Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,103 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
4 minutes ago, pushok said:

congrats. Did you call them to find out?

WOW. How long was this interview? haha😀

haha these are the questions on the Rapid Visa website. They are helpful to practice, though. Usually they ask about 5 basic questions but it's always good to be prepared.

Here's the link:

https://rapidvisa.com/fiance-visa-interview/

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
4 hours ago, sarahw907 said:

I did call them to find out. They answered with the standard it can take up to  8 weeks to assign a case number.... God help me

That's what they say but people here report case numbers assigned within few days.  Try Friday or Monday. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
10 hours ago, Prizm123 said:

i am not sure, but it appears they usually have about 9 slots per day and they seem to fill pretty quick too, I am hoping we will have enough time to schedule it mid-late april but it depends on one of her co workers coming back from a trip to Spain because again she needs to take 2 days off to travel to Kyiv

I attempted to schedule the interview today, but apparently something got messed up with the transfer. It was giving an error, like what people get when they haven't waited long enough before trying to schedule. I used the query tool, because after 2 weeks we definitely should not be getting that error. Response was that they have no record of that payment in their system. ugh.. . They said I needed to send them a copy of the receipt, but I don't really know what will happen. They wanted a scanned copy, but I just sent a photo of it, so hopefully they accept that. I'm gonna be really pissed if we end up having to pay that fee again. I don't know why this fee isn't just something that can be paid online, it's so stupid. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

So what time does the status start changing tomorrow of our cases? Just wondering. If i got the case number on March 8th, i'm safe to assume the case will gets shipped tomorrow?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cyprus
Timeline
1 minute ago, vjscorp said:

So what time does the status start changing tomorrow of our cases? Just wondering. If i got the case number on March 8th, i'm safe to assume the case will gets shipped tomorrow?

It has started changing now, because i just check mine now and it says in transit.

Timeline
1 minute ago, osally1 said:

It has started changing now, because i just check mine now and it says in transit.

when did you get a case number? will you please update the timeline?

42 minutes ago, vjscorp said:

mine still says AT NVC :(

Vjscorp where I can check the status of the case in NVC. I called the NVC and they said they got the file on Friday, where si can check for more information online.

I-130 Timeline

Permanent Resident

07/29/2009 - Married in Dominican Republic

08/28/2010 - Sent I-130

09/04/2010 - USCIS Received I-130

10/13/2011 - USCIS Approve Application

11/21/2011 - NVC Received the Petition

11/28/2011 - Receive Case Number

11/30/2011 - AOS Bill Invoice

12/02/2011 - My Wife E-Mail Choice of Address and Agent to NVC

12/05/2011 - Choice of Address and Agent accepted

12/07/2011 - AOS sent Payment Online

12/09/2011 - AOS Show PAID

12/14/2011 - Receive IV Invoice

12/15/2011 - Sent Payment IV

12/16/2011 - IV show PAID

Waiting for my W-2 2011 to send my I-864 form

12/27/2011 - Became U.S. Citizen

01/30/2012 - Finally got my W-2 to file my taxes 2011

01/31/2012 - AOS,DS-3032 and Certificate of Naturalization Mail out with USPS in one Package

02/02/2012 - Package Delivered to NVC

02/03/2012 - CASE COMPLETE

02/04/2012 - E-Mail My Certificate of Naturalization

02/07/2012 - Upgrading F2A to IR1 Under Review

02/08/2012 - Changed Classification of Category to CR1

03/02/2012 - Interview Scheduled for April 2nd :D

03/05/2012 - Packet 4 Left from NVC to Consulate throw DHL Express

03/07/2012 - Packet 4 Delivered

03/15/2012 - Medical Exam DONE

04/02/2012 - VISA APPROVED

04/03/2012 Packet in Transit DOMEX

04/04/2012 - VISA On Hand

04/19/2012 - Wife arriving to JFK Airport

Timeline
47 minutes ago, JeviMan said:

Vjscorp where I can check the status of the case in NVC. I called the NVC and they said they got the file on Friday, where si can check for more information online.

if they just got the file, and you don't have a Case number you won't be able to check the status. Here is the website:
https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==

but you will need a case number - if you don't have it yet then your case won't probably leave NVC until April

4 hours ago, pushok said:

That's what they say but people here report case numbers assigned within few days.  Try Friday or Monday. 

From what I've seen so far, usually the case # is assigned within 2 business days after they receive it from USCIS. So if you have the time, check every day from here on by calling. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.