Tampa Wildcat

Proof of meeting and relationship

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Does this sound like a good idea or is it too much. I was of course going to include pictures, receipts, etc. from meeting, but I was going to write a document that both described how we met, and in the document reference the included pictures and other documents. I just want to make sure I'm not over thinking this or doing something that will look funny.

For example: 

On the February 7th, 2019 we had our cruise together on the Carnival Elation (See page xx, copy of folio statement). When she wasn't working, we were spending time together either just the two of us or with my parents, so that we could all get to know each other (see photo packet, photos x-y). To say that my parents love her, and vice versa, is an understatement. Her day off coincided with "formal night" on the ship, so that gave us the chance to get all dressed up, and for her to go to dinner with us on the ship (See photo packet, photos x-y). When the cruise ended, we took the opportunity of her time off while the ship was docked to have breakfast together, her first time in a Cracker Barrel, and go to the Jacksonville zoo (See Jacksonville Zoo reciept and ticket stub as well as photos x-y)

Way too much unnecessary information. Just demonstrate that you met within the last two years. No need for all the extra details about days off, getting dressed up etc. Send boarding passes, passport stamps, tickets etc. USCIS know what they are looking for. Make it quick and easy for them. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, JFH said:

Way too much unnecessary information. Just demonstrate that you met within the last two years. No need for all the extra details about days off, getting dressed up etc. Send boarding passes, passport stamps, tickets etc. USCIS know what they are looking for. Make it quick and easy for them. 

Alright thank you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
13 hours ago, Tampa Wildcat said:

Does this sound like a good idea or is it too much. I was of course going to include pictures, receipts, etc. from meeting, but I was going to write a document that both described how we met, and in the document reference the included pictures and other documents. I just want to make sure I'm not over thinking this or doing something that will look funny.

For example: 

On the February 7th, 2019 we had our cruise together on the Carnival Elation (See page xx, copy of folio statement). When she wasn't working, we were spending time together either just the two of us or with my parents, so that we could all get to know each other (see photo packet, photos x-y). To say that my parents love her, and vice versa, is an understatement. Her day off coincided with "formal night" on the ship, so that gave us the chance to get all dressed up, and for her to go to dinner with us on the ship (See photo packet, photos x-y). When the cruise ended, we took the opportunity of her time off while the ship was docked to have breakfast together, her first time in a Cracker Barrel, and go to the Jacksonville zoo (See Jacksonville Zoo reciept and ticket stub as well as photos x-y)

Keep it short and simple, they're not going to read a whole story. About 3 or 4 sentences is usually enough

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 hours ago, Tampa Wildcat said:

For example: 

If you can't fit your answer in the space provided on the petition form, time to rethink your response 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 2/15/2019 at 2:55 AM, Tampa Wildcat said:

For example: 

I agree with the other comments that this is way too detailed. What we did though, was a short (!) document where we wrote down the date of our first contact and day of meeting in person, and every dates of when we went on vacation together, since we included pictures of these. We got no RFE; over a week ago, we got NOA-2 :)

Timeline
On 2/14/2019 at 8:55 PM, Tampa Wildcat said:

For example: 

If you haven't gotten this advice or read this yet, Vietnam is considered a high fraud country; the stuff you write will get looked at with a little more scrutiny, and if you add in unnecessary details, they can trigger requests for information. I wrote a short paragraph about our meeting which had no flourishes, but mentioned we met on a dating website, and we ended up with an RFE where we had to prove it wasn't a marriage broker. Treat everything you're submitting as if you're answering questions in a trial: be honest and succinct, but don't offer elaboration beyond what you were asked.

Timeline

I appreciate all of the feedback. I provided much tighter statement of our initial and last meeting with the accompanying documentation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.