80 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, Unlockable said:

Confused. How does cases get expedited if they were not requested? Also, the congressman does not request expedites.

I believe since the EAD and the AP are on one card, they just took my case and expedited the whole thing. The employee of the congressman whom I talked to told me that usually, when "they" start poking around a little bit USCIS reacts by giving interview appointments as their first action. 

2 minutes ago, Mulugulu said:

I believe since the EAD and the AP are on one card, they just took my case and expedited the whole thing. The employee of the congressman whom I talked to told me that usually, when "they" start poking around a little bit USCIS reacts by giving interview appointments as their first action. 

2 minutes ago, geowrian said:

I thought the same, but then realized that I think he means an expedite was requested on the I-131 but not the I-765. But both were approved (since they are almost always adjudicated together). That explains why the case is waiting for an interview now as well, as that is the next step once they complete initial review as necessary for the I-131 and/or I-765.

Ahh, OK.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
20 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Looking at those numbers I would say 5 months, and presumably a mixture of expedited and non expedited?

My 8 months? comment was on the basis of a few comments by those who have spoken to a tier 2 and have been told a date they are currently processing, now the accuracy is of course suspect.

So all we know for sure is that it is taking a long time to very long time so anybody in this situation should assume an expedite in their plans.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, Mulugulu said:

Just for clarification they do issue EAD and AP on one card for those that ask for both- however they are two separate things and can be issued individually. Typically when someone asks for expedited travel privileges they are issued an emergency AP document. Its a piece of paper- not a card. And vice versa when someone asks for expedited EAD they can get just an EAD card. Often those asking for EAD expedites are given the combo card (but not always)  those asking for AP are rarely given the combo card and get the paper travel doc only...(when its processed as an expedite)

Sometimes asking for an expedite can cause USCIS to look at your file and push it through to the next step rather then pulling it from the line and processing an expedite and placing it back in line.

@Mulugulu I am very happy to hear things worked out. Generally I do not like when people post things like 'dont listen to the experts'.  If there is incorrect information being posted and shared its much appreciated for it to be corrected.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

Just for clarification they do issue EAD and AP on one card for those that ask for both- however they are two separate things and can be issued individually. Typically when someone asks for expedited travel privileges they are issued an emergency AP document. Its a piece of paper- not a card. And vice versa when someone asks for expedited EAD they can get just an EAD card. Often those asking for EAD expedites are given the combo card (but not always)  those asking for AP are rarely given the combo card and get the paper travel doc only...(when its processed as an expedite)

Sometimes asking for an expedite can cause USCIS to look at your file and push it through to the next step rather then pulling it from the line and processing an expedite and placing it back in line.

@Mulugulu I am very happy to hear things worked out. Generally I do not like when people post things like 'dont listen to the experts'.  If there is incorrect information being posted and shared its much appreciated for it to be corrected.

Thank you for your message Villanelle!

Your previous posts have been very helpful and encouraging as well.

My last comment was not directed towards you. 

I was referring to those on the forum, who - from the beginning - said it would not work and I should postpone the wedding... 

However, we are very happy it worked out to our benefit. We would not have filed to expedite our request, if it would not have been necessary. 

Thanks everyone for your help and advice! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.