lmusicof

I-751 was sent a few days early and was returned.

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Good Afternoon,

My wife's green card expires on 05MAY2019 and in early January we received a letter from USCIS saying to send her application in to remove the conditions on her green card.

We sent the package to USCIS and they received it on 30JAN2019 and we received the package today in the mail with a letter saying it was sent prior to the ninety day grace period. We are now within the ninety day grace period and my wife and I are bordering on panicking. I saw a green sheet in the package saying to put that page first when we send the package back.

Is she in danger of her application being rejected because it was received during the ninety day grace period instead of the beginning of the grace period?

I found a customer service phone number on the documentation and I will be calling on Monday when I get home from work; any first hand experiences from people who went through this are much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

LM

"My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my wife to marry me". - Sir Winston Spencer Churchill

Timeline

They are probably saying that you need to apply inside the 90-day period prior to expiration. You applied too early. Not sure why you did that. You have plenty of time. Resubmit now, along with the green sheet. You will be OK.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, lmusicof said:

Good Afternoon,

My wife's green card expires on 05MAY2019 and in early January we received a letter from USCIS saying to send her application in to remove the conditions on her green card.

We sent the package to USCIS and they received it on 30JAN2019 and we received the package today in the mail with a letter saying it was sent prior to the ninety day grace period. We are now within the ninety day grace period and my wife and I are bordering on panicking. I saw a green sheet in the package saying to put that page first when we send the package back.

Is she in danger of her application being rejected because it was received during the ninety day grace period instead of the beginning of the grace period?

I found a customer service phone number on the documentation and I will be calling on Monday when I get home from work; any first hand experiences from people who went through this are much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

LM

No the initial paperwork will be accepted if it is within the 90 days but rejected if submitted before the 90 days 

Just send the package back in.   Take a breathe. (Don't tell her too ;) )  You will be fine.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
10 minutes ago, lmusicof said:

Good Afternoon,

Thank you in advance!

LM

Your first package was rejected because you filed before the 90-day filing window. A joint I-751 petition must be filed within the 90-day period before the 2yr GC expiration date. Good news is that you can just re-file it again, no need to worry!

The I-751 instructions are very clear on when you can file for ROC:

image.thumb.png.073179d63788aeb7fa2ac14581349f2e.png

N-400 timeline:

Spoiler

5/9/2022: N-400 Received by USCIS

5/9/2022: Biometric Reuse Notice

7/5/2022: Received Interview Scheduled Notice

8/12/2022: Interview @ Cincinnati Field Office, Approved same-day

9/9/2022: Completed Oath Ceremony

ROC timeline:

Spoiler

01/06/2019: 90-day ROC filing window open

01/07/2019: Sent I-751 petition to USCIS Dallas Lockbox via USPS 2-day Priority Mail

01/09/2019: ROC package delivered by USPS to PO Box

01/14/2019: Received USCIS text message with receipt number starting with LIN-xxxxxxx

01/15/2019: Check cashed, Added receipt# to USCIS account (myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov), Current Status: "We received your case, You do not need to do anything at this time"

02/14/2019: Submitted e-request for non-delivery of receipt notice

02/28/2019: Received e-request response. Receipt notice was never initially sent and we should receive it in 10-14 business days

03/04/2019: Received original NOA1 letter with 18 month extension

08/09/2019: Received biometrics appointment letter, scheduled for Aug 19

08/14/2019: Completed early walk-in biometrics appointment on Aug 13, Status changed on myUSCIS site to "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

01/02/2020: Case status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

01/03/2020: Case status updated to "Case Was Approved"

01/06/2020: Received I-751 Approval Notice in the mail 

01/09/2020: Received 10yr Green Card in the mail

I-751 ROC Package Contents, Assembly & Photos:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/693181-i-751-january-2019-filers/?do=findComment&comment=9522611

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/693181-i-751-january-2019-filers/?do=findComment&comment=9522687

AOS timeline:

Spoiler

12/21/2015: I-485 Received by USCIS

12/24/2015: I-485 NOA date

02/26/2016: Biometrics Appointment

04/04/2017: Interview @ Louisville Field Office

04/06/2017: I-485 Approved

04/12/2017: GC Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi,

I actually experienced the same thing. I sent my ROC application too early. It had a white paper indicating this and saying they returned the check with the application.

I just resent it because by that time my 90-day window was wide open. make sure the check is not cashed by the way. good luck.

blooms

Just a follow-up that is right now it is taking close to 18 months to have I751 approved, so they will send a notice that said her GC is extented for 18 months. She will need that letter AND the expired GC to travel and re-enter the US.

Also note that assuming you’re a US citizen, she will be eligible to apply for citizenship at the 3 years mark. She will have that option to file the N-400 then, actually 90 days before her 3 year mark. That usually forces them to adjudicate both petitions together. There will be an interview, could be combo I-751/N-400 interview and if everything is fine, she could be approved to be a citizen.

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 2/23/2019 at 2:34 PM, lmusicof said:

Good Afternoon,

Thank you in advance!

LM

Did you gets the entire package back, including pictures and payment? I just realized I did the same thing. I sent it too early. I'm worry if they will return the cashier check back too.

K-1 Fiancee Visa

11/10/16   I-129F Mailed to Lewisville TX Lockbox
11/14/16   I-129F Received date

11/16/16   NOA1 Date on Hard Copy

11/17/16   NOA1 Text & Email. Routed to CSC.
11/19/16   NOA1 Hard Copy Received

02/02/17   NOA2 Text and Email from USCIS
02/06/17   NOA2 Hard Copy Received 

02/15/17   NVC Received

02/16/17   NVC Processed & Case# Issued

02/27/17.  Ciudad Juarez Embassy Receive

03/04/17   Petitioner Receive- Embassy Welcome Letter

03/22/17   Beneficiary Receive- Embassy Welcome Letter

04/04/17.  NVC Letter (Mail)

04/05/17   Medical

04/06/17   ASC/Biometrics Appointment

04/07/17   Interview - APPROVED!!!

04/11/17   DHL tracking number  received  (Email)

04/27/17   Arrived at USA, Port of Entry-Portland Oregon

05/01/17   Applied for Social Security Card 

05/13/17   Social Security Card Received 

05/19/17.   Married!!!! 

Adjustment of Status

05/31/17.   AOS sent to Chicago IL

06/01/17   Chicago Lockbox Received

06/05/17   3 emails & 3 text received USCIS, I-485, I-131, & I-795

06/09/17   3 Paper NOA Received, I-485, I-131, & I-795

06/16/17   Biometric Letter Received

06/26/17   Biometric Appointment

07/19/17   USCIS email notification of Scheduled Interview

07/22/17   Paper NOA received for I-485 Interview

08/15/17   Interview 

08/15/17   Interview Approved

08/15/17   USCIS Email & text notice-Green Card in production

08/17/17. USCIS Email & text- GC mailed. Yayy!!!

08/19/17.  NOA hardcopy received- AOS approved!

On 2/23/2019 at 4:34 PM, lmusicof said:

Good Afternoon,

Thank you in advance!

LM

My file was also returned yesterday stating the same . Did you resubmit the same file or do we need to do all the paperwork again,really confused.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Pradeesh said:

My file was also returned yesterday stating the same . Did you resubmit the same file or do we need to do all the paperwork again,really confused.

Follow the advice that has already been given by several of the responses in this thread....refile your ROC packet within the 90 day acceptance window, then sit back and relax for your next exercise in acquiring patience the USCIS way.  :whistle:

Before resubmission, now would be a good time double-check to make sure that your ROC petition and evidence is complete and with out errors.

While your are waiting, and you will have plenty of time...:time:.It helps everyone that uses the forum.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Lmusicof,

When they received your package on Jan 30, there were 2 remaining days in Jan (Jan 30 and Jan 31), plus 28 days in Feb, plus 31 days in Mar, plus 30 days in Apr, plus 2 days in May (May 1 and May 2).  If you add them up 2 + 28 + 31 + 30 + 2 = 93 days.  That was 3 days before they could accept your I-751, that's why you got the return package.  Just resend it, it will be OK.

• 6 months later...

Hi,

When resending your packet with the signed forms, did you have to re-sign the forms with a new date that was within the 90 day window? Or, did you send the packet and forms from the previous submission that had an earlier date than the 90 day window?

I also was rejected for early filing and now am wondering if I can just resend the same packet or if I have to update the forms with a new signing date as well. Thanks in advance for the help!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Don't know the answer Daniela,

Why don't you just re-print the pages with the date/signature and put on the new date and the new signatures?  Just only a few pages.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline
On 2/23/2019 at 6:06 PM, blooms said:

Hi,

I actually experienced the same thing. I sent my ROC application too early. It had a white paper indicating this and saying they returned the check with the application.

I just resent it because by that time my 90-day window was wide open. make sure the check is not cashed by the way. good luck.

blooms

Hello I hope you are still active in this blog...
I received my package today because the same reason, they attached the checks back (with a seal on top and they never cashed) do I have to write  a new check or just re-send the package with the new form (new dates)

N-400 Online 
06/09/2021 Eligibility (3-year rule with 90 day window)

07/08/2021 Application Submitted
07/08/2021 Case Was Received And A Receipt Notice Was Sent

09/04/2021 Biometric Appointment

01/14/2022 Interview Scheduled

02/23/2022 Interview (Passed the test but a decision cannot be made due server was down and officer couldn't access to my case on the computer)

02/28/2022  We recommended that your Form N400, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review

03/02/2022 Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

Concurrent Filling for Parent (I-130, I-485 & I-765) 
I-130
05/02/2022 Case was received by USCIS

I-485
05/13/2022 Biometric Appointment Notice
06/09/2022 Case is being
actively reviewed by USCIS
I-765
06/09/2022 Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.