mohamed el amrani

looking for experience

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

helloo everyone !!

im just  here to discuss an idea with mr=e and my faincee made a k1 visa ,i passt the interview on  18 march 2019 ,then they gave me like a form wiritten on it that your application is refused until we precess the papers you submitted .then ,after two days they sent me the ds 55 35 to fill up and resend it back to them .

So now ,due to my fancee is a Mexican American we dicided to get merried and go to mexico ,then we will will get the recedency and stay closer to each other and apply for cr1 visa  .im just curous .when i get the risedency should we aplly the process to go through mexican or morrocan consulate even if im ganna be staying ther ??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Usually people who get the DS do end up getting their visa....it just takes awhile. If it takes you a year then you're in the same situation because the CR1 will take a year too and if you got it for the K1 you would likely get it for the CR1. 

So get married if you want but it just means your process could potentially take another 2 years instead of just waiting the DS5535 out. 

And what makes you so sure you will get a visa to Mexico?

Edited by EandH0904

Also your cr1 Visa might be put on hold for the same reason your k1 was. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, EandH0904 said:

Usually people who get the DS do end up getting their visa....it just takes awhile. If it takes you a year then you're in the same situation because the CR1 will take a year too and if you got it for the K1 you would likely get it for the CR1. 

So get married if you want but it just means your process could potentially take another 2 years instead of just waiting the DS5535 out. 

And what makes you so sure you will get a visa to Mexico?

yes but we are ganna be closer to each other is not the quastion of the visa .is abpout being together because it has been a long time since we are away .we thought this is the good solution for us .that is why im asking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, mohamed el amrani said:

helloo everyone !!

im just  here to discuss an idea with mr=e and my faincee made a k1 visa ,i passt the interview on  18 march 2019 ,then they gave me like a form wiritten on it that your application is refused until we precess the papers you submitted .then ,after two days they sent me the ds 55 35 to fill up and resend it back to them .

So now ,due to my fancee is a Mexican American we dicided to get merried and go to mexico ,then we will will get the recedency and stay closer to each other and apply for cr1 visa  .im just curous .when i get the risedency should we aplly the process to go through mexican or morrocan consulate even if im ganna be staying ther ??

actually its a tough situation.DS 5535 will take months and months .then as Muslim u want to be married so that u can live together in Mexico .when u will apply for CR-1 from Mexico u will need to wait till u have the residency in there, don't know how long it will take. after u Get Married K1 is no more a valid visa for u.

as the other person said Applying for CR-1 will take the same time or longer than DS 5535 check to be completed. plus more money to spend.

I will suggest u put all plans in front of u both as a couple and make a decision .its all possible 

I'm personally dealing with DS 5535 for my wife and we have a first baby child which made it even worst to be apart but we are dealing with the challenge with patience and supporting each other .now it's been 10 months after Interview and 2 years since I applied.

Good Luck 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, destiny-hope said:

actually its a tough situation.DS 5535 will take months and months .then as Muslim u want to be married so that u can live together in Mexico .when u will apply for CR-1 from Mexico u will need to wait till u have the residency in there, don't know how long it will take. after u Get Married K1 is no more a valid visa for u.

as the other person said Applying for CR-1 will take the same time or longer than DS 5535 check to be completed. plus more money to spend.

I will suggest u put all plans in front of u both as a couple and make a decision .its all possible 

I'm personally dealing with DS 5535 for my wife and we have a first baby child which made it even worst to be apart but we are dealing with the challenge with patience and supporting each other .now it's been 10 months after Interview and 2 years since I applied.

Good Luck 

yes that why we wanted to get married .we asked about we found like somone who got the residency so easily .we are really tired of distance .

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

you apply at the nearest Mexican embassy in your country for a mexican visa 

FM3 if you stay longer than 6 months but this is not immigrant visa to have permanent residency

your gf , or wife ,  will have to still meet the US poverty guidelines to support you

she will need US residency

she will need to fill (from Mexico) tax returns on her income there (over $100,000 is tax exempt ) but IRS will want the SS and medicare sections to be paid by her when she files

just my opinion but really this makes it harder as jobs are few and far between in Mexico with poor pay if you get one

just marry and do CR1 

the ds 5535 will be completed by the time you interview for spouse visa in about 14 months from filing

put on "your big boy pants"  as we say and be patient and do the CR1

allah yekbel

we all go thru a difficult and long process for a visa from Casa 

ours was 6 years (K1 in 2009 and IR1 visa given in 2015)

Timeline
7 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

you apply at the nearest Mexican embassy in your country for a mexican visa 

FM3 if you stay longer than 6 months but this is not immigrant visa to have permanent residency

your gf , or wife ,  will have to still meet the US poverty guidelines to support you

she will need US residency

she will need to fill (from Mexico) tax returns on her income there (over $100,000 is tax exempt ) but IRS will want the SS and medicare sections to be paid by her when she files

just my opinion but really this makes it harder as jobs are few and far between in Mexico with poor pay if you get one

just marry and do CR1 

the ds 5535 will be completed by the time you interview for spouse visa in about 14 months from filing

put on "your big boy pants"  as we say and be patient and do the CR1

allah yekbel

we all go thru a difficult and long process for a visa from Casa 

ours was 6 years (K1 in 2009 and IR1 visa given in 2015)

thank you .so you advoce me to do it .do u think things may go good in mexico ??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

there are 12 million Mexico people here (45% illegally)

Mexico loves to give visa to retired people as they have an income

i traveled to Mexico City (properous) and to the  beaches of Acapulco and Cancun

Why would you leave a country like yours with beautiful orange and olive groves and wheat fields and well fed animals 

to go to a country where (if you travel outside the big cities ) you see cattle that are skin and bone and people live in poverty

your chance of getting work in Mexico is not that good

Mexicans come to the US for jobs 

your choice is not a good idea at all

like the rest of us

get married

be patient and go thru the process 

you are trying to hurry something that can not be hurried

it is not easy

it is not cheap

it is not fast

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
5 hours ago, mohamed el amrani said:

thank you .so you advoce me to do it .do u think things may go good in mexico ??

I wouldn't think so

what work will you do?

can she make enough money in Mexico to support the CR1 application?

we get immigrants legal and illegal by the thousands every week looking to the US for jobs

Mind you,  what we say on this subject is our opinion and you have to do as you wish

she has to do tax returns while in Mexico and pay the required Social Security and medicare 

she has to make enough to support you

you would need both criminal reports from Morocco (a Fiche Anthropometrique and a Casier Judiciaire from the Central Police station at their place of residence. ) and one from Mexico (if you are able to go and live there while you wait)

you are doing this the hardest way possible 

marry in Morocco

Apply CR1

and be patient 

you can't rush the process

and trying to live in a poor poor country like Mexico is not goimg to be easy

8 hours ago, mohamed el amrani said:

So now ,due to my fancee is a Mexican American we dicided to get merried and go to mexico

Well we have experience in this!  We were able to DCF as I already had proof of residency there. 

There are a lot of things to be aware of.

First, you most likely won't be able to get a Mexican Visa as a single person. North Africans coming on a tourist visa is hard. Think USA hard.  But it only cost about $38 to apply.  Your fiance should be there with you to apply.

If you decide to marry in Morocco you will be abandoning your K1.  As long as your petitioner has either Mexican Citizenship or a green card, either temporary or permanent, they can apply for a family visa for you at the Mexican Embassy in Morocco or where you got married.  The petitioner will have to be with you at the Embassy.  They get interviewed too.  I prepared about two inches thick of my proof of property ownership and my residency status and our relationship.  The amazing thing is we got ours done in 5 hours.  Appointment at 10am, pick up passport with visa a 3pm.

Once you get to Mexico you will need to get your green card.  Mary's took about 6 weeks. Get a drivers license too. Make sure things like rent and utilities are in your name too. Then file the I-130 petition.  During that time you need to maintain your (legal) residency.  You might have a Mexican Green Card that is valid for a year, two, three or four years or forever.  It just depends if you get a temporary or permanent visa.   It has to be current at the time of interview and I've heard during the NVC process as well.  Nothing happens under pressure in Mexico.

You need to realize that Juarez is the busiest IV consulate in the world.  Right now, according to reports on VJ, it is backed up over 8 months to get an interview.

For your interview you will need police reports for Morocco and Chihuahua and a current Green Card.  Make sure you have a few years left on your passport before you go to Mexico.  When Mary interviewed she had to meet many requirements for both Mexico and Philippines for paperwork.  We got married in Hong Kong so there was a marriage certificate from there too.  Honestly I would expect that a DS5535 would be asked for as well.  Just because you are in Mexico you are still Moroccan.

Do you speak spanish? Do you intend to participate in the culture? Living in a border town in Mexico is pretty ruff.  I've done that.  You are going to be there for probably two or more years.   I haven't seen much North African culture in Juarez.  I have in Mexicali.  I've been to Casablanca and Fez and had a business in Juarez.  It is very different.

Mary lived in a tourist town and hour south of the border where a lot of english was spoken, had my friends around to support her and made her own friends and volunteered.  She had her own car and did speak a bit a spanish before arriving. I still traveled worldwide while she was living there. Again we were DCF so that was only for a total of 5 months.

If you acknowledge that this is going to be a longer process and want to just be closer to each other then I would say go for it. 

Best wishes.   Feel free to PM me if you want.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

After reading all the comments I thought I would put my 2 cents in. My husband is from Tunisia and I live on the west coast of the US. We had the extra scrutiny from him being North African, the time difference was hard, and it cost a ton to travel to see each other but in the end, it was totally worth the wait. From what I can see, you are thinking about changing from a more guaranteed path (k-1 visa) to the much harder, more circumstantial/tons of unknowns to just be closer to each other. While that might seem ideal considerating that you miss each other a lot, is it really worth the possibility that the wait time, to get the US could double/triple?

Plus if you get married, you cannot get a K-1 visa, you must refile for the CR1. So all the money and time spent on the k-1 will be wasted.  

In the end, it's ultimately up to you two. If you really can't decide, talk to an immigration lawyer so they can review your specific situation. 

Good luck! ❤️

Edited by Fadae

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Just my opinion but I think you'd be making things harder on yourself and your fiancee'....and for what ? I cannot tell you the countless stories of others who have been separated from the one they love for years and years !!!!!  Personally, if you were my fiancee' I'd tell you stay put and i'll make as many trips to Morocco as I possibly can while you get through this. Get married in Morocco and do the CR1. Either way, you're looking at a long separation. It's hard to think logically when love is involved but you have to think long term. Best of luck !

u10nm5.png

hSSvm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.