2,985 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

It happen to me, uscis sends notification to you previous lawyer and ex-abuser.

you won’t get anything, your new lawyer must request the Noa to your ex-lawyer.

the new I485 “reopen” hours to your new lawyer only but you can request a copy from him/her.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply, I don’t think I can get that from my ex lawyer. But what was the NOA about, as they “reopened” my past i485? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
30 minutes ago, monoxidelullaby said:

Thanks for the reply, I don’t think I can get that from my ex lawyer. But what was the NOA about, as they “reopened” my past i485? 

Yes you can! You need to sign a form so your lawyer today can request it directly to your ex- lawyer BUT it isn’t necessary the important one is the new NOA so request a copy to your lawyer  as soon as they get it.

It is best to keep a copy of all your file for your records! I have mine!

Timeline
13 hours ago, Valerie899 said:

Oh okay thank you ☺

It could be a picture of the original packet you filed too.

I got EAD (c31) with that picture and EAD (c09) from biometrics.

46 minutes ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

Yes you can! You need to sign a form so your lawyer today can request it directly to your ex- lawyer BUT it isn’t necessary the important one is the new NOA so request a copy to your lawyer  as soon as they get it.

It is best to keep a copy of all your file for your records! I have mine!

What do you mean by “new one”?

I am talking about my old I485 that I canceled and closed which online status says “Case was reopened”. 

I am just wondering what do they mean by case was reopened, that status was up since September 2018. 

Filed: Other Country: Kenya
Timeline
16 hours ago, blujewel said:

Hi everyone. i am an Oct 2017 filer. I had my I131 approved on march 12th(applied Dec 2018). Got the approval notice but never received the document itself. A month after i got my EAD (applied October 2018) approved too C9 but not valid for re entry was written on it. So i called Uscis today, spoke with a second level officer who said my bio metrics is incomplete thats why i didnt receive the documents. Is anyone familiar with this situation? Why did they approve me if they couldn't find my bio metrics after they said i didn't need to do bio metrics when i applied? I got my EAD IN hand with my previous bio metrics. The officer promised to escalate my request. I just want to know if anyone has experienced this before so he or she can guide me. Thanks guys

2 minutes ago, monoxidelullaby said:

I am talking about my old I485 that I canceled and closed which online status says “Case was reopened”. 

I am just wondering what do they mean by case was reopened, that status was up since September 2018. 

You've established that you had an old i485! Ok so did you file a new one? Just trying to understand what's going on here..as the responses are not tallying with the question asked. Was tge old one denied at any point? I understand your confusion at the current status saying reopened! Did you ever ask for it to be held pending vawa adjucation? 

21 hours ago, Islanderk said:

Can you update on when you get the physical card in hand please

I just received a notification with the tracking number. I think the cards come from the distribution center in Kansas City, MO. So as per the the tracking info, it’s still in MO. The card goes to my lawyer, so I will let you know when it reaches my lawyers office.

9 minutes ago, monoxidelullaby said:

Also she probably didn't understand what you meant before responding...anyway I see you said you cancelled it..wanted to know if you filed a new one. I know they sometimes go crazy with updates..which doesn't apply..let's hope that is the case so they don't complicate things for you.

1 minute ago, MelTex30 said:

I just received a notification with the tracking number. I think the cards come from the distribution center in Kansas City, MO. So as per the the tracking info, it’s still in MO. The card goes to my lawyer, so I will let you know when it reaches my lawyers office.

Wow! Must be a thrilling experience knowing your card is slowly making it's way to you..where it's meant to be! Thank God!😊

5 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

You've established that you had an old i485! Ok so did you file a new one? Just trying to understand what's going on here..as the responses are not tallying with the question asked. Was tge old one denied at any point? I understand your confusion at the current status saying reopened! Did you ever ask for it to be held pending vawa adjucation? 

Thanks!

I filed i360 new i485 in August 2018, at the same time my lawyer canceled the old i485 through letter while sending my VAWA application. Shortly after I received status update for my old i485 that it was reopened and that they mailed some notice. I never received the notice as they sent it to my husband address at out old apartment. 

I was just wondering what does it mean reopened as it doesn’t say it’s canceled or something. 

3 minutes ago, monoxidelullaby said:

Thanks!

I filed i360 new i485 in August 2018, at the same time my lawyer canceled the old i485 through letter while sending my VAWA application. Shortly after I received status update for my old i485 that it was reopened and that they mailed some notice. I never received the notice as they sent it to my husband address at out old apartment. 

I was just wondering what does it mean reopened as it doesn’t say it’s canceled or something. 

Well if it was cancelled, it has no business being reopened without any prompt from you or your attorney! My first thought is probably an error on their part whicg is not unusual. But most importantly you or your attorney shoukd find out what notice was sent out. Your attorney knows what to do. You could schedule an info pass as well. Do not ignore it totally.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, monoxidelullaby said:

I assuming USCIS acknowledged previous I485 so now with Vawa they put it on “pending Vawa Approval” 

they don’t accurately update online, my observation. You can not relayed on it. 

Unless you apply again as I did, so my previous was cancel and now I am

waiting for Interview to come...

but if it was cancel then is a computer error.

Edited by FridayGirl@69

18 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Wow! Must be a thrilling experience knowing your card is slowly making it's way to you..where it's meant to be! Thank God!😊

I’m very anxious with the postal system because when my VAWA got approved, my C31 got lost in the mail. It took them 7 months to resend my card. So I’m on the edge of my seat waiting. 

1 minute ago, MelTex30 said:

I’m very anxious with the postal system because when my VAWA got approved, my C31 got lost in the mail. It took them 7 months to resend my card. So I’m on the edge of my seat waiting. 

Lol😂😂 I can understand that...but don't worry dear, this one is coming to you! The angels are escourting it straight into your hands!🙏😊

Timeline
2 minutes ago, MelTex30 said:

🥳 🇺🇸💫👏🏼 love it! It is going to be in your hands shortly 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.