Lammy74

E2 Spouse Visa put in Administrative Processing

11 posts in this topic

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi All,

I have been with my fiance for a little over 2 years. We were going to get married later this year. (We are both British citizens).

I moved here on an E2 Visa last February. My at the time Fiance (Now my wife) came over to see me on back to back ESTA's. She was advised to get a B1/B2 Visa. Unfortunately this was denied twice under 214b.

As a result, we decided to bring the wedding forward and got married on 4th January in Tobago. She had her interview at the Embassy last Monday, 14th January. They took a copy of my visa and our marriage certificate and issued her a 221g letter stating Administrative Processing; no further information was necessary and was told that she would "receive an E-Mail shortly"

Any ideas why this may be the case and it wasn't issued there and then? Do they do additional security checks or are they checking our marriage is legitimate as she went from a B1 application to an E2 spouse?

They did not request any further information. And the ticked box on the 221g is that "no further information is required"

To add some more information sorry: She was questioned a lot about our relationship during the interview:

"How long have you been in a committed relationship" - 2 Years
"Have you ever lived together" - yes, in England throughout 2017 to Feb 2018 when I traveled to USA
"When have you seen him since August" (When she last left USA) - for 2 weeks Sept / October in Canada, then in Tobago for 2 weeks at end of December early January when we got married.

I don't know if this indicates they are investigating the validity of our Marriage and how they would do this?

When I applied for my E2 I was going through a divorce so as I was legally Married at that time, obviously my Ex-Wife's name was on my petition. Could this of caused any flags?

I would be grateful to hear of anyone else's similar experiences and expected wait times?

Many thanks,

Edited by Lammy74
Spotted grammatical error

AP is normal and it's going to take as long as it needs to take.

Might be few days. Few weeks. Few months.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Roel said:

AP is normal and it's going to take as long as it needs to take.

Might be few days. Few weeks. Few months.

Thanks Roel, but I have had other cases of works colleagues on E2 visa's who's spouses were approved at interview. I am trying to establish why hers wasn't, and should we be concerned?

Edited by Lammy74

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline

Receiving a 221g is not "normal" administrative processing. It indicates they are doing further background checks than they would normally do otherwise. There's really no way to find out what the hold up is, or when they might be ready to issue the visa. My fiancé received the 221g at his interview in September 2018 and we have had no updates since. I would guess in your case, it may have something to do with your previous marriage. I wouldn't stress about it, many are receiving 221g's right now. It will just take some extra time, but the visa should eventually be issued.

I-129F Sent: 12/29/17

I-129F NOA 1: 1/4/18

I-129F NOA 2: 7/9/18

NVC Received: 7/18/18

Consulate Received: 8/9/18

Packet 3 Received: 8/13/18

Interview Date: 9/20/18

Interview Result: Administrative Processing

*Visitor's visa interview: December 2016, called back by embassy for second interview on same visa application in January 2019 - visitor's visa finally issued May 2019.

*Fiance visa placed in administrative processing September 2018. 

*Beneficiary's Country: Norway via Iran.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Lammy74 said:

Thanks Roel, but I have had other cases of works colleagues on E2 visa's who's spouses were approved at interview. I am trying to establish why hers wasn't, and should we be concerned?

many of us wonder why some spouses of even USC get approved at interview and others get handed the same form your now wife got handed

its part of the process, but still have no rhyme or reason to it.

for example my husband got handed a 221G paper for AP, no other documents, someone came in a few weeks after him had interview, tons of red flags got approved on the spot.

you just never know and trying to get in the head of a CO will only drive you crazy

Timeline
1 minute ago, Khallaf said:

you just never know and trying to get in the head of a CO will only drive you crazy

Doesn't it just! It's so frustrating, we just want to be back together. 🙂

• 1 month later...
Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 1/21/2019 at 2:41 PM, Lammy74 said:

Doesn't it just! It's so frustrating, we just want to be back together. 🙂

This situation sounds very stressful. Has there been any news? Thank you

P.S. It's annoying because the government wants us to prove our relationships are sound and legit, whereas they are the ones separating us from our husbands and wives and trying to destabilize our relationships in the first place. grrrr

Edited by fs2439

Timeline
18 minutes ago, fs2439 said:

This situation sounds very stressful. Has there been any news? Thank you

P.S. It's annoying because the government wants us to prove our relationships are sound and legit, whereas they are the ones separating us from our husbands and wives and trying to destabilize our relationships in the first place. grrrr

It's a nightmare. We keep logging in and checking status, it was updated on 24th Jan then 1st Feb. Nothing since. I just want to be with my wife. ☹️☹️☹️ 

I have spoken to the local Senator but he can't intervene until 60 days have past, and even then it's not necessarily a good idea apparently. I don't know which way to go. I'm in turmoil: we have a really strong relationship, what we've been through together already would break a lot of people. But we're going to do this. It's just so hard. ☹️

Timeline

On 2/28/2019 at 9:10 PM, Lammy74 said:

It's a nightmare. We keep logging in and checking status, it was updated on 24th Jan then 1st Feb. Nothing since. I just want to be with my wife. ☹️☹️☹️ 

I have spoken to the local Senator but he can't intervene until 60 days have past, and even then it's not necessarily a good idea apparently. I don't know which way to go. I'm in turmoil: we have a really strong relationship, what we've been through together already would break a lot of people. But we're going to do this. It's just so hard. ☹️

Does your case qualify for premium processing? Are you considering it? Best of luck

Edited by fs2439

Timeline
42 minutes ago, fs2439 said:

Does your case qualify for premium processing? Are you considering it? Best of luck

Actually, just did some rereading and realized i misremembered tge case. Premium processing doesn't help at all :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.