millefleur

Bernie Sanders Joins the 2020 Presidential Race

91 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

The 2019 proposed budget says 56.2 million according to the government website. 

Source, or is it in Swedish? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Source, or is it in Swedish? 

https://www.government.se/articles/2018/11/central-government-budget-in-figures/

Scroll down to Expenditure in the central government budget 2017-2021 (from the Budget Bill for 2019) and then it is item nr 6.

Edited by Unidentified

9 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

https://www.government.se/articles/2018/11/central-government-budget-in-figures/

Scroll down to Expenditure in the central government budget 2017-2021 (from the Budget Bill for 2019) and then it is item nr 6.

That's in SEK billion which correlates to almost $6 billion USD. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Steeleballz said:

Actually if you look at a country like Canada, the Canadian government is a single payer. They negotiate the price for each drug that that will be sold in Canada and they have a lot of power to determine what that price will be. What they can't do is force pharmaceutical companies to sell those drugs. If companies were not making a profit selling in that market, they wouldn't be there. Simple as that.

I think you have it a little backwards in your analysis. Pharmaceutical companies take advantage of a fractured health care system and limited regulation to charge US consumers whatever prices they can dream up. As a country, we are often too obsessed with the limited philosophical differences between Democrats and Republicans to actually take notice of important things like that.

I guess what I am saying is that R&D incurs cost, and so if a government with price controls will only agree to a certain price for a drug that will not cover the cost of that R&D then the companies turn to areas when they can recapture that cost which effectively means one country is subsidizing the price caps imposed by other countries.  You are correct that there is nothing stopping a drug company from selling in a price capped market, but if the ability to recapture their investment dries up, there will be an impact overall.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

That's in SEK billion which correlates to almost $6 billion USD. 

14 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

:no:  $56.2 Billion, not million.  Which as Cyber pointed out, is about $6 bil USD.

Sorry, you're right. I read it too quickly. Million and billion are too similar in Swedish (miljon/miljard) Sorry! 

Filed: Timeline
27 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

Sorry, you're right. I read it too quickly. Million and billion are too similar in Swedish (miljon/miljard) Sorry! 

Don’t feel bad, I had to copy/paste it and add commas to read all those zeros.  I’m MUCH more used to dealing with 100s or 1000s when it comes to money, lol.

17 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

Don’t feel bad, I had to copy/paste it and add commas to read all those zeros.  I’m MUCH more used to dealing with 100s or 1000s when it comes to money, lol.

Me too. But recently I was walking around with 20k in my pocket

2 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

20k worth of pesos  hahaha 

2 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

20k worth of pesos  hahaha 

Yep lol 

Lol, I used to as well. I used to draw out 20k at a time which was all the bank would allow me to take out every day then take that money up to the province where my wife lives.  

3 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

I guess what I am saying is that R&D incurs cost, and so if a government with price controls will only agree to a certain price for a drug that will not cover the cost of that R&D then the companies turn to areas when they can recapture that cost which effectively means one country is subsidizing the price caps imposed by other countries.  You are correct that there is nothing stopping a drug company from selling in a price capped market, but if the ability to recapture their investment dries up, there will be an impact overall.

I agree with that assessment. I don't think the price cap is that low. There are several medications that I recall being more expensive in Canada. I think it's something that is looked at on a case by case basis. As a general rule  though, you will not see the 5000% markups that you see with certain drugs here.  

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

2 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Me too but it was PhP... So not even a mortgage payment

1 hour ago, Steeleballz said:

I agree with that assessment. I don't think the price cap is that low. There are several medications that I recall being more expensive in Canada. I think it's something that is looked at on a case by case basis. As a general rule  though, you will not see the 5000% markups that you see with certain drugs here.  

I think I posted earlier. I take a drug called Jardiance  that is about 500 or more here. 30 bucks no prescription needed in the Philippines