Crazy Cat

Processing Times (I-751) for MSC (National Benefits Center)

2,753 posts in this topic

On 4/11/2022 at 9:10 PM, HarryWL said:

I'm equally as pessimistic when it comes to American bureaucracy. 

Yes USCIS is inefficient and yet they collect exorbitant fees. They should be privatized 

On 3/19/2022 at 8:24 PM, SKB2017 said:

Anyone have San Francisco for their local field office and have an interview date yet?  I've been 'ready for a scheduled interview' since the beginning of August 2021 and nothing since. 

SF FO is terrible and my wife was waiting for interview since Sept 2019 and she filed in May 2019. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Our i751 has been pending since May 2020 it was transferred to the National Benefits Center in December 2020 for faster processing, no updates since then on our online account. We have never got a notice that an interview is ready to be scheduled.  As a K1 & AOS green card recipient and the i751 case originally sent to the California Service Center we were not expecting an interview.

Now we have an interview schedule for our pending n400 naturalization May 16th. No word on the i751 case as of yet so I am expecting a combo i751/n400 interview, really hoping for a joint i751/n400 interview at our appointment. 

Both of us will be at the Sacramento USCIS field office ready for a combo interview on May 16th. The US citizen spouse will be on standby to join the immigrant spouse for an impromptu joint i751 interview if needed.

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

Got my interview notice today via my congressperson in my inbox. Interview date is May 16. No update or anything online. First name spelled wrong, apartment number missing on address.. 

Alas! 

timeline (ROC):

06/29/2020 - package sent with USPS to Dallas lockbox

07/01/2020 - package delivered and signed for 

07/08/2020 - CC charged

07/10/2020 - text message received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Interview completed!

Scheduled time for appointment was 9:55am. We arrived for 15 minutes early as requested and waited till nearly 11am to be called. We were out the door 7 minutes later. Very laid back gentleman swore us in, asked why I had 2 different first names (going through name change) and if we had anything new we wanted to present. We gave only this years filed taxes and last years house refinance and car purchase. The remainder of the time was spent with him explaining what happens next.

By the time we reached our car my text dinged to "card being produced". 

Filed November 2019 and interview was at Orlando office. Interview was ready to be scheduled February 2021 and was scheduled for today in the beginning of March 2022.

Being over prepared made us feel better but I now look forward to saving memories by choice and not necessity! 

Good Luck to Everyone

11 minutes ago, lottles said:

Interview completed!

Scheduled time for appointment was 9:55am. We arrived for 15 minutes early as requested and waited till nearly 11am to be called. We were out the door 7 minutes later. Very laid back gentleman swore us in, asked why I had 2 different first names (going through name change) and if we had anything new we wanted to present. We gave only this years filed taxes and last years house refinance and car purchase. The remainder of the time was spent with him explaining what happens next.

By the time we reached our car my text dinged to "card being produced". 

Filed November 2019 and interview was at Orlando office. Interview was ready to be scheduled February 2021 and was scheduled for today in the beginning of March 2022.

Being over prepared made us feel better but I now look forward to saving memories by choice and not necessity! 

Good Luck to Everyone

Congts!!! and thanks for sharing! 

58 minutes ago, BobKat said:

Got my interview notice today via my congressperson in my inbox. Interview date is May 16. No update or anything online. First name spelled wrong, apartment number missing on address.. 

Alas! 

Good luck!!!!! 

Let us know how it goes with the interview, in particular how they would go about fixing first name and address with you, especially no one wants their name to be wrong on the 10-year card 

On 4/24/2022 at 8:04 AM, da95826 said:

Our i751 has been pending since May 2020 it was transferred to the National Benefits Center in December 2020 for faster processing, no updates since then on our online account. We have never got a notice that an interview is ready to be scheduled.  As a K1 & AOS green card recipient and the i751 case originally sent to the California Service Center we were not expecting an interview.

Now we have an interview schedule for our pending n400 naturalization May 16th. No word on the i751 case as of yet so I am expecting a combo i751/n400 interview, really hoping for a joint i751/n400 interview at our appointment. 

Both of us will be at the Sacramento USCIS field office ready for a combo interview on May 16th. The US citizen spouse will be on standby to join the immigrant spouse for an impromptu joint i751 interview if needed.

very curious to know how it goes with your interview for both i751 + n400 - keep us posted!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/22/2022 at 6:31 AM, hasmax80 said:

Congrats!!! Still waiting for wife interview at San Francisco field location since September 2019 for May 2019. I wish our FO was as good as yours and others.

San Francisco is wayyyyyyyy backed up.  Very annoying.

Edited by SKB2017

CR-1 Visa
Texas Service Center
Montreal, Canada Consulate
Canadian Beneficiary/US Petitioner

Married: Nov 15, 2017
NOA1/PD Date: Jan 5, 2018
I-130 Approved: July 6, 2018 (6 months wait)
NVC Received Case: July 18, 2018 (12 days wait)
Received Case Number: August 10, 2018 (23 days wait)
Paid AOS & IV Bill: August 10, 2018
Was marked "PAID" August 15, 2018 at the CEAC site. (3 business days wait)

Filled out DS-261 & Supporting Docs: Tuesday August 21 2018

Uploaded AOS Forms & Supporting Docs: Friday August 24 2018

Case Complete: September 13, 2018

Appointment Date Email: November 9, 2018

Appointment Date: December 21, 2018

Visa Approved: December 21, 2018

Picked up Visa from Post Office: December 31, 2018

Received SSN: January 4th, 2019

Received GC in Mail: March 24, 2019

19 hours ago, BobKat said:

Alas! 

Congrats!! So your congressman provided the interview date? How long did it take to get interview scheduled from tume you reached out to congressman? I will proceed to contact mine hopefully I am lucky as you are.

3 hours ago, hasmax80 said:

Congrats!! So your congressman provided the interview date? How long did it take to get interview scheduled from tume you reached out to congressman? I will proceed to contact mine hopefully I am lucky as you are.

I started working with my congressperson in February 2021, after I had biometrics notices sent back to USCIS due to an address error, and I got a lot of conflicting information from different tier 2’s. A second biometrics appointment after the first to which I went etc.. 

the liaison simply works with congressional staff and the office in my district just kept inquiring. I think that helped keeping my case “touched”. Atlanta is severely backed up and it helped get me squeezed in before being out of processing time, I guess. 
The interview appointment was made by the field office, not the congressperson. They just have a good connection/ rapport with the liaison. 
I’m also want to say that the liaison is incredibly decent. So, I am grateful. 🙂

timeline (ROC):

06/29/2020 - package sent with USPS to Dallas lockbox

07/01/2020 - package delivered and signed for 

07/08/2020 - CC charged

07/10/2020 - text message received

And just like that 4 years and 4 months of my journey comes to an end. I had my N400 interview today and it was very easy, a simple writing and reading test followed by the civics questions of which you need 6 out of 10 and as I answered 6 correctly it stopped there. They double checked my application and made sure that my wife's passport was correct and then that was it. I waited a couple of hours and took my Oath and I am officially an American Citizen. Off to get my passport tomorrow!!! Good luck to you all.... 

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office :Texas Service Center

Date Filed :2021-01-14

NOA Date :2021-02-18

Bio. Appt. :2021-07-07

Interview Date :2022-01-11

Approval / Denial Date :2022-01-11

Approved :Yes

Green Card Received :2022-01-20

Citizenship

Service Center :Online

CIS Office :Los Angeles CA

Date Filed :2022-01-24

NOA Date :2022-01-24

Bio. Appt. :2022-02-23

Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS :2022-02-23

Interview Date: 2022-04-27 

Approved :Yes

Oath Ceremony :2022-04-27

12 hours ago, AlexeiMaughan said:

And just like that 4 years and 4 months of my journey comes to an end. I had my N400 interview today and it was very easy, a simple writing and reading test followed by the civics questions of which you need 6 out of 10 and as I answered 6 correctly it stopped there. They double checked my application and made sure that my wife's passport was correct and then that was it. I waited a couple of hours and took my Oath and I am officially an American Citizen. Off to get my passport tomorrow!!! Good luck to you all.... 

Congratulations!!! But 4 years and 4 months wait is crazy and I thought we were worse. My wife filed I-751 and N-400 in May 2019 and May 2020 respectively so 3 year wait next month. Is there any reason why your case was significantly delayed outside the 3 year processing time? Can you share your field office? Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.