mypcool

Child born after I-130 approved

65 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, mypcool said:

And being due in September we may be messed up either way... 

Also do you think that we can be expedited for this reason? Not just the pregnancy, it would affect the schools, jobs and the pregnancy. 

No. It's too bad but in the end, USCIS is not responsible for poor planning. I mean you can always try but it's not a qualifying reason. 

Immigration affect schools and jobs all the time. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Looking back on your timeline you were c 6 months late in applying for every thing to line up with your 2019 timeline and give you space for anything that might go wrong. I think we go back to maybe, your wife of course can move when she wants to so she has flexibility.

Thinking more about the sponsorship that person has to be a USC or LPR so I think you do need to a Joint.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Thinking more about the sponsorship that person has to be a USC or LPR so I think you do need to a Joint.

Concur.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Roel said:

No. It's too bad but in the end, USCIS is not responsible for poor planning. I mean you can always try but it's not a qualifying reason. 

Immigration affect schools and jobs all the time. 

Agreed. In my defence at the time of my application the timeline on the USCIS site was 5 -7 

months. It took 9!

In fact when we decided to make the move in april 2018 people advising me at the time told me to only start in October. I did my own research (Thanks VJ) and submitted everything within 2 weeks. 

8 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I think we go back to maybe, your wife of course can move when she wants to so she has flexibility.

That really may be what we will do... which is pretty crazy with a family of 3 kids already. 

9 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Thanks for the heads up on that. Ill look into it. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
2 hours ago, mypcool said:

She never lived in the US and therefore cant just file for a birth abroad.

But you are the father of the children, yes? And you are a US citizen, yes? So your children are still eligible for CRBA for US citizenship in that case, whether the mother has lived in the US or not.

Edit: My bad, I just read that your wife is the US petitioner, right? But this would still mean that she would have to be a citizen or at least a LPR of the US in order to sponsor for you, if she is the petitioner and you are the Canadian beneficiary, no?

Edited by LilyJohansen

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, LilyJohansen said:

But you are the father of the children, yes? And you are a US citizen, yes? So your children are still eligible for CRBA for US citizenship in that case, whether the mother has lived in the US or not.

My bad, I just read that your wife is the US petitioner, right? But this would still mean that she would have to be a citizen or at least a LPR of the US in order to sponsor for you, if she is the petitioner and you are the Canadian beneficiary, no? 

Unfortunately I am not a USC. I am going through the process as well. 

My wife is a USC but never lived in the US. If she did then she would have been able to file for a birth abroad and made my children USC automatically. 

She is the Citizen and I and my children are the beneficiaries 

Edited by mypcool

Timeline
2 minutes ago, mypcool said:

Unfortunately I am not a USC. I am going through the process as well. 

Is your wife a USC? How is she petitioning for you?

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

• Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

Timeline
3 minutes ago, mypcool said:

She is. We are applying for a CR-1 Visa for myself and our children. 

If she is a US citizen then the children should be eligible for CRBA regardless as far as I know

Edited by LilyJohansen

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

Timeline

If she is a US citizen then the children should be eligible for CRBA regardless as far as I know

Here is a quote from the embassy website. remember that only one of us are USC and she never lived in the US

A child born outside of the United States to one U.S. citizen parent and one non-U.S. citizen parent may be entitled to citizenship providing the U.S. citizen parent had been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for five years, at least two years of which were after s/he reached the age of fourteen.

Edited by mypcool
clarity

Timeline
8 minutes ago, LilyJohansen said:

Nope, this has been covered.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
Just now, mypcool said:

Here is a quote from the embassy website. remember that only one of us are USC. 

Ah I see, learn something new every day, did not know about having to live in the US for 5 years to qualify children for CRBA, that's unfortunate. Either way, hopefully the process goes smoothly and quickly for your family. Should the baby be born before you and the children get their visas and move, you will probably have to notify the CO at the interview and they will most likely guide you from there on getting the baby into the US as well, hopefully with no hiccups. 

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

Timeline
Just now, LilyJohansen said:

Should the baby be born before you and the children get their visas and move, you will probably have to notify the CO at the interview and they will most likely guide you from there on getting the baby into the US as well, hopefully with no hiccups. 

Hopefully its that easy... 

In case anyone is reading this later. To be clear there is no "dependance" for the CR-1 like there is for most other visa types. Meaning you can't just tack on new children but each needs their own application. 

Timeline
Just now, mypcool said:

Hopefully its that easy... 

In case anyone is reading this later. To be clear there is no "dependance" for the CR-1 like there is for most other visa types. Meaning you can't just tack on new children but each needs their own application. 

Pretty sure most people know that.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Boiler said:

Pretty sure most people know that.

That maybe true but I didn't want someone to read the post before (quoted below) and get any doubts. Its ambiguous.

7 minutes ago, LilyJohansen said:

Should the baby be born before you and the children get their visas and move, you will probably have to notify the CO at the interview and they will most likely guide you from there on getting the baby into the US as well

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.