ordjnb

Has anyone applied a day early successfully? (merged)

21 posts in this topic

Well this just got me really stressed. 

I was eligible on Nov 12 2018 and saw around 10pm November 11 2018 that I could apply do I did. 

So I definitely applied before I should because the online system allowed me to. My priority date is Nov 11th and received date is Nov 12.

Anything I should do? 

Withdraw and reapply if you want to be 100% certain of not getting denied for applying too early.

If they dig into it they may well see you applied before you were eligible. You are rolling the dice if you proceed with that application.

Edited by Hypnos

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

5 hours ago, Hypnos said:

Withdraw and reapply if you want to be 100% certain of not getting denied for applying too early.

If they dig into it they may well see you applied before you were eligible. You are rolling the dice if you proceed with that application.

I'm more than 3 months in. Looks like regardless I'd have to re-apply if they dig into it. If they don't I don't have to but I'll only find out on interview day? Seeing as you're aware of other in this situation what was the final tally of rejections/approvals for folks with a priority day one day less their recieves date? I've read it's at the discretion of some offices. 

My application itself has 11/12/2018 dated which is the date I was eligible. Is this something I choose or the system writes in for me? I don't remember. I officlaly did it on 11/11/2018 so I don't know why it shows 11/12/2018.

Super annoyed. I even remember just deciding to check my application couple hours before proceeding and seeing it open thought I'd be good to go to apply as it was always closed for me otherwise. What I get for being so trigger happy. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
4 hours ago, ordjnb said:

I'm more than 3 months in. Looks like regardless I'd have to re-apply if they dig into it. If they don't I don't have to but I'll only find out on interview day? Seeing as you're aware of other in this situation what was the final tally of rejections/approvals for folks with a priority day one day less their recieves date? I've read it's at the discretion of some offices. 

My application itself has 11/12/2018 dated which is the date I was eligible. Is this something I choose or the system writes in for me? I don't remember. I officlaly did it on 11/11/2018 so I don't know why it shows 11/12/2018.

Super annoyed. I even remember just deciding to check my application couple hours before proceeding and seeing it open thought I'd be good to go to apply as it was always closed for me otherwise. What I get for being so trigger happy. 

You're just 3 months in the process it's not still too late to withdraw and reapply so you have no issues with this. This won't look pretty when you're at the end after waiting almost a year long for you to be denied. It all boils down to the day you were eligible to file for naturalization and applied not if the system let you do it. The question you should ask yourself is if the day you submitted your application the same day in your timezone matching your window of eligibility? Your case isn't similar to Hypnos' because you applied 1 day early on the 11th meanwhile your window of eligibility was the 12th. Hypnos' case was different because he applied on the same day he was eligible according to the day and time zone where he resides though he did it at a very odd hour past midnight. That was exactly how he was able to resolve this issue after his denial, even though the computer put his priority date a day early to make it seem as though he applied 1 day early before he was eligible. My advice is withdraw and reapply at least at this point all you're gonna lose is your fees and 3 months of time. It will be worse if you lose your fees and a year worth of time only to start all over again.

Edited by Starkilla09

Adjustment of Status From F-1 Visa.

8/14/2014: Mailed AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765.

8/18/2014: Accepted in Chicago. Transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

8/21/2014: Received NOA 1. I-130, I-485, I-765 in mail.

8/25/2014: Received biometrics in mail. Scheduled for 9/8/2014

9/24/2014: EAD approved. 36 Days!

10/01/2014: EAD mailed.

10/03/2014: Received EAD card.

10/14/2014: I-485 moved to testing and interview.

1/28/2015: Interview scheduled for 3/4/2015.

1/31/2015: Received interview notice.

3/4/2015: Interview completed and APPROVED!

3/5/2015: Welcome notice mailed and I-130 Approved.

3/10/2015: Welcome notice and I-130 approval notice received.

3/12/2015: Green card mailed.

3/14/2015: Green card delivered.

Removal of Conditions: 

12/14/2016: Mailed I-751.

12/19/2016: NOA issued.

01/26/2017: Biometrics.

05/03/2018: I-751 transfered to NBC.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 Interview.

05/14/2019: I-751 APPROVED.

Naturalization:

12/02/2017: Mailed N 400 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox. (I-751 still pending)

12/05/2017: Package delivered in Phoenix, AZ. Transferred to Harrisonburg Processing Center.

12/07/2017: Notice of action issued. (IOE)

12/26/2017: Biometrics.

01/23/2019: Interview Scheduled for 2/27/2019.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 interview. N-400 recommended for approval.

05/16/2019: N-400 APPROVED! Placed in line for oath ceremony.

05/17/2019: Oath ceremony notice mailed.

06/12/2019: Swearing in Ceremony! Finally a U.S. citizen!

As stated above, your case isn't the same as the others I found since you did actually apply before you became eligible. All of the others, including myself, filed after midnight; you filed before midnight, which is technically the day before.

If you're fine with the risk of getting denied over it then you can certainly proceed and see what happens. If you want to be certain of not getting denied over it then you should withdraw and re-file.

Edited by Hypnos

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Yeha I agree that I'm clear cut case of applying before midnight of my actual date. 

That said the recidved date of being the correct date has me thinking I should wait for a denial? Might be a waste of time but I'm expecting my interview in 2 months or so? 

In reference to this thread: 

Has anyone filed their N400 a day early? In the case above, the person above filed the day they were eligible but had their N400 denied (eventually overturned). They had their priority date one day less then their recieved date which is the correct day they were eligible. 

Now in my case, I applied at 10pm the day before I was eligible. I remember logging into my application and seeing I was able to submit my application and pay for it so I did. I had just assumed since the system allowed me to submit I was eligible and I did not think about the fact I could be denied for submitting prematurely. 

The difference between me and the above person is that there's a clear cut case that I applied early. I'm in the central time zone so even In eastern I was early. However again, my recidved date is the correct date that I'm eligible of 11/12/2018 but my priority date is 11/11/2018. The date my application signed seems is also the date I'm eligible at 11/12/2018 (I don't recall me forward dating this, but is this signed date done by the system or me?). 

The denial will only come during the interview. I'm already 3 months in and expecting an interview around May/June. I'm thinking do I withdraw my application if it's clear to everyone I'll get denied or do I wait it out seeing as my interview is soon. 

In other words, anyone else in a similar situation to mine that got approval? 

Thanks 

2 hours ago, ordjnb said:

Has anyone filed their N400 a day early? In the case above, the person above filed the day they were eligible but had their N400 denied (eventually overturned). They had their priority date one day less then their recieved date which is the correct day they were eligible. 

Now in my case, I applied at 10pm the day before I was eligible. I remember logging into my application and seeing I was able to submit my application and pay for it so I did. I had just assumed since the system allowed me to submit I was eligible and I did not think about the fact I could be denied for submitting prematurely. 

The difference between me and the above person is that there's a clear cut case that I applied early. I'm in the central time zone so even In eastern I was early. However again, my recidved date is the correct date that I'm eligible of 11/12/2018 but my priority date is 11/11/2018. The date my application signed seems is also the date I'm eligible at 11/12/2018 (I don't recall me forward dating this, but is this signed date done by the system or me?). 

The denial will only come during the interview. I'm already 3 months in and expecting an interview around May/June. I'm thinking do I withdraw my application if it's clear to everyone I'll get denied or do I wait it out seeing as my interview is soon. 

Thanks 

No.

5 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

No.

I have one case here, just wanted to hear more before making a decision.

Thanks for your input. 

12 hours ago, Hypnos said:

If you're somewhere that you get a much shorter wait than I did (I waited a year at Dallas), and if you know you don't need US citizenship for a pressing issue, then sure. Just be prepared for the possibility.

I'm with Hypnos on this one. 90 days means 90 days. Just as USCIS was wrong with Hypnos' denial, they'd be right to deny yours. I wouldn't count on getting lucky: One other person  here reported seeing a slip at the top of her file during interview saying "consider denial for early filing." And she filed after midnight when her window opened.

But hey: People have been known to win the lottery....

2 hours ago, afrocraft said:

I'm with Hypnos on this one. 90 days means 90 days. Just as USCIS was wrong with Hypnos' denial, they'd be right to deny yours. I wouldn't count on getting lucky: One other person  here reported seeing a slip at the top of her file during interview saying "consider denial for early filing." And she filed after midnight when her window opened.

But hey: People have been known to win the lottery....

I recall this on the October thread? The pink slip correct?

Has anyone filed their N400 a day early? In the case above, the person above filed the day they were eligible but had their N400 denied (eventually overturned). They had their priority date one day less then their received date which is the correct day they were eligible. 

The difference between me and the above person is that there's a clear cut case that I applied early. I'm in the central time zone so even In eastern I was early. However again, my received date is the correct date that I'm eligible of 11/12/2018 but my priority date is 11/11/2018. The date my application signed seems is also the date I'm eligible at 11/12/2018 (I don't recall me forward dating this, but is this signed date done by the system or me?). 

Thanks 

Reported for spamming. How many more threads you're going to create?

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

8 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

Oh God. Why do people just NOT wait one more day to apply just to be sure. If everyone just wait until the day after, we won't be here having this conversation. 

Totally agree. But it happened. And happens to people so I think it's useful to know? 

7 minutes ago, Roel said:

Reported for spamming. How many more threads you're going to create?

This is my 2nd one? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.