Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,103 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, pushok said:

Administrative Processing.

We were supposed to pick it up yesterday but due to technical issues we need to come back Friday. 

You gonna get it my friend. Good luck to you always! 

Visa Issued!  Waited quite a longer time from the NOA2 as process is different here in the UAE but worth the wait! :)  I am yet to receive an advice to pick it up from the post office but the status changed to issued from AP today! Yahooooo! :)  Thanks for all your help and I pray everyone get theirs soon!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Steelers11 said:

Visa Issued!  Waited quite a longer time from the NOA2 as process is different here in the UAE but worth the wait! :)  I am yet to receive an advice to pick it up from the post office but the status changed to issued from AP today! Yahooooo! :)  Thanks for all your help and I pray everyone get theirs soon!

Congratulations!!!

1 hour ago, Sohamahmoud91 said:

Is the AP status meant to be a good sign? I’m seeing people happy to be under that status so I’m not sure if it’s a good or bad thing? 

AP is a term that is used for a case that is waiting on any number of things. It could be a RFE, it could be a 221(g) after the interview, it could be for the time that your passport is processing to receive the visa in. Most times, it's a good thing and nothing to worry about. There are so many times that it can be used that it would take a long time for anyone of us explains all the different cases that AP shows up.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

AP is a term that is used for a case that is waiting on any number of things. It could be a RFE, it could be a 221(g) after the interview, it could be for the time that your passport is processing to receive the visa in. Most times, it's a good thing and nothing to worry about. There are so many times that it can be used that it would take a long time for anyone of us explains all the different cases that AP shows up.

I’m just trying to interpret my own situation in light of all the clues I have. Interview went well CO said visa is approved and to just wait for the passport return. Ceac status is now AP. Passport status used to say still at consulate and now it says. I have no idea what’s going on at this point.

Passport Status :
There is no status update available for the passport number submitted

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, Sohamahmoud91 said:

I’m just trying to interpret my own situation in light of all the clues I have. Interview went well CO said visa is approved and to just wait for the passport return. Ceac status is now AP. Passport status used to say still at consulate and now it says. I have no idea what’s going on at this point.

Passport Status :

The AP people normally get excited for is the Non-Immigrant AP. So your case will turn from Immigrant to Non immigrant then from ready to AP to Issued. When people see non immigrant AP then it means they are in process of printing the Visa etc and they will most likely see Issued soon. In this case I assume the AP you're experiencing is due to them verifying the supplemental questions. Theres no timeline on when they finish completing that but I can try to locate that person that went through that in Beirut and see if theirs has completed. They had their interview 2/20. Or if you search in your regional subforum you may find others also in the same situation that can shed some light.

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
6 minutes ago, celie&joseph said:

The AP people normally get excited for is the Non-Immigrant AP. So your case will turn from Immigrant to Non immigrant then from ready to AP to Issued. When people see non immigrant AP then it means they are in process of printing the Visa etc and they will most likely see Issued soon. In this case I assume the AP you're experiencing is due to them verifying the supplemental questions. Theres no timeline on when they finish completing that but I can try to locate that person that went through that in Beirut and see if theirs has completed. They had their interview 2/20. Or if you search in your regional subforum you may find others also in the same situation that can shed some light.

If you can easily find that person I’d really appreciate it. I’ll also check. 

6 hours ago, Sohamahmoud91 said:

Passport Status :

Just about everyone gets this after their interview.  Based on the discussions I had with the case officer he informed me of these steps:

the first AP is the immigration unit doing the paperwork for approving the visa

the first ready is a notice that they are finished and the paperwork is being sent for visa issuance

the second AP is the visa issuance people doing their own paperwork

the second ready is that the visa has been issued and is currently being processed for delivery

Then "issue" is posted and the visa has left the BIG house to YOUR house.

Once you get that second ready, it should be sent out within a few days, although we received our visa before any of the various websites that allow you to look up the status said that it had been sent out.

So using CEAC this is what you will see just after the interview:

When the Embassy is ready to issue a visa, it will change to "Nonimmigrant Visa Application"; at that time, you will know that you are a few days away from getting the visa. It will go from "Immigrant Visa Application" to "Nonimmigrant Visa Application" status and then your visa changes to "Ready" ==> "Administrative Processing" ==>> "Issued" status as well. These steps sometimes transpire over a day or even a few days. Some smaller Embassy's it happens within hours.

Sometimes, it might skip "Administrative Processing" and go from "Ready" to "Issued".

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Hey @Greenbaum
I have the interview in Naples next week. In their instructions it says to bring IRS Tax Transcripts and the supporting evidence listed with the I-134 instructions. 
My fiance has filed his taxes one month ago, but his transcripts are still unavailable - and according to IRS will be until June (June is when our petition expires). Up until 2018, the tax returns or transcripts were not needed at the interview. 
My question is, can we bring his 2018 tax return instead and explain that the transcripts are not available? 
Moreover, he was employed in Japan all of 2018, so I know that technically his tax return doesn't really matter because it does not show employment in the USA. He is now employed in the USA and we have the employment letter and contract to prove it. We also have his father as co-sponsor. Both his job in Japan and his current job are above the 125% poverty line. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.