Naina khan

Phone call from embassy

16 posts in this topic

Hi. Fiancé visa was approved on 1/29. No 221 g , no additional papers were asked. VO said 7 to 10 days. Next day Ceac site displayed AP. Two days ago it changed to Ready with a new date. I was hopeful that someone has touched it and soon it will change to Issued etc. But this morning my fiancé received a phone call from the embassy.. stating that some office work is going on.. so do not buy the ticket yet..  Very confused and depressed. What does it mean? Is it in AP? Should we be worried? Did any one else received any phone calls like this?  Please advise. Thank you. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Background checks not completed.

I mean it would help to know at least which Embassy, what country.
Check Immigrant visa status, it should change over. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
2 hours ago, Naina khan said:

Islamabad. Now the status is changed again to AP from READY and the update date is yesterday. 

Good!

Don't buy a ticket until the passport with visa is in hand.

Off course not. But if they call u and say do not buy the ticket yet the case is in AP. Wait and remain hopeful. What does it mean. I know about AP. But my question is the phone call? Is this usual for them to call and advise not to buy ticket yet?  It makes sense. But is there a red flag? Is this normal?

Off course not. But if they call u and say do not buy the ticket yet the case is in AP. Wait and remain hopeful. What does it mean. I know about AP. But my question is the phone call? Is this usual for them to call and advise not to buy ticket yet?  It makes sense. But is there a red flag? Is this normal?

Unless you fill out your timeline and give us a little more info about your situation, no one here can know if there are red flags.

Every thing straight forward. K 1.... No issues. Strong paperwork with good income and affidavit of support. Interview great. Counselor said congrats, it is approved. So is it simply in AP?  What does the call mean telling us not to buy ticket yet as some official work is being done. When asked, he said it is not a refusal call. Just stay hopeful and wait. And the CEAC status went back to AP. It was on READY.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Naina khan said:

Every thing straight forward. K 1.... No issues. Strong paperwork with good income and affidavit of support. Interview great. Counselor said congrats, it is approved. So is it simply in AP?  What does the call mean telling us not to buy ticket yet as some official work is being done. When asked, he said it is not a refusal call. Just stay hopeful and wait. And the CEAC status went back to AP. It was on READY.

Maybe it's just a courtesy call, like "hey it's been 10 days but we are still in AP so don't make any plans yet".  Good luck!

1 hour ago, Naina khan said:

But it is Islamabad, which is renowned for prolonged APs for marriage-based visas...

9 hours ago, myjourney2018 said:

Maybe it's just a courtesy call, like "hey it's been 10 days but we are still in AP so don't make any plans yet".  Good luck!

Yes, just good customer service. I wouldn't worry. It means someone cares.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
23 hours ago, Naina khan said:

Thank you guys. Question please? Now Since Monday... The date updated  was 2/11.  Today the date updated is 2/12.  However the status remains AP.  What does that mean?  At least someone touched it again?

Most likely they are still doing "housekeeping". Waiting for background checks to be completed, maybe supervisor overseeing the petition, it's in AP. Thousands of things that could be happening. But if it's being handled, You should be alright. Most likely they are waiting for something and finishing out the approval, paperwork, background check and should print your visa. They kept the passport, right?

Yes They did keep the passport. However yesterday we received an email with the famous “ Questionaire” with the security questions about last 15 years. I guess now it will be in the black long hole of AP?  But what can we do... rather than waiting. I have heard once it goes to State dept , it takes long. I have two questions..  First, this kind of AP, when they send you a questionare... aways takes 6 months or more? Or someone with the questionare situation was lucky enough to have the clearance faster?  Secondly... what is the success percentage( visa issued) after the state dept AP?? What are the chances?? I heard , some cases are rejected and sent back to USCIS. Really, hopes shattering now😒😒..Should i still be excited that after the AP time, we will get our visa and try to spend our lives together. Please help. Thanks. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yes They did keep the passport. However yesterday we received an email with the famous “ Questionaire” with the security questions about last 15 years. I guess now it will be in the black long hole of AP?  But what can we do... rather than waiting. I have heard once it goes to State dept , it takes long. I have two questions..  First, this kind of AP, when they send you a questionare... aways takes 6 months or more? Or someone with the questionare situation was lucky enough to have the clearance faster?  Secondly... what is the success percentage( visa issued) after the state dept AP?? What are the chances?? I heard , some cases are rejected and sent back to USCIS. Really, hopes shattering now😒😒..Should i still be excited that after the AP time, we will get our visa and try to spend our lives together. Please help. Thanks. 

I have not seen very many petitions returned once given the ds-5535 how long really depends on the country.  Islamabad was about 6 months this time last year but now its about 1 year.  You can follow the thread posted below.

Hi guys. I am trying to fill out the questionnaire. Two concerns.. i was sent the questionnaire and was not given the actual form DS 5535. They specified to answer in an editable text form?  Ate they asking to have an editable form because they want to add or edit it if they want? I am unable to create an editable version on my computer. I have filled out the answers on the questionnaire .. made a pdf. Was thinking .. i will just put as an attachment and reply to that email?  Went to staples... they do mot know how to change it to an editable one. Adobe is complicated. What do i do? Help please. Someone...I thought i should get a DS 5535 actual form and fill it? But these forms are expired since 2017. May b they only use the questionnaire now and not the form?  Desperate...😒

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.