  I485 Status changed:  Card Was Mailed To Me

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.