Debzib88

Anybody else feel slightly crazy!!

36 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Apple Bee said:

I submitted all my documents to NVC on 3/8/19 and got case complete a week later so I think you may hear from them pretty soon.

That's exciting! I'm happy for you and I'm excited to see the next steps! Thank you for encouraging words.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
6 minutes ago, MrsRamirez said:

That's exciting! I'm happy for you and I'm excited to see the next steps! Thank you for encouraging words.

Yes it certainly is exciting. I'm nervous for my husband for his interview even though we haven't gotten a date yet. It'll be great when this is over.

Good luck to you and best wishes!

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

4 minutes ago, Apple Bee said:

Yes it certainly is exciting. I'm nervous for my husband for his interview even though we haven't gotten a date yet. It'll be great when this is over.

Good luck to you and best wishes!

I'm nervous too and I think my husband is too.  But everything will work out just fine! we did not get this far to turn back or be fearful! we got this!!! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Just now, MrsRamirez said:

I'm nervous too and I think my husband is too.  But everything will work out just fine! we did not get this far to turn back or be fearful! we got this!!! :)

You're right! Thanks:content:

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

No you're not alone in feeling like you're going crazy with this process...  my husband and I received approval of the I-130 petition about a week after you did, so we're also waiting for our file to arrive at NVC, it's been four weeks now so it should get there any day.  Then according to other recent experiences like ours here on VJ it's taking another 8 weeks after arrival for NVC to assign a case number.... then after that you can upload or send in the required and optional documents, pay fees, etc., and they take about 3 weeks after receiving all of that to process the file and then schedule your interview.  So we're almost there, patience, patience!  I've become a more patient person through this process, I guess that's a good thing!  Gather documents and convert them to PDF in case you are asked to upload everything, complete the affidavit of support, get 2018 tax return ready or transcript, additional evidence of bona fide relationship, etc. so you're ready to submit it all when you get the NVC case number in (hopefully) about 8 weeks.  Hang in there!  And all the best with your final few months of pregnancy and delivery!!

I have been going through the same craziness ever since our petition got approved last month. 5 weeks and nvc still hasn't received my petition yet.

The waiting game is just unnecessary, it shouldn't take this long for a simple case transfer from USCIS to nvc

I have noticed that once nvc generates a case number, the process moves very quickly especially now that they have streamlined everything electronically with the introduction of the PIVOT system.

I wish they had digitized the transfer of cases from USCIS to nvc too. 

NOA1: Feb 13 2018

NOA2: Feb 15 2019

NVC Case Number assigned: Apr 3 2019

NVC IV Fees paid: Apr 5 2019

DS-260 filled: Apr 10 2019

IV Docs submitted: Apr 12 2019

IV Docs resubmitted: May 1 2019

Case complete: may 3 2019

Expedite requested: May 15 2019

Expedite approved: May 23 2019

Case sent to Consulate: May 24 2018

Case status Ready: May 28 2019

Interview date: June 20 2019

Interview status: Approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
17 hours ago, Debzib88 said:

Please tell me I'm not the only one who is constantly checking her emails for updates. 👀 😂 I'm trying to be patient and hope I hear from the NVC soon. but it's so hard! I feel like I'm glued to my phone lol It took 8 months for our i130 to be approved, and now we've been waiting almost 4 weeks since USCIS sent our petition to the NVC. I just want the rest of the process over and done with so I can be with my husband 😩 How is everyone's process going so far?

I so appreciate your sharing your feelings about this! I've been checking my phone constantly through each phase of this process. Of course, we're impatient. We're waiting for something that's very important in our lives, and going through a very slow and complicated process to make it happen. How could anyone be calm?!? I have to admit that I'm finding it exciting. As each step of our K1 process happens, it feels like a victory, and we're on to the next step until he is finally here!

9 hours ago, carmel34 said:

No you're not alone in feeling like you're going crazy with this process...  my husband and I received approval of the I-130 petition about a week after you did, so we're also waiting for our file to arrive at NVC, it's been four weeks now so it should get there any day.  Then according to other recent experiences like ours here on VJ it's taking another 8 weeks after arrival for NVC to assign a case number.... then after that you can upload or send in the required and optional documents, pay fees, etc., and they take about 3 weeks after receiving all of that to process the file and then schedule your interview.  So we're almost there, patience, patience!  I've become a more patient person through this process, I guess that's a good thing!  Gather documents and convert them to PDF in case you are asked to upload everything, complete the affidavit of support, get 2018 tax return ready or transcript, additional evidence of bona fide relationship, etc. so you're ready to submit it all when you get the NVC case number in (hopefully) about 8 weeks.  Hang in there!  And all the best with your final few months of pregnancy and delivery!!

Ooooh timeline sisters 🙊 I've been trying to find someone who has a similar time line to myself. Thanks for the information. I can kind of get an estimate of how long it's going to take, I know I have to get a police certificate but I'm unsure on the length of time they are valid for. I'm so glad this part goes quicker, thank youuuu I can't wait to start our family. 

6 hours ago, dxb_Indian said:

I have been going through the same craziness ever since our petition got approved last month. 5 weeks and nvc still hasn't received my petition yet.

The waiting game is just unnecessary, it shouldn't take this long for a simple case transfer from USCIS to nvc

I have noticed that once nvc generates a case number, the process moves very quickly especially now that they have streamlined everything electronically with the introduction of the PIVOT system.

I wish they had digitized the transfer of cases from USCIS to nvc too. 

You should hear something soon. My fingers are crossed for you!! I think from start to finish takes about a year. Your almost at the finish line. We all are. And it's so exiting. 

31 minutes ago, Joyoussinger said:

I so appreciate your sharing your feelings about this! I've been checking my phone constantly through each phase of this process. Of course, we're impatient. We're waiting for something that's very important in our lives, and going through a very slow and complicated process to make it happen. How could anyone be calm?!? I have to admit that I'm finding it exciting. As each step of our K1 process happens, it feels like a victory, and we're on to the next step until he is finally here!

It's so nice not feeling alone lol it's definitely exiting. especially now we're almost at the finish line. I'm quite looking forward to the Interview. Any excuse to talk about how much I love my husband lol  

1 hour ago, nastra30 said:

Unfortunately, that's part of the immigration dance. Dancing with USCIS and NVC. Show made for TV. Goodluck to everyone.

They should actually make a tv show to do with long distance relationships and immigrating, Good luck to you too. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Debzib88 said:

They should actually make a tv show to do with long distance relationships and immigrating, Good luck to you too. 

There is  TV series called "90 Day Fiance". I've never seen it, so I don't know how accurately it depicts our experiences.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

crazy and paranoid here with our 6 year process (k1 in 2009 /visa July 2015)

waited for the mail every day

checked email multiple times

crazy drove me to hire a lawyer and wasted that money

thank God, in the end , he is here and we now wait for the process of citizenship to end (filed in 9/2018)

after that i am having a bonfire with all this as i have a file drawer full

Best to you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
22 hours ago, Debzib88 said:

Please tell me I'm not the only one who is constantly checking her emails for updates. 👀 😂 I'm trying to be patient and hope I hear from the NVC soon. but it's so hard! I feel like I'm glued to my phone lol It took 8 months for our i130 to be approved, and now we've been waiting almost 4 weeks since USCIS sent our petition to the NVC. I just want the rest of the process over and done with so I can be with my husband 😩 How is everyone's process going so far?

I feel you same here but keep yourself busy one day you will hear good news from them. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.