Vvee

I-130 Filers March 2019

643 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, JMPM said:

Took 6 days for my case to get to NVC, but that's the first step. So they got the petition. Then you have to wait for a case number to be assigned. You can see the timeline using this website. nvc.state.gov  When you see that your time frame is close. Then it's time to keep calling for the case number. 

It took only 6 days? I’m at 14 days after I receive a status that USCIS is transfering my files to NVC or 4 weeks since my approval of I130.

Spoiler

03/04/2019: Mailed I-130 Form to Phoenix lockbox.

03/06/2019: USCIS receives application/priority date.

03/08/2019: Credit card charge went pending.

03/12/2019: NOA1 Text – routed to SRC.

03/16/2019: NOA1 Physical Mail (Notice date 3/11/2019).

08/15/2019: NOA2 Email and Text.

08/20/2019: NOA2 Physical Mail.

08/30/2019: Case sent to NVC.

09/10/2019: NVC received case.

10/04/2019: Received email case creation and paid AOS & IV fees.

10/09/2019: Uploaded and submitted all documents required to NVC.

10/17/2019: Received email that there was a change on our case. I checked and all documents were approved.

10/18/2019: Received email that we are Documentarily Qualified.

10/24/2019: Received immigrant visa interview appointment via email.

35 minutes ago, jimfleurieee said:

I thought the same on the side note. It most definitely did impact it. You will get a letter in the mail that your K3 was denied. For some reason they don't update the status electronically. I know first hand since this happened to me and til to this day the status online is still the same.

Interesting and good to know because I was wondering if the k3 would get denied soon 

1 hour ago, FloraTen said:

Interesting and good to know because I was wondering if the k3 would get denied soon 

Expect the mail to arrive from 2 to 3 weeks after the approval.

Spoiler

03/04/2019: Mailed I-130 Form to Phoenix lockbox.

03/06/2019: USCIS receives application/priority date.

03/08/2019: Credit card charge went pending.

03/12/2019: NOA1 Text – routed to SRC.

03/16/2019: NOA1 Physical Mail (Notice date 3/11/2019).

08/15/2019: NOA2 Email and Text.

08/20/2019: NOA2 Physical Mail.

08/30/2019: Case sent to NVC.

09/10/2019: NVC received case.

10/04/2019: Received email case creation and paid AOS & IV fees.

10/09/2019: Uploaded and submitted all documents required to NVC.

10/17/2019: Received email that there was a change on our case. I checked and all documents were approved.

10/18/2019: Received email that we are Documentarily Qualified.

10/24/2019: Received immigrant visa interview appointment via email.

2 hours ago, jimfleurieee said:

It took only 6 days? I’m at 14 days after I receive a status that USCIS is transfering my files to NVC or 4 weeks since my approval of I130.

When they updated that they sent it. 

My case was approved on 7/31 but they sent it 9/4. I called yesterday and they advised me it was received on 9/10 

Edited by JMPM

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, jimfleurieee said:

Mine was Approved on 9/6. But i wasn't notified until the 9/9. I received the 2nd NOA in the mail on yesterday.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
On 9/13/2019 at 1:01 PM, JMPM said:

Took 6 days for my case to get to NVC, but that's the first step. So they got the petition. Then you have to wait for a case number to be assigned. You can see the timeline using this website. nvc.state.gov  When you see that your time frame is close. Then it's time to keep calling for the case number. 

@JMPM how did you find out when your case was received by NVC?

I was approved and transferred over to NVC on 8/28. I keep calling, but nothing yet. 

1 hour ago, JudithnFranki19 said:

@JMPM how did you find out when your case was received by NVC?

I was approved and transferred over to NVC on 8/28. I keep calling, but nothing yet. 

I kept calling. I was approved on 7/31, case was sent on 9/4, they received it on 9/10.

Side note. I did call 9/10, 9/11, and 9/12 is when they confirmed they got it on 9/10. 

I am going to give it till 9/24 before I start calling again usually on Tuesday and Friday, the following week I'll do M W F, until I get a case number. 

It just sucks with NVC since only the first call for me was quick. Every other call has been 1 hour 45+ mins. I am cool that I can use google voice and my wireless headset for my computer, but i rather spend time chatting with my wife, or watching a Netflix show or something else productive.  So my routine next time will be come home, dial, do chores until they pick up. 

Hopefully you get news next time you call.

02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, JMPM said:

I kept calling. I was approved on 7/31, case was sent on 9/4, they received it on 9/10.

Side note. I did call 9/10, 9/11, and 9/12 is when they confirmed they got it on 9/10. 

I am going to give it till 9/24 before I start calling again usually on Tuesday and Friday, the following week I'll do M W F, until I get a case number. 

It just sucks with NVC since only the first call for me was quick. Every other call has been 1 hour 45+ mins. I am cool that I can use google voice and my wireless headset for my computer, but i rather spend time chatting with my wife, or watching a Netflix show or something else productive.  So my routine next time will be come home, dial, do chores until they pick up. 

Hopefully you get news next time you call.

Thanks so much for your response. It looks like I’ll be doing the same thing. I’ve noticed that calling early in the morning gets you through to a rep faster. However this is an early morning when I’m in pacific time...

Please keep me informed of when you finally get your case number. Best of luck!

7 minutes ago, JudithnFranki19 said:

Thanks so much for your response. It looks like I’ll be doing the same thing. I’ve noticed that calling early in the morning gets you through to a rep faster. However this is an early morning when I’m in pacific time...

Please keep me informed of when you finally get your case number. Best of luck!

If you want you can follow my timeline for email updates :P I sometimes don't really announce 'I got this' on the forums. I mean it's cool that others do, but i am more of a behind the scene guy lol. but i will update the timeline for statistics 

Hi everyone,

congrats on your progress!

i still have no communication at all after USCIS approval on June 20th!!!

we have emailed NVC twice and they just said that it would take a bit longer than the 30 days mentioned because of our piloted time frame for approval. When I checked the case number in uSCIS it just said approval notice, that’s all, nothing about case sent to NVC 

what should I do now? Shall I call NVC? Is anybody else waiting for almost 3 months for the transfer? 

Thanks!

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 hours ago, Mr&Mrs Marshie said:

Hi everyone,

congrats on your progress!

i still have no communication at all after USCIS approval on June 20th!!!

we have emailed NVC twice and they just said that it would take a bit longer than the 30 days mentioned because of our piloted time frame for approval. When I checked the case number in uSCIS it just said approval notice, that’s all, nothing about case sent to NVC 

what should I do now? Shall I call NVC? Is anybody else waiting for almost 3 months for the transfer? 

Thanks!

I would call & call and keep calling. I've learned that in this journey you have to worry the heck out of them to get things moving. When i did my husband petition i used to call once a week until i got a answer. Now that I'm doing my stepson petition. I'm going to wait 2 weeks for it to be sent to NVC. Yhen I'm going to hound them until i get my case number lol.

Timeline

So I’m not quite at this stage yet, but as I am waiting for NVC to receive my case I am trying to compile all of the documents needed for the 6 steps that will need to be completed before getting an interview date. Can anyone here tell me if NVC requires a birth certificate for the petitioner? When I submitted my I-130 all I sent was proof of citizenship, and for that I mailed a copy of my passport. Now since I am not a US born, I’m not sure if it would be safe to go ahead and get a birth certificate from my country of birth? or would my passport be sufficient?

Edited by JudithnFranki19

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 minute ago, TJL said:

NOA2 Received! (Dated 9/12/2019)

Our original filing date was March 12, 2019.

Onward and Upward! 

Congrats and thanks for sharing! Regular filing or k3/expedite??

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.