dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2019

1,541 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

Just a quick update. We received our NVC case number and Invoice ID by email today, 19th Feb.

We were approved by USCIS on 27th Nov, and the NVC received our case on Jan 2nd.

I made the payment for both the AOS and IV fees today. 

AOS went through fine, however, while paying for IV there seemed to be an internal error (DB transaction rolled back) and consequently the Transaction ID wasn't generated. It still shows the status as In Process though, similar to AOS. So I'm hoping both will open up in a couple days to upload documentation.

If IV doesn't open up, I'll unfortunately have to call them to get things sorted out. Will keep you guys posted.

• I-130 petition sent: May 5th, 2018
  • I-130 Petition received: May 14, 2018
  • I-130 Petition approved: Nov 27, 2018
  • Case sent to NVC: Dec 21, 2018
  • Case received at NVCJan 2nd, 2019
  • NVC case# Generated: Feb 19th, 2019 
  • AOS and IV Fees paid: Feb 19th, 2019 
  • AOS and IV Forms / Docs submitted: Feb 22nd, 2019 
  • NVC Case Complete : March 8th, 2019
  • InterviewMay 31st, 2019 - Approved

Timeline
17 minutes ago, sj0509 said:

Hi All,

Just a quick update. We received our NVC case number and Invoice ID by email today, 19th Feb.

We were approved by USCIS on 27th Nov, and the NVC received our case on Jan 2nd.

I made the payment for both the AOS and IV fees today. 

AOS went through fine, however, while paying for IV there seemed to be an internal error (DB transaction rolled back) and consequently the Transaction ID wasn't generated. It still shows the status as In Process though, similar to AOS. So I'm hoping both will open up in a couple days to upload documentation.

If IV doesn't open up, I'll unfortunately have to call them to get things sorted out. Will keep you guys posted.

So they reset the status for the failed payment after a short while, and I was able to make the payment again, successfully this time. So all good on that front.

I AM SO ANNOYED. 

I submitted all my documents on January 16 and got first RFE on February 2 because they wanted my husbands explanation for not filing taxes letter/statement to be labelled/uploaded as the tax return. Even though I had uploaded this labelled as supporting document “explanation for not filing taxes”. 

So i re-uploaded this letter/statement on February 2 and labelled it as the tax return and waited 18 days and today February 20 (NZ time) I got another RFE because they want my joint sponsors 2017 Tax Transcript!!!!!

I had already submitted my joint sponsors COMPLETE tax return AND 1099 for 2017, 2016 AND 2015. 

Each tax return is 50-55 pages each. 

Why do they want a transcript?? And why didn’t they ask this for the first RFE????

I’m just so annoyed. 

Edited by kalikala
Changed days I waited. Calculated it wrong

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

They replied me today but I got a RFE to submit my 2017 tax transcripts and they complain about my 1864 that it was not fill well. Pls who can send me a sample of his or her filled 1864 to help me fill mine.

Screenshot_20190219-202439.png

Screenshot_20190219-200255.png

8 minutes ago, kalikala said:

I AM SO ANNOYED. 

I submitted all my documents on January 16 and got first RFE on February 2 because they wanted my husbands explanation for not filing taxes letter/statement to be labelled/uploaded as the tax return. Even though I had uploaded this labelled as supporting document “explanation for not filing taxes”. 

So i re-uploaded this letter/statement on February 2 and labelled it as the tax return and waited 17 days and today February 20 (NZ time) I got another RFE because they want my joint sponsors 2017 Tax Transcript!!!!!

I had already submitted my joint sponsors COMPLETE tax return AND 1099 for 2017, 2016 AND 2015. 

Why do they want a transcript?? And why didn’t they ask this for the first RFE????

I’m just so annoyed. 

They are just bunch of idiots so make sure you upload everything EVEN THEY DON'T ASK TO UPLOAD IT during first attempt otherwise they gonna keep sending you RFE one by one and NOT REQUESTING ALL IN ONCE .They just want to delay the applicants as much they can.

Edited by Mr & Mrs

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

So They sent me a email on 2/14 saying to check my portal...i checked it says accepted. I received another one today saying the same thing to check my portal but there was no change...documents still accepted ...why did they send me another email?...im tired of calling NVC lol

Timeline
15 minutes ago, kalikala said:

I AM SO ANNOYED. 

So i re-uploaded this letter/statement on February 2 and labelled it as the tax return and waited 18 days and today February 20 (NZ time) I got another RFE because they want my joint sponsors 2017 Tax Transcript!!!!!

I’m just so annoyed. 

What did you originally upload under the required tax transcript document? The letter or 2018 tax return or 2017 tax transcript?

Just now, nastra30 said:

What did you originally upload under the required tax transcript document? The letter or 2018 tax return or 2017 tax transcript?

On the original first submission for my husband (usc petitioner) under required tax return or transcript I put n/a then a comment saying refer to supporting document uploaded/labelled as “explanation for not filing taxes”. Which is a letter explaining tax wasn’t filed. 

First rfe they wanted the letter uploaded/labelled as the tax return or transcript. 

Second rfe they want my joint sponsors 2017 tax transcript. On first submission I uploaded my joint sponsors 2017 complete tax return. Now they want transcript. 

Annoyed they didn’t ask for this on the first rfe

21 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs said:

They are just bunch of idiots so make sure you upload everything EVEN THEY DON'T ASK TO UPLOAD IT during first attempt otherwise they gonna keep sending you RFE one by one and NOT REQUESTING ALL IN ONCE .They just want to delay the applicants as much they can.

Do you think I should upload the transcript for 2015 and 2016 too?

39 minutes ago, Mrsamoah2019 said:

So They sent me a email on 2/14 saying to check my portal...i checked it says accepted. I received another one today saying the same thing to check my portal but there was no change...documents still accepted ...why did they send me another email?...im tired of calling NVC lol

Dont dtress it you are being processed and the system automatically notified you that means you are closer to your completion (YEA YOU)

20 minutes ago, kalikala said:

Do you think I should upload the transcript for 2015 and 2016 too?

If he can provide you then you better upload it because you never know they will send you another RFE requesting 2016 and 2015 . Its easy to get transcripts they are 2-3 pages each but if he couldnt provide you then its okay usually they need only recent tax transcripts but just to be on safe side and make sure you uploaded all other docs such as marriage cert ,divorce cert ,PCC, birth cert ,passport copy etc etc because they don't ask you in single rfe that you are missing this and that but they will send you rfe one by one .

57 minutes ago, kalikala said:

I AM SO ANNOYED. 

I’m just so annoyed. 

Yes they did the same to me but what else can we do just resubmit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ndupu Princess I said:

They replied me today but I got a RFE to submit my 2017 tax transcripts and they complain about my 1864 that it was not fill well. Pls who can send me a sample of his or her filled 1864 to help me fill mine.

Screenshot_20190219-202439.png

Please someone should help me out 

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Ndupu Princess I said:

Please someone should help me out 

This is a sample. Version might be different but substance is the same.

https://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-I-864.pdf

https://www.visajourney.com/content/examples/

When you are completing it and you end up with specific questions to a particular item, you can seek clarification from the VJ community.

Also, to better get assistance from people, you'll need to complete your timeline so others can give you appropriate help based on where you are in the process.

Edited by nastra30

Timeline

Hi all,

Wondering if there's any self-employed sponsor on this forum ? 

I have a single member LLC, and wondering if I need to provide any documentation in addition to last three years' IRS transcripts. Does anyone have any experience / knowledge about that ? 

I read this article: https://learn.simplecitizen.com/2017/06/self-employed-sponsor-uscis-form-864-affidavit-support/

And this is suggesting, 

• Complete Tax Returns from previous years
  • Business License / Registration etc
  • Bank Statements for previous months

I don't have any issues submitting these, (and maybe even my Investments statements), but my worry is that the more documentation I provide, the more it confuses them, and causes them to request further documentation / RFE.

What minimum have the other self-employeds gotten through with ? 

Thanks for your help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.