mister_tn

It is super dangerous to travel to Mexico with an EAD / AP combo card, you could get re-entry denied, my lawyer claims that, is it true?

8 posts in this topic

Traveling to Mexico and trying to get back to the U. S. with an EAD / AP could result in re-entry denial?

I'm paying my attorney to file I 485 and I 765 under c9p category by filing I 131, she warned me it doesn't worth it to leave the U.S. until my AOS gets resolved due to the current trump immigration climate, has anyone travel and got back with AP recently?

I came to the U.S. Legally wtih a TN Visa, overstayed and married an U.S. Citizen, I have a pending VAWA case that was received 40 days ago

5 minutes ago, mister_tn said:

Traveling to Mexico and trying to get back to the U. S. with an EAD / AP could result in re-entry denial?

I'm paying my attorney to file I 485 and I 765 under c9p category by filing I 131, she warned me it doesn't worth it to leave the U.S. until my AOS gets resolved due to the current trump immigration climate, has anyone travel and got back with AP recently?

I came to the U.S. Legally wtih a TN Visa, overstayed and married an U.S. Citizen, I have a pending VAWA case that was received 40 days ago

Normally I would say it is fine, legal, etc, but........does your lawyer cite specific cases of denials with valid AP? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, mister_tn said:

Only US citizens are guaranteed entry to the US. So could you get denied? Sure, but unlikely.

That being said, as long as you have legal AP, you shouldn't have any issues. 

Your attorney sounds like they are spewing fear with the whole "Trump immigration climate".... AP has been the same for a long, long time.  So I would ignore that rambling honestly.

That being said, it's up to you if you choose to travel or not.

Edited by Ben&Zian

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Maybe because of VAWA? Not sure what is the processing time there, but if they deny it and you are in Mexico my assumption is that you can't come back. Any thoughts on that?

1 hour ago, Ben&Zian said:

Only US citizens are guaranteed entry to the US. So could you get denied? Sure, but unlikely.

That being said, as long as you have legal AP, you shouldn't have any issues. 

Your attorney sounds like they are spewing fear with the whole "Trump immigration climate".... AP has been the same for a long, long time.  So I would ignore that rambling honestly.

That being said, it's up to you if you choose to travel or not.

The concerns come from somewhere, people have been denied re-entry with AP. But I get your point, thanks.

Can you provide some examples of such people denied with a valid AP document? I have yet to see one.

The biggest risk is if AOS is denied while abroad. Denied AOS = Revoked AP.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

17 minutes ago, mister_tn said:

The concerns come from somewhere, people have been denied re-entry with AP. But I get your point, thanks.

My case is different them yours , but Every year i visit Mexico last visit was 2018 and they hold me in airport for no reason , them let me go i got green card and was stay in Mexico 2 weeks 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.