Diane&Travis

Shipping AOS through FedEx and UPS

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Diane&Travis said:

Hi my Fiance is about to send me his Affidavit of Support. Is it safe to send through USPS? Fedex and UPS is kinda pricey. It will cost him $100 plus just to send the docs. Is it that expensive too?

Im from HK and my company does ship things to Philippines...if by Post office it takes a long time (at least a month or even longer by Airmail) but MUST ship with a tracking!!! But you have to know it is not that safe...if you are not live in the big city...I would suggest better ship by Fedex or UPS.
I hope this help, but it is better for someone who had shipped from US to Philippines  by using USPS to reply you. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I just asked my fiance to print the page 5 and 8 of aos ang signed it (so i can have the wet signature) and asked him to mail by normal mail.. The rest can be sent by email.. Am i missing something... 

(L)Our Timeline(L)

2015 Nov 03 - met online app (Skout)

2016 Jan 18 - became couple officially

2017 Sep 15 - met for the first time in person (Singapore to USA - 2 weeks)

2018 Feb 03 - met for the 2nd time (USA to Singapore - 2 weeks)

2018 Feb 08 - got engaged 

2018 Sep 01 - met for the 3rd time (Singapore to USA - 2 weeks)

2019 May 31 - 4th meeting :goofy:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K1 Visa Timeline:

2018 Aug 22 - I129f sent (DIY)

2018 Aug 29 - NOA1

worries before approval:

1) submitted 1 statement/letter of intent both signed by the pet/ben

2) petitioner's accidentally/stupidly committed DWI after i129f submission

2019 Jan 16 - NOA2 (140 days from Noa1 - No RFE)

2019 Feb 06 - case received by NVC (21 days from Noa2)

2019 Feb 08 - case number received

2019 Feb 19 - left NVC

2019 Feb 25 - case received by SG consulate

2019 Feb 28 - Packet 3 received

2019 Mar 04 - Packet 3 sent back to SG consulate

2019 Mar 07 - Packet 4 received (interview schedule)

2019 Mar 12 - Medical (additional vaccine on 19 Mar)

2019 Mar 27 - Interview (221g, medical results pending)

2019 Mar 27 - Administrative Processing

2019 Mar 27 - Clinic sent medical results to Embassy

2019 Mar 28 - Administrative Processing

2019 Mar 29 - Application Received

2019 Apr 01 - Issued

2019 Apr 04 - VOH

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
1 hour ago, Diane&Travis said:

Hi my Fiance is about to send me his Affidavit of Support. Is it safe to send through USPS? Fedex and UPS is kinda pricey. It will cost him $100 plus just to send the docs. Is it that expensive too?

I use USPS all the time to send things to Africa.  My fiancé lives in a remote area, however we have never experienced any problems.  Once the mail gets to his town, someone from his local post office will call him & tell him to come get his package.  I always use priority mail & pay only $32-34. It takes appx 1 month.   I get a tracking#.  We are able to track the package to every location it goes until it gets to his town.  I don't know much about your country, so I can't give advice on how well the mailing system is.  Yes,  the other methods of shipping will cost more.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Suki_R said:

Im from HK and my company does ship things to Philippines...if by Post office it takes a long time (at least a month or even longer by Airmail) but MUST ship with a tracking!!! But you have to know it is not that safe...if you are not live in the big city...I would suggest better ship by Fedex or UPS.
I hope this help, but it is better for someone who had shipped from US to Philippines  by using USPS to reply you. :)

Yea, I told my Fiance if he wants to ship it via usps, then he can ship at his own risk. I agree its takes too long to get mail or packages sent from other countries going here in the PH.

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Margeee said:

My fiance sent his documents via fedex and he paid $170.00. It’s costly but they ship it right away and your documents are safe. 

I agree. I might have to convince him to use FedEx or UPS. It's really risky especially that his personal information is in there. Thanks much for your response.

Timeline
36 minutes ago, ourjourney_pc said:

I just asked my fiance to print the page 5 and 8 of aos ang signed it (so i can have the wet signature) and asked him to mail by normal mail.. The rest can be sent by email.. Am i missing something... 

Yes you can receive your approval through email and print in so you can take it to your interview. Just worried about safety of the docs of sent by regular mail, also it might take too long to arrive

Timeline
41 minutes ago, PandT said:

I use USPS all the time to send things to Africa.  My fiancé lives in a remote area, however we have never experienced any problems.  Once the mail gets to his town, someone from his local post office will call him & tell him to come get his package.  I always use priority mail & pay only $32-34. It takes appx 1 month.   I get a tracking#.  We are able to track the package to every location it goes until it gets to his town.  I don't know much about your country, so I can't give advice on how well the mailing system is.  Yes,  the other methods of shipping will cost more.

I'm glad you guys never experienced any problems with your method of shipping. With the stories from other people I heard, it sounded like a bad idea to ship thru usps, but we will see. Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Diane&Travis said:

Yes you can receive your approval through email and print in so you can take it to your interview. Just worried about safety of the docs of sent by regular mail, also it might take too long to arrive

I guess you didn't get what I meant 

(L)Our Timeline(L)

2015 Nov 03 - met online app (Skout)

2016 Jan 18 - became couple officially

2017 Sep 15 - met for the first time in person (Singapore to USA - 2 weeks)

2018 Feb 03 - met for the 2nd time (USA to Singapore - 2 weeks)

2018 Feb 08 - got engaged 

2018 Sep 01 - met for the 3rd time (Singapore to USA - 2 weeks)

2019 May 31 - 4th meeting :goofy:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K1 Visa Timeline:

2018 Aug 22 - I129f sent (DIY)

2018 Aug 29 - NOA1

worries before approval:

1) submitted 1 statement/letter of intent both signed by the pet/ben

2) petitioner's accidentally/stupidly committed DWI after i129f submission

2019 Jan 16 - NOA2 (140 days from Noa1 - No RFE)

2019 Feb 06 - case received by NVC (21 days from Noa2)

2019 Feb 08 - case number received

2019 Feb 19 - left NVC

2019 Feb 25 - case received by SG consulate

2019 Feb 28 - Packet 3 received

2019 Mar 04 - Packet 3 sent back to SG consulate

2019 Mar 07 - Packet 4 received (interview schedule)

2019 Mar 12 - Medical (additional vaccine on 19 Mar)

2019 Mar 27 - Interview (221g, medical results pending)

2019 Mar 27 - Administrative Processing

2019 Mar 27 - Clinic sent medical results to Embassy

2019 Mar 28 - Administrative Processing

2019 Mar 29 - Application Received

2019 Apr 01 - Issued

2019 Apr 04 - VOH

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, ourjourney_pc said:

I have found DHL to be cheaper for simple document envelopes and never had any problems.  They will usually pad the delivery estimate by a day or 2 in case of customs delays.

You can send 250g of paper for a flat rate. That is quite a few pages.

Edited by TandSarahJane

*~*~*general question about mailing services for documents and forms moved to “general discussion”*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline

I thought for the I-134 you don't need a wet signature? So could just scan and e-mail.

I could be wrong, but I believe I have read that here. Manila doesn't require a wet signature.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Country-specific thread is moved further, to the Philippines forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
On 2/10/2019 at 7:21 PM, Diane&Travis said:

If you mean the I-134 for your K1 visa interview in Manila, save your fiance some cash and just have him scan and email the signed form to you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.