TBoneTX

January 2019 K-1 NOA2 ---> NVC (Part 2)

277 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Hurryupnwait said:

question sense I have to do two ds160s  wen I schedule the interview how will that work? Sense my step child will go along..

And is it two separate fees that need to b paid?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Hurryupnwait said:

And is it two separate fees that need to b paid?

2 visas, 2 fees.  There are more experienced folks here regarding K-2s.  I’m sure there must be a thread on VJ with discussion and specifics.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mekulisch said:

2 visas, 2 fees.  There are more experienced folks here regarding K-2s.  I’m sure there must be a thread on VJ with discussion and specifics.

Ok thanks for being so helpful 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
4 hours ago, Savanna0501 said:

@Greenbaum @DanielPlainview Can either of you guys (or anyone else) give me some advice on Miami POE for my fiancé? He is flying into Miami and his flight arrives at 11:30 AM and his next flight leaves for Chicago at 4:58 PM. Will this be a safe enough layover for immigration? 

I agree with Jeffo.........that should be absolutely fine for immigration, and a good overall plan.  As long as the airline runs on schedule, should be no problem.  

The worst that would happen is that he may be delayed, but very very unlikely with a 5 1/2 hour layover.  Most likely, he will just be bored.   🤩

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, clw654321 said:

If all of his paperwork is right he will be fine.

Me personally I am not going to give my fiancée a layover in the US. First landing in the US will be the last. Just my personal preference. Straight to Houston from Asia.

Same here.  We are flying from Manila to Korea.  4 hour layover in Korea.  Then from Korea to Dallas (DFW).

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jay Jones said:

Same here.  We are flying from Manila to Korea.  4 hour layover in Korea.  Then from Korea to Dallas (DFW).

I didn’t really think about her layover time with her being on a visa to the US. Even her layover in Taiwan before Houston probably should be several hours to be safe...

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jay Jones said:

What airline do you use @Jay Jones?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, clw654321 said:

What airline do you use @Jay Jones?

Korean Air

Timeline
Just now, Jay Jones said:

Korean Air

Ok. I used EVA both times I went with layover in Taipei and we like their flight times so she will probably just use them.

Timeline
Just now, clw654321 said:

Ok. I used EVA both times I went with layover in Taipei and we like their flight times so she will probably just use them.

In the past I've used Asiana because it flies out of Clark Air Base.  I live about 15 minutes from there.  In this case my daughter is on my plan so I had enough Skypass Miles for me and my daughter but I had to pay for a 1 way ticket for my fiancé.  One way for all of us from Manila to DFW cost me about $1,200.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jay Jones said:

In the past I've used Asiana because it flies out of Clark Air Base.  I live about 15 minutes from there.  In this case my daughter is on my plan so I had enough Skypass Miles for me and my daughter but I had to pay for a 1 way ticket for my fiancé.  One way for all of us from Manila to DFW cost me about $1,200.

Wow that is cheap for 3 people!

With EVA for myself I spent between 850-1050 each time round trip. It will cost about 1050 just for a one way for fiancée. All Manila-Taipei-Houston 

Edited by clw654321
@

5 hours ago, clw654321 said:

I didn’t really think about her layover time with her being on a visa to the US. Even her layover in Taiwan before Houston probably should be several hours to be safe...

Layovers in countries you are in route through to get to the POE doesn't need to be that long. Once she is at the POE she should have at least 4 hours between flights. At the POE she has to transverse through immigration, baggage claim, customs and then onto her onward gate. Just my experience.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Layovers in countries you are in route through to get to the POE doesn't need to be that long. Once she is at the POE she should have at least 4 hours between flights. At the POE she has to transverse through immigration, baggage claim, customs and then onto her onward gate. Just my experience.

Ok. I was thinking the layover shouldn’t matter at first then I started thinking too much lol..

Her layover in Taiwan would only be 50 minutes. Would that be fine? I have done that layover twice. If not then the other option is like 7 hour layover there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.