Aska

K1 Visa Interview - case returned to NVC

130 posts in this topic

When k1 cases sent back to NVC it means they are refused. If you wait for anything in reply you'll be wasting your time. 

K1 Visa has validity. It expires. If there were something missing he would have asked you. But there was nothing.  So returning the petition and passport means its refused. 

I've been through same process. They gave me 221g and kept my passport. But after 3.5 months they sent back my case. 

Check your online status at ceac.gov. if there is no refused. Then you might hear back something good. 

And if you love to saying it again n again that consular haven't said its refused or haven't gave you anything in paper then it wont change the facts. 

The fact is when K1 petition is returned and handed back passport means its refused doesn't matter what so ever he said you. 

5 hours ago, Texas stylist said:

My husband is from a Muslim county and I visited him 7 times in 1 year and was approved so I don’t understand why visiting too much is bad. Actually in my husbands case the person looked only half my items and just put it down and told my husband he was impressed I visited him so many times.

The issue isn't directly related to being from a Muslim country. It's local culture. An unmarried couple being together like that in Pakistan is not the norm. And Pakistan is notoriously difficult for US immigration already.

I recall a recent case where the Pakistan CO determined that the couple was too married for a K-1 because they had booked a hotel room together once.

To be clear, I have no idea precisely why the CO made their decision in this case. Nobody does. It's speculation. Only the OP and their fiance know the full details of the relationship.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Rashid patras said:

Well in your case wondering why VO sent your case back to NVC, the only reason I understand he might had impression thats your relationship is not genuine, this is worrying that VO returned your passport but wish you all the best.

I am so stressed already waited for almost 2 years and now this.. I am thinking to apeal, not sure how effective that is..

Timeline
43 minutes ago, geowrian said:

The issue isn't directly related to being from a Muslim country. It's local culture. An unmarried couple being together like that in Pakistan is not the norm. And Pakistan is notoriously difficult for US immigration already.

I recall a recent case where the Pakistan CO determined that the couple was too married for a K-1 because they had booked a hotel room together once.

To be clear, I have no idea precisely why the CO made their decision in this case. Nobody does. It's speculation. Only the OP and their fiance know the full details of the relationship.

Our relationship is genuine the amount of pictures we have together clearly show the time that we have spent together. And we are liberal muslims and Pakistan is nothing like the world think it is. People have courtships and long relationships outside of marriage here! And we on the other side are engaged and already planning our wedding in the US.. I am thinking to file an apeal once I get a response from USCIS.. hoping for the best.

At this point, there's a few ways to proceed:

1. Have the petitioner move instead.
  2. Attempt to reach the consulate general and request a review of the case. They may or may not agree, and even if so it does not guarantee a different result.
  3. Withdraw the I-129F and file for a new visa...preferably legally marrying and doing a CR-1/IR-1 spousal visa

Option #2 only exists until they formally return the petition. At that point, option #3 is the only viable path for a US visa.

The drawback of option #2, obviously, is it could be weeks or months or additional waiting instead of going with #3 right away.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
7 hours ago, Aska said:

I am so stressed already waited for almost 2 years and now this.. I am thinking to apeal, not sure how effective that is..

• There is no procedure on  non-immigrant visa decision what you really can do is to request for reconsideration at the consulate before it gets sent back.
  • Get married then file for spousal visa is another (and better option is my opinion)

Timeline
Just now, RTLE said:
  • There is no procedure on  non-immigrant visa decision what you really can do is to request for reconsideration at the consulate before it gets sent back.
  • Get married then file for spousal visa is another (and better option is my opinion)

Yes we are thinking to do the same. I am just scared that what if they reject my spouse visa application aswell? We have waited for years already! 🥺

1 minute ago, Aska said:

Yes we are thinking to do the same. I am just scared that what if they reject my spouse visa application aswell? We have waited for years already! 🥺

A refused spousal visa is sent back to USCIS and is actually reviewed. If reaffirmed, it is sent back to the embassy for  a new interview. They are not to refuse the visa for the same reason with the same evidence the second time.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Aska said:

That is why it is important to understand what the current ineligiblility is

YMMV

Timeline
5 minutes ago, payxibka said:

That is why it is important to understand what the current ineligiblility is

Thanks for the help everyone. I have finally accepted that I would have to stay away from my love for another couple of years while we apply for CR1..Remember us in your prayers :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
On 5/4/2019 at 4:40, Aska said:

Mi novio es 9 años mayor que yo. Misma religión 

él sólo le preguntó dónde se conoció la primera vez. El compromiso se produjo en Dubái, pero faltaba mi certificado de divorcio original, seguía pidiendo que no supiera qué documento necesita después de volver a casa. Vi que no me llevé el certificado de divorcio.

Unfortunately the CO of your country sends the case to NVC and lets him expire his case is valid since his approval in immigration. The same thing happened to me. In November I had the interview and my case was returned to immigration and this April I get this letter I share so you have an idea of how it works. It took 5 months to receive an answer from immigration.

received_2442928049050769.jpeg

On 4/5/2019 at 1:58 PM, boris64 said:

Five times in 14 months for me. A lot longer flight, too. Not a red flag but we may both be crazy)))

I've made 10 visits in 5 years, will spend a month this summer. (We've known each other 8 years now.) I used to be able to go more often, but now school breaks are two weeks, which really isn't much time considering how long it takes to get there and back (Pakistan, Dubai). We used to get 3 weeks, plus it's expensive when you have to also board a dog all that time, plus park your car.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.