2,985 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Donjuan98 said:

Hi, i want to let you know that they approved my case today and it took exactly 22.5 months 

My dates are:

June 15, 2017 fees were waived.

On november i got an rfe

On junuary 23 they receive the evidence

And today i got approved

Congratulations! Delay is no denial. That is what I tell people. Some people who submitted in September has been approved while you got your now. We appreciate God and I know it’s not easy to bear such burden. God is never late. What is the rfe about? Thanks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, Donjuan98 said:

Hi, i want to let you know that they approved my case today and it took exactly 22.5 months 

My dates are:

June 15, 2017 fees were waived.

On november i got an rfe

On junuary 23 they receive the evidence

And today i got approved

Congratulations!!! All good to go for the next step 🤩

1 hour ago, Sunnyman said:

Congratulations! Delay is no denial. That is what I tell people. Some people who submitted in September has been approved while you got your now. We appreciate God and I know it’s not easy to bear such burden. God is never late. What is the rfe about? Thanks

Real talk! God's time is always the best!

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello everyone so I’m gunna file for vawa next week I’m kinda scare that it might affect me In any way , i have so many questions like how long does it take , will I be able to travel out of the country , can I work can anyone help me

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
19 hours ago, waqasah said:

Hi,

I was told to join this forum for suggestions and tips to proceed with VAWA application. First of all, I am male victim of abuse. Let me make this story short for you. I have facing mental and physical abuse for at least 14 months. My wife has thrown knives, scissors and utensils on me several time. I am going to apply for VAWA. I need your suggestions. I have these things to go.

1. Medical Note from doctor about my injuries (it does not state about abuse). 
  2. Joint Lease of TWO YEARS 
  3. Joint bank account with running statements of TWO YEARS
  4. Some pictures from other sources (since she had destroyed my laptop and cellphone). 
  5. Auto Insurance (she is an excluded driver as she had no driver's license). 
  6. Bill copies of two years (all on her name since I had no ssn at that time). 
  7. Affidavits from our common friends about the abuse 
  8. Affidavits from my boss (she came and assaulted me and yelled at me) 
  9. Psychologist's evaluation 
  10. Some pictures of my wounds and physical abuse. 
  11. A declaration from our landlord about me and my wife living together and good tenants ( not confirmed yet but he willing to give it to me).

I have one fear. For some months, I had to work on odd jobs to make money for her as she was getting very brutal on those days. Is it gonna affect my VAWA application? What kind of other proofs should I gather before jumping into this process?  I would really appreciate your help. 

Moreover, I also have one question. Is my EAD going to be ceased or revoked if I go with VAWA? What would I do then? I do not want to be a burden for other people. I want to make my own money. I want to proceed with studies too. Probably, something in healthcare. Please, suggest me something.  

Your work will not affect your VAWA at all. If  your spotse withdraws the AOS the USCIS will deny your AOS and your EAD will become null and void then just refile the AOS again. In your affidavit make sue to describe the Courtship very well,at least 2/3 pages.Explain as well why you didn't mention to the doctor about the abuse. Write on the back of the pictures  where and were taken the pictures and mention  that  you are the one in the picture. Get affidavits from family and friends stating bonafide marriage and abuse if they know about the abuse. 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Godschild said:

Question, Have anyone had a VAWA approval within 1yr? I see so many people waiting 1.5yrs or even longer. Anyone waiting 1yr or less for VAWA approval?

Until 2017 VAWA used to take 6/9 months to be ajudicated, not anymore.They are taking  16/20 months to adjudicate the VAWA petition.

Timeline
5 hours ago, waqasah said:

Understood. My EAD is gonna be expired in January, 2020. So I am really confused. For studies, I need grants that I can't obtain wothout GC. Should I write it down about my studies and EAD in my personal statement? 

Your spouse has the right to withdraws form I-130/I-864, that being said it won't make difference to USCIS if you  mention that you need the EAD  because if she withdraws you can refile a new AOS. USCIS will not expedite your I-360 /I-485 because you are a student and need grants to continue studying.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Luisa ruiz said:

Hello everyone so I’m gunna file for vawa next week I’m kinda scare that it might affect me In any way , i have so many questions like how long does it take , will I be able to travel out of the country , can I work can anyone help me

I suggest you start reading from VAWA  thread  part 7  until now and you will have a lot of information about VAWA. You can work if you file for I-360 and the Adjustment of status as well and  you can file form I-765 to obtain a work permit. 

2 minutes ago, MelTex30 said:

Hi everyone. Just an update on my case. It was approved on April 16 and today I got the notification that my card was mailed to me. Praise God! 

1D71922E-900F-4124-BDA6-5720DB63D94C.png

God is good! He will be praised for ever! Congrats. May congratulations never cease from your life! I wish everyone here the best! God will come through for us all AMEN!🙏

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 hour ago, sandranj said:

Until 2017 VAWA used to take 6/9 months to be ajudicated, not anymore.They are taking  16/20 months to adjudicate the VAWA petition.

What factors have contributed to the slowdown, Sandra?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Holy mackerel -- I had no idea.  I appreciate this knowledge.  Our rightfully anxious friends in this thread who may feel personally ignored as human beings can now pray hard for the Vermont officers who are probably trying their best to make progress under the overwhelming circumstances.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kuwait
Timeline
4 hours ago, sandranj said:

Your work will not affect your VAWA at all. If  your spotse withdraws the AOS the USCIS will deny your AOS and your EAD will become null and void then just refile the AOS again. In your affidavit make sue to describe the Courtship very well,at least 2/3 pages.Explain as well why you didn't mention to the doctor about the abuse. Write on the back of the pictures  where and were taken the pictures and mention  that  you are the one in the picture. Get affidavits from family and friends stating bonafide marriage and abuse if they know about the abuse. 

Can you describe specifically about the details of COURTSHIP? What you want to see in my affidavit? Should I include intimate details?We dated only six months before jumping into marriage. I have her old text messages as well as some letters and card that she bought for me. Should I send the cards or should I send some pictures of her letters and cards? Moreover, she gave me gifts too. Should I print any text messages ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.